Thread: Bricked 9900

KayLib is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    OS
    Bricked
    Liked
    0 times

Bricked 9900

A couple of weeks ago, I was getting a new app (ubersocial) via desktop manager and it asked me if I wanted my OS updated to 7.1 if I remember correctly. I clicked yes and everything was going well until the end when it was randomly interrupted & phone screen turned black. I tried turning it on on with no luck so I pulled the batter out...and nothing. The only thing it does is flashes a red light when plugged into my laptop.
    I've tried everything or almost and no luck. I had faith in the application loader wizard, but then once it gets to "communication port selection" nothing happens. I've sat there & waited for 10-15 minutes and nothing. My laptop doesn't even make a sound when my BB is plugged it...but it does when other devices are plugged in so I know my usb ports are functional. I'm using
    Vista 64 bit operating systems on my computer. I can't return my phone to my cellphone service provider because I'm abroad. It's really getting to me because I've spent 500 # CDN on this phone only to have it fail me after 4 months and I hate using a Motorola phone.

lshap is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow lshap On Twitter
    Device
    9900 Bold
    OS
    7.1.0.250 (B648)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile USA
    Liked
    78 times
    Hey Kaylib, Welcome to the community. Sorry to hear your having issues but the good thing is that ony in very few cases and circumstances will a blackberry not be recoverable,

This thread will show how to reload the software. How-To Recover A Nuked Blackberry - with Pictures

I would recommend that you uninstall and reinstall the blackberry software and reboot prior to trying this as your having a communications issue.

hope this helps out. post back if your still having issues.

Lshap

Device
    OS
    Bricked
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you for the warm welcome! I was following that thread, but then stopped at the first paragraph because my phone does not show the
    hourglass display. It a plain black.

Device
    9900 Bold
    OS
    7.1.0.250 (B648)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile USA
    Liked
    78 times
    I know it may sound odd, but do you have a different battery that you can try? or have you made sure the battery is fully charged?

The blackberry will pull power from the usb when running the app loader but during the process it will reboot and the battery needs to take over otherwise the device will fail to reconnect.

Device
    OS
    Bricked
    Liked
    0 times
    I don't have a different battery but when my this happened to my phone (a little over 2 weeks ago) it was fully charged and it has been off since then. I've tried doing it without the battery and still nothing.
    Last edited by KayLib; 02-22-2012 at 02:24 PM.

Device
    9900 Bold
    OS
    7.1.0.250 (B648)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile USA
    Liked
    78 times
    I see. And whats the status on the uninstall, reinstall, reboot?

If its a communication error form the pc to the berry it could be a driver issue. removing and reinstalling would make sure those drivers are up to date.

Device
    OS
    Bricked
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lshap View Post
    I see. And whats the status on the uninstall, reinstall, reboot?
    You mean on my BB? there is no status. Plain black. It does not turn on at all unless when plugged into computer it gives flashing red. I tried the apploader to install a new OS but it won't even detect my phone. I've tried uninstalling & intalling my USB drivers and nothing. Tried plugging my BB to an another computer and nothing.

Device
    OS
    Bricked
    Liked
    0 times
    No solution?

grimreaper is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Liked
    498 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KayLib View Post
    No solution?
    Hello KayLib , grimreaper here.

Give me a few minutes to look over your issue ok.

Be right back.

PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Liked
    498 times
    Assuming you read How-To Recover A Nuked Blackberry - with Pictures I would just wipe it, attempt to reinstall the latest OS for your BlackBerry Bold 9900, which is OS7.1.0.267.

Device
    9900 Bold
    OS
    7.1.0.250 (B648)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile USA
    Liked
    78 times
    sorry for the delay kaylib, it seems that you have tried a lot. Do you happen to have a different computer to try this on?
    what i ment earlier was have you uninstalled the desktop software? rebooted. and reinstalled it?

Lshap
    Joe Jerde likes this.

Device
    OS
    Bricked
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by grimreaper View Post
    Assuming you read How-To Recover A Nuked Blackberry - with Pictures I would just wipe it, attempt to reinstall the latest OS for your BlackBerry Bold 9900, which is OS7.1.0.267.
    I`ve tried that before but I get stuck at the step where I have to wait for my computer to detect my BB. It just does not show up...not even for a millisecond. I just re-installed windows and I am going to try again now but with I got OS 6.0 and desktop manager 6.0 because 7.1 was the version it was updating to when this problem happened. If things don`t go well, I would like to know how to do a wipe.

Device
    OS
    Bricked
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lshap View Post
    sorry for the delay kaylib, it seems that you have tried a lot. Do you happen to have a different computer to try this on?
    what i ment earlier was have you uninstalled the desktop software? rebooted. and reinstalled it?

Lshap
    yes, I have and still no luck! I do have a different computer but I am sure there is nothing wrong with my laptop. It`s brand new & I just re-installed windows on it.

Device
    OS
    Bricked
    Liked
    0 times
    Still no luck. My computers don`t even make ding sound when I connect my BB.

Device
    9900 Bold
    OS
    7.1.0.250 (B648)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile USA
    Liked
    78 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KayLib View Post
    My computers don`t even make ding sound when I connect my BB.
    Well with that being said. we seem to be running out of thinks to try. Its starting to look as this may be a hardware issue with your blackberry.

you have tried all the diff ways I know of to run the loader and still no luck.

I asked before if you had tried a different USB cord. i know it sounds odd but its the last thing I can think of. If you have already then i would see about how you can get a replacement.

Best of luck to you.
    Lshap

Abhishek Shenoy is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Liked
    0 times
    even my blackberry has bricked and i aint able to do any single thing i followed all the above steps but i have a major problem is that i have a password on my cell and because of that im getting late to catch the apploader.can u please help me with the issue ty

Abhishek Shenoy is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Liked
    0 times
    why isnt an1 replying to my problem

PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Liked
    498 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Abhishek Shenoy View Post
    even my blackberry has bricked and i aint able to do any single thing i followed all the above steps but i have a major problem is that i have a password on my cell and because of that im getting late to catch the apploader.can u please help me with the issue ty
    Quote Originally Posted by Abhishek Shenoy View Post
    why isnt an1 replying to my problem

Hello Abhishek Shenoy, and welcome to

Have you attempted How-To Recover A Nuked Blackberry - with Pictures with any success?

We apologize if you weren't answered right away, I am here now, and to help you.

Assuming you own a BlackBerry Bold 9900, what are you experiencing on your device?

Also, if I may suggest, can you please fill in your profile as much as possible so we are able to assist you as accurately as possible, or this may take longer than you like.

In addition, you may want to enter your password before connecting the device to the AppLoader software.

Thank you.

Cobus Van Staden is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Liked
    0 times
    I had the same problem with my 9900.
    The following worked for me. Do a battery pull. Then with the battery still out, connect the usb cable to the phone and then to the pc. The red light should come on. Put the battery back with the phone still connected to the pc. The battery charge icon should appear and the phone will reboot itself.

Hopefully it will work for you, i'm just happy it worked for my phone.

Cheers

wwwatch is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Bold 9900
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobus Van Staden View Post
    I had the same problem with my 9900.
    The following worked for me. Do a battery pull. Then with the battery still out, connect the usb cable to the phone and then to the pc. The red light should come on. Put the battery back with the phone still connected to the pc. The battery charge icon should appear and the phone will reboot itself.

Hopefully it will work for you, i'm just happy it worked for my phone.

Cheers
    I am having very similar issue as the OP. I have tried everything stated here and none works. I wasn't doing anything to the Bold 9900 before the issue. The phone was stuck and I pulled the battery. Either the initialization stage gets to 70% of the way and it gets stuck there or it will re-start the initialization stage over on its own and when it gets to about 70% of the way it will be stuck.

The Laptop doesn't recognize the phone is plugged in. I just want to wipe the phone using BBSAK or whatever applications out there that would wipe the phone. But the issue is that the phone isn't being recognized that it is plugged in.

Please help.