Thread: unlocking instructions

Jmdc is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Bb9900
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

unlocking instructions

Hi ahmedtiko. Can you help me with the unlock code of my new BB9900? I bought it from etisalat and i need to go home for annual leave. Hence, i need to unlock my new phone.

ghostryder is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow ghostryder On Twitter
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Liked
    226 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmdc View Post
    Hi ahmedtiko. Can you help me with the unlock code of my new BB9900? I bought it from etisalat and i need to go home for annual leave. Hence, i need to unlock my new phone.
    ***If after following the instructions below you get an error code, STOP!!! You only get a certain number of tries before your BlackBerry will lock itself to your carrier and you cannot unlock it. Double check the unlock code you obtained against what you are entering into your device, and take your time!!!! If the first attempt does not work, get back to us and tell us what happened.

• Ensure a SIM Card is inserted
    • Go to ‘Manage Connections’
    • Click on ‘Turn All Connections Off’
    • Go to ‘Options’
    • Click on ‘Device’
    • Click on ‘Advanced System Settings’
    • Click on ‘SIM Card’
    • Type ‘MEPD’ (NOTE: you might need to type in caps, also letters will not appear on-screen but you will be presented with personalization screen, that will display 5 locks such as network, service provider etc)
    • Type ‘MEP2′ or hold ALT and type MEPE (NOTE: user will be prompted to enter MEP code)
    • Enter the MEP2 code (CONFIRM you get “Code Accepted” message)
    • Reboot device
    • Go to ‘Manage Connections’
    • Click on ‘Restore Connections’
    • Device is now unlocked
    lshap likes this.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Blackberry Unlocking is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    Blackberry
    Liked
    13 times
    On some of the new models you need to hold the ALT while typing MEP2 to get the pop up screen to enter the unlock code.
    Older models you need to type MEP[alt]2
    Joe Jerde and TwistMyMind like this.
    Blackberry unlocking
    Unlock Blackberry online

oceanghost is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    Device
    bold 9900
    OS
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Liked
    12 times
    A simple way is to insert a different provider sim card in the phone, a screen will appear asking you if you wish to unlock, click yes and a box will appear for the code................oceanghost
    Joe Jerde likes this.

Vodafone user is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Liked
    1 times
    take it to any shop and pay 50 AEd to unlock it .. simple bro

or if you bought it payg .. they must give you the unlock code ...

nsabeen 3yal altheen .. wadah lm7l phonat wa aft7 abooh

shri34 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Liked
    2 times
    Here is the unlocking instruction for your Blackberry 9900
    Warning: Do not enter any wrong unlock unlock codes on your Blackberry 9900 mobile phones. If you enter over a certain amount of wrong unlock codes on your mobile phone, your phone may get hard locked and sometimes become unusable.

1 - Switch ON your Blackberry 9900 with your current network/service provider's SIM card.
    2 - Using the menu go to Settings Menu -> SIM card and press select.
    3 - While holding the SHIFT key, type mepd.(NOTE: You may not see any text appear on the screen while typing mepd)
    4 - You should now see the five locking categories listed.
    5 - While holding the SHIFT KEY, type mep2.(NOTE: You may not see any text appear on the screen while typing mep2).
    6 - Release the shift key.
    7 - You will now be prompted to enter the Network MEP code. (it will also state how many attempts left)
    8 - Enter the Unlock Code.
    9 - Enter Return/Enter.
    10 - The Blackberry 9900 should then be unlocked.

Each Blackberry 9900 mobile phone has an unique unlock code.

sircaesar is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    2245E163
    Device
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    OS
    OS 5
    Liked
    0 times

Having problems with mms, internet browser and BBM

Hey guys, i just purchased an unlocked Bold 9930(Vzn) trying to make it work on the Tmobile Network
    able to make calls, and sms is fine.. however mms, web access and bbm not working.. here is what i have done thus far.. i tried resending the service books via tmobiles website. and from within the device by doing a manual register.. i change my apn setting to epc.tmobile.com as i have seen from other websites.. I am still unable to get it to work. can anyone help out.. otherwise, i am willing to do an even trade with someone who may have Vzn or Sprint, new Bold 9930 for a 9900. for those posting unlocking instructions, make sure you tell everyone how to unlock the MMS, Internet browser and BBM, the unlock codes only unlock the basic calling features and sms on the blackberry especially from cdma to gsm..
    Last edited by sircaesar; 01-06-2012 at 11:40 AM.

grimreaper is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Liked
    498 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sircaesar View Post
    Hey guys, i just purchased an unlocked Bold 9930(Vzn) trying to make it work on the Tmobile Network
    able to make calls, and sms is fine.. however mms, web access and bbm not working.. here is what i have done thus far.. i tried resending the service books via tmobiles website. and from within the device by doing a manual register.. i change my apn setting to epc.tmobile.com as i have seen from other websites.. I am still unable to get it to work. can anyone help out.. otherwise, i am willing to do an even trade with someone who may have Vzn or Sprint, new Bold 9930 for a 9900. for those posting unlocking instructions, make sure you tell everyone how to unlock the MMS, Internet browser and BBM, the unlock codes only unlock the basic calling features and sms on the blackberry especially from cdma to gsm..
    Can I kindly suggest you contact you service provider?

I'm sure they may be able to help you out with your issue....as I feel that would be your only logical solution at this current moment.

sircaesar is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    2245E163
    Device
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    OS
    OS 5
    Liked
    0 times

Has anyone unlocked the mms, web browser and bbm for bb bold 9930 to work on Tmobile network ?

Hey Grimreaper, i spoke with tmobile 3 different times last night, all the reps, walked me through the normal procedures, updating the network , so for and so on.. on was suppose to transfer us to rim/blackberry support, the other rep, we went thru the settings, he was supposed to call me back after waiting for an hour for the phone to supposedly get the updates and start working.. so i am back asking the same question is their anyone on the forum that has succesfully unlocked the blackberry bold 9930 not just the voice and sms features, but you have unlocked the web browser, mms and bbm so that they too are fully functional? the unlock codes above will only get you as far as unlocking the basic features.. please be aware

grimreaper is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Liked
    498 times
    I have carefully thought out a solution for you, and I think this could be the answer for your issues.

I don't know what OS you are currently running for your BlackBerry Bold 9930, but if it is any less than OS 7.0, I have an official link for your device that upgrades it to 7.1.0.163

Official: OS 7.1.0.163 for BlackBerry Bold 9930 From Sprint

Download Sprint_9930_7.1.0.163

All In One Guide - How To Upgrade Your Device - with Pictures & Videos

How To search for & delete your vendor.xml file.

Note: I would also update your profile details (your profile states you currently own a BlackBerry Bold 9700), so other members of BBOS can help you further in case any additional issues arises in the future.

Thank you.
    Last edited by grimreaper; 01-07-2012 at 06:47 PM. Reason: update info
    Joe Jerde and TwistMyMind like this.

karep is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Liked
    0 times
    mmm nice post