Bb 9900 os 7.1

Thread: Bb 9900 os 7.1

daviddragon is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow daviddragon On Twitter Add daviddragon on Facebook
    PIN
    28ADD81E
    Device
    9900 / PB
    OS
    Carrier
    Claro Puerto Rico
    Liked
    10 times

Bb 9900 os 7.1

In a lot of forums I being hearding about a lot of complaints with this OS, the clasical complaint is about 507 error. I install this os in about a dozen of this devices and they are all working great. What I encounter is that the problem is not comming from the OS itself it comes from computers with windows 7 that as a factory settings came with a power saver that put to sleep their root usb ports that are not in use, and when you are downloadind the OS 7.1 and they disconet from the usb port during rebotting they did not have the abilitty to recognize your device again falling into 507 error. The fix is going to control panel> device manager > USB ports> root ports> open advance tab, and uncheck both items mention there. I hope this will be of use for all the ones that wish to experience the advantages of OS 7.1 in their devices.
    lee6688 and heizzel like this.

grimreaper is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Liked
    497 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daviddragon View Post
    In a lot of forums I being hearding about a lot of complaints with this OS, the clasical complaint is about 507 error. I install this os in about a dozen of this devices and they are all working great. What I encounter is that the problem is not comming from the OS itself it comes from computers with windows 7 that as a factory settings came with a power saver that put to sleep their root usb ports that are not in use, and when you are downloadind the OS 7.1 and they disconet from the usb port during rebotting they did not have the abilitty to recognize your device again falling into 507 error. The fix is going to control panel> device manager > USB ports> root ports> open advance tab, and uncheck both items mention there. I hope this will be of use for all the ones that wish to experience the advantages of OS 7.1 in their devices.
    You do know that there is more than 1 USB port in Device Manager.

Each USB port is controlled by a Universal Host Controller in Windows XP, Vista, or 7 x32-bit/x64-bit

Go to the USB Root Hub Properties>Power Management
    Unclick
    Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power

Do this for each USB Root Hub to be on the safe side, unless of course, you know exactly which USB port is being connected to your BlackBerry device.

Enjoy
    Joe Jerde and key3 like this.

ababa is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    1547D12
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    thanks for the info will try now on my friend 9900

sergiojbv is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie Follow sergiojbv On Twitter
    PIN