can't open youtube links in the facebook app
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: can't open youtube links in the facebook app

  1. #1
    panco469 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    PIN
    2807651B
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    10.0.10.85
    Posts
    50
    Liked
    2 times

    can't open youtube links in the facebook app

    I got a 9900 with 7.1.0.402 with facebook 3.0.0.17 and when I click a share link of youtube, it tells me "The item you selected cannot be displayed. Do you wish to save the item?" Any ideas with this error?




  2. #2
    grimreaper's Avatar
    grimreaper is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    T-Dot, ON
    PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Posts
    1,635
    Liked
    497 times
    Quote Originally Posted by panco469 View Post
    I got a 9900 with 7.1.0.402 with facebook 3.0.0.17 and when I click a share link of youtube, it tells me "The item you selected cannot be displayed. Do you wish to save the item?" Any ideas with this error?

    Hello panco469, hope you're enjoying OS7.1.0.402, as I have the same Bold 9900, and OS as you, with the same Facebook version 3.0.0.17, so I went on my BlackBerry's browser, and tried to see if I could understand the issue you were experiencing.

    This is what I did (see screen shots).

    I went to m.youtube.com, searched BlackBerryOS.com, which gave me a few videos to choose from, picked any random BBOS video here as an example, where you can see where my cursor is pointed, click on that little box, now you can share the link, scroll down to Facebook, and share the link via your Facebook account (assuming you're already signed in).

    can't open youtube links in the facebook app-bbos_youtube_12.jpg can't open youtube links in the facebook app-bbos_youtube_11.jpg can't open youtube links in the facebook app-bbos_youtube13.jpg


    I think what you did is tried to open the link, which is why you were getting that message from your BlackBerry Bold 9900.

    Thank you.
    Last edited by grimreaper; 04-27-2012 at 08:23 AM.

  3. #3
    panco469 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    PIN
    2807651B
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    10.0.10.85
    Posts
    50
    Liked
    2 times
    If I go thru the browser, I can open the link. But if I go to that same contact in facebook app and try to open up the link, it gave me that msg

    https://m.facebook.com/amspr?slog=21...pe=65&refid=46

    Here is the page that I'm trying to open but in the browser. That way I got no problem. If you like that page and got to the facebook app and try to open that youtube link, it gave me that error

  4. #4
    grimreaper's Avatar
    grimreaper is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    T-Dot, ON
    PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Posts
    1,635
    Liked
    497 times
    Quote Originally Posted by panco469 View Post
    If I go thru the browser, I can open the link. But if I go to that same contact in facebook app and try to open up the link, it gave me that msg

    https://m.facebook.com/amspr?slog=21...pe=65&refid=46

    Here is the page that I'm trying to open but in the browser. That way I got no problem. If you like that page and got to the facebook app and try to open that youtube link, it gave me that error
    I don't think that is the proper way to open that link, so what you are experiencing is completely normal.

    Just stick to the BlackBerry browser, and you won't have any issues, ok

    Fyi, I did successfully open that link via my BlackBerry Bold 9900's browser with no issues (Predator Performance Inc.)

    Thank you.

  5. #5
    panco469 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    PIN
    2807651B
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    10.0.10.85
    Posts
    50
    Liked
    2 times
    With the browser I have no problem. If I use the facebook app 3.0.0.17 I can't open the first post that is a video in that page

  6. #6
    grimreaper's Avatar
    grimreaper is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    T-Dot, ON
    PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Posts
    1,635
    Liked
    497 times
    Quote Originally Posted by panco469 View Post
    With the browser I have no problem. If I use the facebook app 3.0.0.17 I can't open the first post that is a video in that page
    I clicked on that link (after I Liked) I had no issues, so obviously something is not correct on your end panco469.

  7. #7
    panco469 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    PIN
    2807651B
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    10.0.10.85
    Posts
    50
    Liked
    2 times
    Could you open the first video that appears using the facebook app and not by the browser?

    PREDATOR RACING at 4th Puerto Rico Half Mile (3/24/12)

  8. #8
    grimreaper's Avatar
    grimreaper is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    T-Dot, ON
    PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Posts
    1,635
    Liked
    497 times
    Quote Originally Posted by panco469 View Post
    Could you open the first video that appears using the facebook app and not by the browser?

    PREDATOR RACING at 4th Puerto Rico Half Mile (3/24/12)
    I clicked on that exact same link (after I Liked) and was re-directed to YouTube, and shown the proper webpage with no issues.

    can't open youtube links in the facebook app-predator-racing-4th.jpg

Similar Threads

  1. Blackberry Messenger Links with Facebook using 2D Barcode
    By TheOnlyJrod in forum BlackBerry Apps
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-18-2014, 10:03 PM
  2. NEW : RIM Answers Open Letter with an Open Response
    By AgentBlackBerry in forum BlackBerry News and Rumors
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-01-2011, 05:38 PM
  3. Need .230 Links
    By rl2k05 in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-13-2009, 02:00 PM
  4. Links
    By Kris in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-03-2009, 02:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •