ToraxCefiro is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow ToraxCefiro On Twitter
    Device
    BOLD 9900
    Carrier
    Globe Telecom, Inc.
    Liked
    96 times

Thumbs up Its more fun to have OS 7.1.0.284 for Bold 9900/9930

To all the BB Bold OS 7 users, I am personally expressing my encouragement for you guys to use the new OS 7.1.0.284 as it is absolutely cool upgrade I just saw the update here and tried it, and TADA! I successfully upgraded my Bold 9900 without any hassle and I must say, the new Official OS is extremely cool and works perfectly fine for me.. A bit bigger file but it is "a must upgraded" OS.. So grab your Device, get your USB Cable and start upgrading.. Download the OS here: http://bit.ly/yOblcz :: Credit to Sir TwistMyMind and to the Admin of BBOS Team ::
    Joe Jerde likes this.

ToraxCefiro
    Click the LIKE button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center[B] | Rules and Guidelines[B] l

elessar is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Z10
    Carrier
    Telus
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ToraxCefiro View Post
    To all the BB Bold OS 7 users, I am personally expressing my encouragement for you guys to use the new OS 7.1.0.284 as it is absolutely cool upgrade I just saw the update here and tried it, and TADA! I successfully upgraded my Bold 9900 without any hassle and I must say, the new Official OS is extremely cool and works perfectly fine for me.. A bit bigger file but it is "a must upgraded" OS.. So grab your Device, get your USB Cable and start upgrading.. Download the OS here: http://bit.ly/yOblcz :: Credit to Sir TwistMyMind and to the Admin of BBOS Team ::

What's the difference over .267? ~ecm

Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1502 times
    Quote Originally Posted by elessar View Post
    What's the difference over .267? ~ecm
    I believe the main difference is added language support. Which is why the file is bigger.

User have reported that Chinese characters and typing are now supported as well.

Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

Device
    Z10
    Carrier
    Telus
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Jerde View Post
    I believe the main difference is added language support. Which is why the file is bigger.

User have reported that Chinese characters and typing are now supported as well.
    Thanks Joe...

My question should have been more clearly stated. I wanted to know how the OP found. 284 to be more fun. More features? Better Gmail functionality (my pet wish)?

~ecm

Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1502 times
    Gotcha, maybe some other team members that have installed the OS will be able to leave some feedback as well.

Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

Device
    BOLD 9900
    Carrier
    Globe Telecom, Inc.
    Liked
    96 times
    Thanks Joe...

My question should have been more clearly stated. I wanted to know how the OP found. 284 to be more fun. More features? Better Gmail functionality (my pet wish)?

~ecm
    There is a big difference between the 2 for me.. When I upgraded my Bold 9900 before to .267 (leaked version), it lagged most of the time.. Not sure why that was happening.. Maybe because its a leaked OS.. Even the camera/video runs very slow that I could'nt take much of pics/vids and I needed to pull the batt out to get it working again.. With the email, its perfect! I have 3 emails running on my phone (My work email, Gmail and Hotmail) and I'm having No issues at all..

There's no added features with the new .284 aside from being multi-language, that's why it has a bigger file.. But all I can say is that it really run smoothly as compared to .267 (for me )

Well try to upgrade it and then tell us your feedback and we'll help you out
    ToraxCefiro
    Click the LIKE button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center[B] | Rules and Guidelines[B] l

Device
    Z10
    Carrier
    Telus
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ToraxCefiro View Post
    There is a big difference between the 2 for me.. When I upgraded my Bold 9900 before to .267 (leaked version), it lagged most of the time.. Not sure why that was happening.. Maybe because its a leaked OS.. Even the camera/video runs very slow that I could'nt take much of pics/vids and I needed to pull the batt out to get it working again.. With the email, its perfect! I have 3 emails running on my phone (My work email, Gmail and Hotmail) and I'm having No issues at all..There's no added features with the new .284 aside from being multi-language, that's why it has a bigger file.. But all I can say is that it really run smoothly as compared to .267 (for me )Well try to upgrade it and then tell us your feedback and we'll help you out
    Thanks for the offer of assistance, however I'm quite comfortable with upgrades - official, leaked & hybrids. My question was primarily about the Gmail side. With all of the 7.1's to-date, I've been disappointed with the Gmail integration.I found the 6.0's superior, in that labels were editable from the device; items archived could easily be found by filtering by the label name in 2 clicks; and sent items were not left in the Inbox. The only plus I've found with the 7.1's is that I'm able to apply labels and archive incoming messages from the Messages folder instead of the separate Gmail folder.~ecm

