2609BA30
    Device
    Bold 9780
    OS
    v6.0.0.570
    Liked
    0 times

Exclamation Verizon Blackberry 9930 MEID (dex & hex) showes ONLY 0's

I have a Verizon Blackberry 9930 that I ordered online, I live in Barbados. The phone once showed me the "Service Required" promote, but I got ride of it with the ##000000. It worked for about a month then give'd me the promote again, this time the phone Mobile Network would not turn on and i tried doing the ##000000 again, still nothing. Now I realise both the MEID (dex) & (hex) shows a bunch of 0's. I got my uncle that lives in america to call verizon, but they don't want to help cause I didn't buy it directly from them.

Someone plzzzzzzzz tell me what I could do to get my phone back working!!!

grimreaper is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Liked
    497 times
    Quote Originally Posted by brazilianr14 View Post
    I have a Verizon Blackberry 9930 that I ordered online, I live in Barbados. The phone once showed me the "Service Required" promote, but I got ride of it with the ##000000. It worked for about a month then give'd me the promote again, this time the phone Mobile Network would not turn on and i tried doing the ##000000 again, still nothing. Now I realise both the MEID (dex) & (hex) shows a bunch of 0's. I got my uncle that lives in america to call verizon, but they don't want to help cause I didn't buy it directly from them.

Hello brazilianr14 and welcome to

I need to get further information from my team members regarding this issue you're experiencing.

I will post back as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    Joe Jerde likes this.

Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1502 times
    Have you tried to wipe your device and reinstall OS? I've never ran into this problem before.

What does the info say when you go to #000000?

Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

ToraxCefiro is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow ToraxCefiro On Twitter
    Device
    BOLD 9900
    Carrier
    Globe Telecom, Inc.
    Liked
    96 times

I think the device needs to be unlocked properly.. Would you agree with me Sir grimreaper? I've read some articles over the net regarding this issue and what they did was they unlock their device.

Have you tried unlocking it first brazilianr14? If you haven't done that yet the I suggest you do it first and see what will happen.
    ghostryder likes this.
    ToraxCefiro
    Click the LIKE button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center[B] | Rules and Guidelines[B] l

ghostryder is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow ghostryder On Twitter
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Liked
    225 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ToraxCefiro View Post
    I think the device needs to be unlocked properly.. Would you agree with me Sir grimreaper? I've read some articles over the net regarding this issue and what they did was they unlock their device.

Have you tried unlocking it first brazilianr14? If you haven't done that yet the I suggest you do it first and see what will happen.
    There is a free unlocking service that I have used and I recommend. FreeMyBlackBerry.com I received my unlock code with instructions in 45 minutes.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Device
    BOLD 9900
    Carrier
    Globe Telecom, Inc.
    Liked
    96 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostryder View Post
    There is a free unlocking service that I have used and I recommend. FreeMyBlackBerry.com I received my unlock code with instructions in 45 minutes.

There you go brazilianr14, you can try to use the link provided by Sir ghostryder.. Let us know if its not fixing the problem so we can further investigate and research for solutions.
    ToraxCefiro

brazilianr14 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie Follow brazilianr14 On Twitter
    PIN
    2609BA30
    Device
    Bold 9780
    OS
    v6.0.0.570
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the help...well the phone was suppose to be already unlocked. When i go to the "sim card" an type "mepd" the network says "Inactive" and everything else is disable.
    I've wiped the phone a few times, both soft/hard...and also changed OS, to both 7.0 & 7.1...an still nothing.

Device
    BOLD 9900
    Carrier
    Globe Telecom, Inc.
    Liked
    96 times
    Thanks for the help...well the phone was suppose to be already unlocked. When i go to the "sim card" an type "mepd" the network says "Inactive" and everything else is disable.
    I've wiped the phone a few times, both soft/hard...and also changed OS, to both 7.0 & 7.1...an still nothing.
    From what you have said about the error you were getting ("sim card" and then "inactive"), its really no doubt that the issue here is about unlocking your device.. Even if you wipe your device more than once and re-install the OS, nothing will definitely going to happen..

Use this (FreeMyBlackBerry.com) to unlock your phone.. I don't think the issue is not about unlocking it..Because if its not, then you should not be getting the errors on your device like that as those errors are about "unlocking" issue..
    Joe Jerde likes this.
    ToraxCefiro

grimreaper is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Liked
    497 times
    Hello brazilianr14,

From what I see in your last post, it seems your BlackBerry Bold 9780 is already unlocked, these are the proper instructions to either see if your device is already unlocked, or you are preparing to unlock.

1) Go to Options
    2) Go to Device
    3) Go to Advanced System Settings
    4) Go to SIM Card
    5) Type "mepd" (please note that you will not see what you type on the screen). A new menu should drop down. If your phone is locked you will see "Active" or "Enabled" beside "Network".

In your case, you see inactive, and everything else is disabled, then yes, your BlackBerry Bold 9780 is completely unlocked.

Can you please contact your current mobile provider, as this issue seems that the carrier would be more helpful at this moment.

Please reply back as we would like to know what the outcome is to your issue, and will become beneficial for other members in the future.

Thank you,
    Joe Jerde likes this.