Help with trying to not jump ship!

Thread: Help with trying to not jump ship!

richrab is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Messed up
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Liked
    11 times

Help with trying to not jump ship!

PLEASE can someone help me justify staying with a brand I've loved for years but tired of spending considerably more money for (a) BBM which I don't use or (b) the better security, which isn't a high priority with my profession or lifestyle.
    BBM seems to be a complicated way to send a simple text or mms. Since I am the only one left in my circle, its useless.
    With the new BB10 due out soon my excitement is less than high due to just having spent $600 for my 9900 less than 4 months ago. Even though I love my PB/9900 combo it will be obsolete even faster than the course of typical electronics.
    Someone please help me settle my mind to keep me from jumping ship. I live in Orlando so I might see if i can use some local connections to attend the jam but we'll see. I sure could use a little help settling my mind. Thanks in advance.

ice2921 is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow ice2921 On Twitter
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Liked
    754 times
    Quote Originally Posted by richrab View Post
    PLEASE can someone help me justify staying with a brand I've loved for years but tired of spending considerably more money for (a) BBM which I don't use or (b) the better security, which isn't a high priority with my profession or lifestyle.
    BBM seems to be a complicated way to send a simple text or mms. Since I am the only one left in my circle, its useless.
    With the new BB10 due out soon my excitement is less than high due to just having spent $600 for my 9900 less than 4 months ago. Even though I love my PB/9900 combo it will be obsolete even faster than the course of typical electronics.
    Someone please help me settle my mind to keep me from jumping ship. I live in Orlando so I might see if i can use some local connections to attend the jam but we'll see. I sure could use a little help settling my mind. Thanks in advance.
    This is not an easy decision, and even harder to give an unbiased opinion about what you should do. Being a a dedicated fan is not an easy task when some devices simple fall short of your expectations. I would encourage you to do two things. First consider what you want in a device. It seems as though you have already started that process by listing some things that are important to you like price and the pairing of the PlayBook. I would also consider what apps are important to you. Do you want to play games? Do you need to have apps that will help boost your productivity? Yes, the BlackBerry has all of these things, but if entertainment trumps productivity then you may want to consider another device. The second thing I would encourage you to do is to consider durability and battery life. One of the things that separate BlackBerry from the pack is its durability and battery life. It really is second to none. You can justify the price by considering the quality that your getting.

I think that attending BlackBerry World would be a great idea that way you can get a better idea about the BlackBerry community and devices. In the end you need to find a devices that is right for you based on whats important to you. Hope this helps.
    richrab likes this.

richrab is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Messed up
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Liked
    11 times
    Thanks Ice! You have a great point in respect to durability....at the risk of a jinx, it is a truly tough piece. Battery life is terrible though. With normal use I'm lucky to get 3/4 day use out of it. One thing that started turning me off of BB 10 was the hint of an internal battery. That would be a huge strike against BB.

I really appreciate your input, quite frankly I would have given up on BB a while back, if it weren't for this site and its contributor's. We'll see where the cards fall.
    ice2921 likes this.

BBSuperAbuser is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow BBSuperAbuser On Twitter Add BBSuperAbuser on Facebook Visit BBSuperAbuser's Youtube Channel
    PIN
    2AC197
    Device
    Zed10, PlayBook
    OS
    Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Liked
    79 times
    Another thing to consider is whether or not you are on a limited data plan, and if your data use is high or low. BlackBerrys can use as little as 1/6th the data of an Andriod or iPhone. If data use is not a concern, and entertainment is of a higher priority (which uses more data) then, again, a different device may be a better fit for you.
    ice2921 likes this.

ice2921 is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow ice2921 On Twitter
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Liked
    754 times
    Quote Originally Posted by richrab View Post
    Thanks Ice! You have a great point in respect to durability....at the risk of a jinx, it is a truly tough piece. Battery life is terrible though. With normal use I'm lucky to get 3/4 day use out of it. One thing that started turning me off of BB 10 was the hint of an internal battery. That would be a huge strike against BB.

I really appreciate your input, quite frankly I would have given up on BB a while back, if it weren't for this site and its contributor's. We'll see where the cards fall.
    I am glad that you enjoy this site. Normally the battery life is amazing on a BlackBerry. The 9900 is a great device, but it seems as though I have heard about more issues with it than good things. Sometimes the latest and greatest is not always the best option. I still have a 9800 and I love it the battery life is amazing and it does everything I need it to do. So keep that in mind when looking at your next BlackBerry you can get some of the older models for pretty cheap now. Another thing to keep in mind regarding the battery is to always have a good idea on what programs you install. There are certain apps that take up more juice than others. For me I found that monitoring the battery after every new app install was a good idea that way I know which ones are using the most of my battery.