*9900*PB*
    OS
    A7.1.0.523-Official
    Carrier
    Globe telecom
    Liked
    19 times

Battery Drain So Fast

turn off 3g , gps . facebook ,all social feeds ,display settings brightness 10 the hole day just one call for 15 min talk time drop into 65 percent already when i woke up my 9900 is cold as dead ....have to charge again it never happends in my 9780 what a useless phone so expensive but only for looking and fasion not for using....os 7.0.0.353 latest...update...
    Joe Jerde and randyhartono like this.

Joe Jerde is offline Owner | Editor-In-Chief Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1491 times
    Quote Originally Posted by herbert yu View Post
    turn off 3g , gps . facebook ,all social feeds ,display settings brightness 10 the hole day just one call for 15 min talk time drop into 65 percent already when i woke up my 9900 is cold as dead ....have to charge again it never happends in my 9780 what a useless phone so expensive but only for looking and fasion not for using....os 7.0.0.353 latest...update...
    Could be the OS you are using. Even though it's the latest OS does not mean it's good. I have Verizon's latest official OS and my battery life is great on my 9930. Try going back a OS build.
    randyhartono likes this.

Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

herbert yu is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    28570E8F
    Device
    *9900*PB*
    OS
    A7.1.0.523-Official
    Carrier
    Globe telecom
    Liked
    19 times
    thank's i had a few colleage who's using 9930 and 9900 who had the same problem the battery drain so fast i think it's the proccesor 1.2ghz so powerfull fast as it eat up the power anyway I stick on my old phone maybe next time when blackberry launch up a new model
    they shoud think about there battery power ......

Joe Jerde is offline Owner | Editor-In-Chief Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1491 times
    thank's i had a few colleage who's using 9930 and 9900 who had the same problem the battery drain so fast i think it's the proccesor 1.2ghz so powerfull fast as it eat up the power anyway I stick on my old phone maybe next time when blackberry launch up a new model
    they shoud think about there battery power ......
    The processor shouldn't be the issue here as I'm getting hours of talk time on one charge a day. Bounce back to OS .254 and let us know if that helps. Another thing it could be is your signal in the area. If you don't have a strong steady signal it can put your phone's radio antenna into overdrive in trying to pick up the signal.

herbert yu is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    28570E8F
    Device
    *9900*PB*
    OS
    A7.1.0.523-Official
    Carrier
    Globe telecom
    Liked
    19 times
    i have a full steady signal and it never drops thank's for the tips but i give up with my 9900

bigmig69 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Carrier
    Bell, Fido
    Liked
    4 times
    I had that issue, which started after I inserted an "unallowed" SIM card. It did something to wikitude app. If you have that app, try uninstalling it, then re-install it. I know it sounds too easy, but that fized my phone.
    If you don't have wikitude try the same solution with BBM conected apps.

Xamanus is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    2 times
    Ten Tips & Tricks to Maximize Your BlackBerry's Battery Life
    1.Use Wifi when available - Turn Off Wifi when not in use

2. Dim the Backlight

3.Change Your Backlight Timeout

4. Turn Off Bluetooth When Not In Use

5. Change Network Settings In Poor Coverage

6. Use the Auto On/Off feature or Bedside Mode

7. Lock Your Device and/or use a BlackBerry Case w/ sleeper magnet

8. Exit Unused Apps

9. Change App Refresh Settings

10. Charge Your Device (and buy a spare battery!)
    Joe Jerde and Neolantis like this.

Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1491 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Xamanus View Post
    Ten Tips & Tricks to Maximize Your BlackBerry's Battery Life
    1.Use Wifi when available - Turn Off Wifi when not in use

2. Dim the Backlight

3.Change Your Backlight Timeout

4. Turn Off Bluetooth When Not In Use

5. Change Network Settings In Poor Coverage

6. Use the Auto On/Off feature or Bedside Mode

7. Lock Your Device and/or use a BlackBerry Case w/ sleeper magnet

8. Exit Unused Apps

9. Change App Refresh Settings

10. