Bold 9900 and BBM Upgrade issue ?

Thread: Bold 9900 and BBM Upgrade issue ?

viperpiper is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Liked
    1 times

Bold 9900 and BBM Upgrade issue ?

Since I've had my new bold everytime there's a new BBM release, during the download I have to keep hitting YES for module installs in order to allow the new BBM to download. I never had this issue with my Torch. Is there something I have to change in the setup in the phone. It's kind of annoying that everytime I upgrade bbm I have to sit at my phone and hit YES about 50 times to accept every bbm module.

any help appreciated.

lshap is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow lshap On Twitter
    Device
    9900 Bold
    OS
    7.1.0.250 (B648)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile USA
    Liked
    78 times
    Morning Biper, do you have an "do not ask again" option? also are you installing a JAD, or cod file over the desktop or you doing it OTA?

Also check your device settings.
    Options>Device>Application Management> Hit menu and then "edit default permissions"

Quote Originally Posted by viperpiper View Post
    Since I've had my new bold everytime there's a new BBM release, during the download I have to keep hitting YES for module installs in order to allow the new BBM to download. I never had this issue with my Torch. Is there something I have to change in the setup in the phone. It's kind of annoying that everytime I upgrade bbm I have to sit at my phone and hit YES about 50 times to accept every bbm module.

any help appreciated.
    Last edited by lshap; 01-10-2012 at 09:37 AM.

Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lshap View Post
    Morning Biper, do you have an "do not ask again" option? also are you installing a JAD, or cod file over the desktop or you doing it OTA?

Also check your device settings.
    Options>Device>Application Management> Hit menu and then "edit default permissions"

This is BBM upgrades that you get right from RIM in appworld. So I install them OTA. I know what you mean by the "do not ask again" box but this doesn't appear when I'm BBM modules are being installed. This is happening while the green bar is going across when BBM is being installed, everytime there's a module of bbm to be installed it's asking me to allow it, so I have to keep hitting YES for it to complete.

lshap is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow lshap On Twitter
    Device
    9900 Bold
    OS
    7.1.0.250 (B648)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile USA
    Liked
    78 times
    Ok i see, and what about the edit permissions. did you check that?

This is BBM upgrades that you get right from RIM in appworld. So I install them OTA. I know what you mean by the "do not ask again" box but this doesn't appear when I'm BBM modules are being installed. This is happening while the green bar is going across when BBM is being installed, everytime there's a module of bbm to be installed it's asking me to allow it, so I have to keep hitting YES for it to complete.

AgentBlackBerry is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow AgentBlackBerry On Twitter Add AgentBlackBerry on Facebook Add AgentBlackBerry on Google+
    PIN
    2ADD0724
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Liked
    478 times
    I had the same thing happen to me actually... Did you have the beta 6.1 installed before? For some reason it seems for some, certain version of BBM that was previously installed required this one to literally overwrite every cod module which is weird. I've seen a couple of ppl on twitter complaining about the issue as well.
    Joe Jerde and TwistMyMind like this.
    Click the Like link in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Resource Center ~ Rules and Guidelines ~ Download Center

Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentBlackBerry View Post
    I had the same thing happen to me actually... Did you have the beta 6.1 installed before? For some reason it seems for some, certain version of BBM that was previously installed required this one to literally overwrite every cod module which is weird. I've seen a couple of ppl on twitter complaining about the issue as well.
    To be honest, I'm not sure If I've had the beta or not. I've had the phone for about 2 weeks now and had two bbm upgrades through appworld. Both asked me to say OKAY to every single module that was being installed. It must have been 20 plus modules that were being installed, kind of annoying.

I don't think it has anything to do with application permissions like third party apps. So from what you are saying other people are having this issue, but so far no solution so that it hopefully doesn't happen again the next time a BBM push upgrade is sent out by RIM.

grimreaper is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Liked
    493 times
    To be honest, I'm not sure If I've had the beta or not. I've had the phone for about 2 weeks now and had two bbm upgrades through appworld. Both asked me to say OKAY to every single module that was being installed. It must have been 20 plus modules that were being installed, kind of annoying.

I don't think it has anything to do with application permissions like third party apps. So from what you are saying other people are having this issue, but so far no solution so that it hopefully doesn't happen again the next time a BBM push upgrade is sent out by RIM.
    Welcome to BBOS viperpiper

There is a very simple solution.

If your currently running a beta version of BBM, or if you think you may have installed a beta version of BBM, please read The Proper Way To Uninstall An Application

If you have an older official version of BBM, you can upgrade via BlackBerry App World through your BlackBerry device with no issues.

Anytime a notification is pushed to your BlackBerry device, try upgrading it, if it fails, or try pressing (while in BlackBerry App World) Alt+R+S+T, or last recourse, uninstall the app in question, reboot the device, and attempt to install update again.

Thank you.