grimreaper is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Liked
    498 times
    Thanks Joe...

~ecm

Hello elessar, if I may post my opinions regarding upgrading to the Official OS7.1.284 for the BlackBerry Bold 9900.

Previously, I had OS7.1.0.267, and it wasn't too bad, it was a good working leaked build, but it definitely had its issues, such as lag, and freezing, which would happen for a second or two, sometimes a few seconds, and I'm sure a few BlackBerry members can agree with me, lag is the most disliked issue.

When OS7.1.0.284 was released, courtesy of our Blogger TwistMyMind , I downloaded the build from our download section, and installed it, remembering to remove the vendor.xml file, it was a flawless install.

I wiped my Bold 9900, used BBH Tool v.2.4.9.5 to custom install OS7.1.0.284 removing all the additional languages, other applications, Fonts, Games, IM/Social apps, even media files.

This will significantly reduce the overall installation size of 267MB for my Bold 9900 to approx. 140MB OS file.

In turn will be a much more responsive BlackBerry device, and leaves more more internal room for installation files and other applications.

Overall, OS7.1.0.284 has been a pleasure to use, probably the best OS I've ever used on my Bold 9900, and I'm sure if you own a BlackBerry Bold 9900, or BlackBerry Torch 9810, you will be very satisfied upgrading to this latest official build.

Thank you.
    ToraxCefiro likes this.

Device
    Z10
    Carrier
    Telus
    Liked
    8 times
    Thanks grimreaper.

I know that 3 days my be a little premature, but how have you found the battery life vs. .267? I've found .267 very stable, just not quite happy about the battery life and lower-than-I'm used-to radio signal. I previously experienced -53 to -70db (7.0.0.585 if I recall correctly), now getting -77db at best.
    ~ecm

PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Liked
    498 times
    Thanks grimreaper.

I know that 3 days my be a little premature, but how have you found the battery life vs. .267? I've found .267 very stable, just not quite happy about the battery life and lower-than-I'm used-to radio signal. I previously experienced -53 to -70db (7.0.0.585 if I recall correctly), now getting -77db at best.
    ~ecm
    I've only used the official OS7.1.0.284 for my BlackBerry Bold 9900, for a full day and some, with regards to my battery life, I have seen an improvement using the Battery Saving Mode feature (see screenshot below), when users enable it, from Always On to 10%, it can make a difference.

Other BlackBerry users may claim that they don't see a difference using it, but other users always seem to forget to close off applications that they don't use, while opening another application, then forgetting to close that, and so on.

Any device's battery life has several factors, elessar, so it is difficult to measure a true answer, everyday we use our BlackBerry it differs from one day to the next.

You could be doing barely nothing one day, to all out activities.... phone calls, BBM, sending files, music, pictures, email, or using other third party application(s).

On average, I'd say I could get a full day worth from my Bold 9900 (off a full charge), with a good amount of usage, and that is ok with me.

You also mention that you get a certain wireless radio signal between -53 to -70 when you were using OS 7.0.0.585, and you say you're currently getting -77db on OS 7.1.0.284.

If you're not aware, the higher the db radio signal, the better it is

Hope this helps.

Its more fun to have OS 7.1.0.284 for Bold 9900/9930-bb-battery-saving-mode.jpg
    Last edited by grimreaper; 03-18-2012 at 12:59 AM. Reason: update
    ToraxCefiro likes this.

Device
    Z10
    Carrier
    Telus
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by grimreaper View Post
    ...You also mention that you get a certain wireless radio signal between -53 to -70 when you were using OS 7.0.0.585, and you say you're currently getting -77db on OS 7.1.0.284. If you're not aware, the higher the db radio signal, the better it isHope this helps.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BB Battery Saving Mode.jpg 
Views:	343 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	3061
    Re: signal strength... See post #4 at Radio Signal Strength. I've always found this to be accurate.~ecm
    Joe Jerde likes this.

PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Liked
    498 times
    Re: signal strength... See post #4 at Radio Signal Strength. I've always found this to be accurate.~ecm
    It seems that the lower the mobile wireless signal, the better.

Thank you elessar for the share my friend.

The average signal strength most mobile users will see on their BlackBerry devices is -77 db

Device
    Z10
    Carrier
    Telus
    Liked
    8 times
    Just updating to .284. Hope I get my signal strength comes back. (FYI -- The closest Telus/Bell tower is about a mile from my house, on a direct line of sight. Anywhere in the house but in my basement is where I've enjoyed the max. 53db.)

Thanks for all the input, guys. ~ecm

Device
    BOLD 9900
    Carrier
    Globe Telecom, Inc.
    Liked
    96 times
    Just updating to .284. Hope I get my signal strength comes back. (FYI -- The closest Telus/Bell tower is about a mile from my house, on a direct line of sight. Anywhere in the house but in my basement is where I've enjoyed the max. 53db.)

Thanks for all the input, guys. ~ecm
    Not a problem.. You're always welcome!

TwistMyMind is offline Editor In Chief Follow TwistMyMind On Twitter Add TwistMyMind on Facebook Add TwistMyMind on Google+ Add TwistMyMind on Linkedin Visit TwistMyMind's Youtube Channel
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Telus
    Liked
    295 times
    I'm noticing a stable battery life with this OS
    Follow me on Twitter

Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l Resource Center

Device
    BOLD 9900
    Carrier
    Globe Telecom, Inc.
    Liked
    96 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistMyMind View Post
    I'm noticing a stable battery life with this OS
    That's right Sir! For 4 days now and counting, I only get to charge my 9900 once a day.. Still, it depends on how you use the device. We can't deny that some of our fellow BB mates are inclined with Music, Games or even making a Never-ending conversation via Call.

As long as you know how to manage your usage, I'm pretty sure our devices will not give up on us on a daily basis..
    Last edited by ToraxCefiro; 03-19-2012 at 06:37 AM. Reason: update

Device
    BOLD 9900
    Carrier
    Globe Telecom, Inc.
    Liked
    96 times
    Its my 5th day today and I must say, the Battery Life is pretty awesome.. Highly recommended OS! You gotta have to try this..

skyskw is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Bold 9900
    OS
    Carrier
    Singtel
    Liked
    0 times
    hi guys. i'm currently on the 7.0 version. and i cant seems to update to this latest version even after removing the vendor.xml file. the only option they gave me is to install the wireless music sync. any help would be very much appreciated!

Device
    BOLD 9900
    Carrier
    Globe Telecom, Inc.
    Liked
    96 times
    Quote Originally Posted by skyskw View Post
    hi guys. i'm currently on the 7.0 version. and i cant seems to update to this latest version even after removing the vendor.xml file. the only option they gave me is to install the wireless music sync. any help would be very much appreciated!
    Hello skyskw! Welcome to BBOS!

Good thing that you're trying to update your OS to the latest 1. Are you trying to update to .267 or .284?

Either of the 2, after deleting the vendor file, you should be able update with no issue. However if it doesn't work, then I suggest you do the Wipe out first and then re-updating it once more..

Please make sure to back-up all your device data including the third-party (using BBSAK) apps just to make sure..

Hope this helps and let us know the outcome.

PS: check the" how to" wipe-out your device on this site..

skyskw is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Bold 9900
    OS
    Carrier
    Singtel
    Liked
    0 times
    alright thanks alot, TaraxCefiro! will try it out and keep you updated on the outcome

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast