Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 12

Thread: Camera shuuter!

  1. #1
    richrab is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    USA
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Messed up
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Posts
    49

    Camera shuuter!

    Does anyone know how to turn off that insipid camera shutter with the 9900. The camera is bad enough, but then you add on the CCCCLLLLLIIIIIICCCCCKKKKK, it drives me nuts. Thanks in advance!




  2. #2
    grimreaper's Avatar
    grimreaper is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    T-Dot, ON
    PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Posts
    1,635
    Quote Originally Posted by richrab View Post
    Does anyone know how to turn off that insipid camera shutter with the 9900. The camera is bad enough, but then you add on the CCCCLLLLLIIIIIICCCCCKKKKK, it drives me nuts. Thanks in advance!
    Hello richrab,

    There are applications developed for the BlackBerry Bold 9900 that mutes the shutter sound, available from BlackBerry App World.

  3. #3
    TwistMyMind's Avatar
    TwistMyMind is offline Editor In Chief Follow TwistMyMind On Twitter Add TwistMyMind on Facebook Add TwistMyMind on Google+ Add TwistMyMind on Linkedin Visit TwistMyMind's Youtube Channel
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Stoney Creek, ON
    Device
    Priv
    OS
    5.1.1
    Carrier
    Telus
    Posts
    2,193
    Two Words: Silent Camera
    Follow me on Twitter



  4. #4
    ToraxCefiro's Avatar
    ToraxCefiro is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow ToraxCefiro On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Manila Philippines
    Device
    BOLD 9900
    Carrier
    Globe Telecom, Inc.
    Posts
    373
    Quote Originally Posted by richrab View Post
    Does anyone know how to turn off that insipid camera shutter with the 9900. The camera is bad enough, but then you add on the CCCCLLLLLIIIIIICCCCCKKKKK, it drives me nuts. Thanks in advance!
    Howdy richrab,

    Sir TwistMyMind and Sir grimreaper are absolutely correct.. I understand how you feel. When I started using BB, that's 1 of the things id like to take away. However, after several researches and readings, I've found out that it can't be muted. Unless, you have the app that can mute the shutter sound available in App World.

    There are few apps to choose from.. 1 good example is the Silent Camera, Sir TwistMyMind just mentioned. Its actually a good buy since you're concerned about the irritating shutter sound..

    Nothing is impossible so who knows, RIM will get rid of it by putting an option in the future devices.. So let's just wait for now or get the App for the meantime

  5. #5
    grimreaper's Avatar
    grimreaper is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    T-Dot, ON
    PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Posts
    1,635
    Quote Originally Posted by ToraxCefiro View Post
    Nothing is impossible so who knows, RIM will get rid of it by putting an option in the future devices.. So let's just wait for now or get the App for the meantime
    I highly doubt RIM will get rid of the camera shutter sound, if I remember correctly, the reason they wouldn't or any mobile phone manufacturer is due to privacy concerns.

  6. #6
    ToraxCefiro's Avatar
    ToraxCefiro is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow ToraxCefiro On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Manila Philippines
    Device
    BOLD 9900
    Carrier
    Globe Telecom, Inc.
    Posts
    373
    Quote Originally Posted by grimreaper View Post
    I highly doubt RIM will get rid of the camera shutter sound, if I remember correctly, the reason they wouldn't or any mobile phone manufacturer is due to privacy concerns.
    Well let's just wait and see.. Considering all the new stuffs happening in the mobile world, this might be changed in the near future. However, if that would break some privacy reasons, then I guess we got no choice but to depend on the App that can get rid of the shutter sound

  7. #7
    grimreaper's Avatar
    grimreaper is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    T-Dot, ON
    PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Posts
    1,635
    Quote Originally Posted by ToraxCefiro View Post
    Well let's just wait and see.. Considering all the new stuffs happening in the mobile world, this might be changed in the near future. However, if that would break some privacy reasons, then I guess we got no choice but to depend on the App that can get rid of the shutter sound
    Installing a third party application is the only way of getting rid of the camera's shutter sound.

    Thank you TwistMyMind for Silent Camera cool application, from a very good developer.

  8. #8
    69goat is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Device
    Bold 9930
    OS
    OSBB Hybrid
    Carrier
    VZW
    Posts
    15
    Yes, very annoying.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Camera Focus Fix..
    By P3Designs in forum Android
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-18-2009, 12:15 AM
  2. camera question
    By fire41 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xx
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-06-2009, 04:18 PM
  3. Help with Camera
    By hex in forum BlackBerry Storm 9530/9500
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-18-2009, 11:31 AM
  4. Is there a camera fix for 5.0.0.191?
    By jaebankz in forum BlackBerry Storm 9530/9500
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-24-2009, 08:19 AM
  5. camera and .191
    By olga in forum BlackBerry Storm 9530/9500
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-08-2009, 01:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •