Its more fun to have OS 7.1.0.284 for Bold 9900/9930 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Its more fun to have OS 7.1.0.284 for Bold 9900/9930

jcb
    jcb is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow jcb On Twitter Add jcb on Facebook
    PIN
    2B66CA11
    Device
    Q 10 Blackberry
    OS
    Carrier
    Orange fr
    Liked
    1 times
    cet os 7.1 284 ma posé des soucis pour l'installation , la mise a jour ne voulant pas ce faire , c'est seulement apres la désinstallation de BB desktop que j'ai réussi a faire l'installation direct appLoader en surprimant le fichier Vend , et ensuite réinstallé BBDesktop, je pense que ceci pourra aidé si même genre de problèmes se présente

ToraxCefiro is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow ToraxCefiro On Twitter
    Device
    BOLD 9900
    Carrier
    Globe Telecom, Inc.
    Liked
    96 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jcb View Post
    cet os 7.1 284 ma posé des soucis pour l'installation , la mise a jour ne voulant pas ce faire , c'est seulement apres la désinstallation de BB desktop que j'ai réussi a faire l'installation direct appLoader en surprimant le fichier Vend , et ensuite réinstallé BBDesktop, je pense que ceci pourra aidé si même genre de problèmes se présente
    Apologies if I am unable to understand you quite properly..
    Were you saying that you were able to update your OS by uninstalling and re-installing the BB Desktop Manager?
    ToraxCefiro
    Click the LIKE button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center[B] | Rules and Guidelines[B] l

skyskw is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Bold 9900
    OS
    Carrier
    Singtel
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ToraxCefiro View Post
    Hello skyskw! Welcome to BBOS!

Good thing that you're trying to update your OS to the latest 1. Are you trying to update to .267 or .284?

Either of the 2, after deleting the vendor file, you should be able update with no issue. However if it doesn't work, then I suggest you do the Wipe out first and then re-updating it once more..

Please make sure to back-up all your device data including the third-party (using BBSAK) apps just to make sure..

Hope this helps and let us know the outcome.

PS: check the" how to" wipe-out your device on this site..
    Hi ToraxCefiro!
    I'm finally able to successfully update my bold to the os 7.1.0284! I tried and also googled a lot of time before I was successful. Shall share to the rest on hw I did it. My previous problem lies in not deleting the vendor.xml file. I only deleted one, then I realised that you got to delete another that is located elsewhere. You must find and delete both instances of the vendol.xml file. Only then will you be able to install it. For those who are facing similar problems, search the forums for links to detailed explanation of where the vendoe.xml files are located. Cheers!

Oh ya. Btw, the battery life's good as far. I'm only facing one problem right now. That is I'm unable to check my call logs and history of who called. Are you experiencing similar problems too? Cheers!

Device
    BOLD 9900
    Carrier
    Globe Telecom, Inc.
    Liked
    96 times
    Quote Originally Posted by skyskw View Post
    Hi ToraxCefiro!
    I'm finally able to successfully update my bold to the os 7.1.0284! I tried and also googled a lot of time before I was successful. Shall share to the rest on hw I did it. My previous problem lies in not deleting the vendor.xml file. I only deleted one, then I realised that you got to delete another that is located elsewhere. You must find and delete both instances of the vendol.xml file. Only then will you be able to install it. For those who are facing similar problems, search the forums for links to detailed explanation of where the vendoe.xml files are located. Cheers!

Oh ya. Btw, the battery life's good as far. I'm only facing one problem right now. That is I'm unable to check my call logs and history of who called. Are you experiencing similar problems too? Cheers!
    Wow happy for you about the update!
    In regards to you Call log issue, I didn't experience it after doing th update.. Have you tried power cycling your device? ( Pull the battery out and then place it back for a couple of minutes). Tell us what will happen..

skyskw is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Bold 9900
    OS
    Carrier
    Singtel
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ToraxCefiro View Post
    Wow happy for you about the update!
    In regards to you Call log issue, I didn't experience it after doing th update.. Have you tried power cycling your device? ( Pull the battery out and then place it back for a couple of minutes). Tell us what will happen..
    Alright. I did what u said and bingo! It's back to normal. Thanks a lot for all the help yea?

Device
    BOLD 9900
    Carrier
    Globe Telecom, Inc.
    Liked
    96 times
    Quote Originally Posted by skyskw View Post
    Alright. I did what u said and bingo! It's back to normal. Thanks a lot for all the help yea?
    Not a problem.. Its my pleasure to help
    Don't forget to check all the latest update on the site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12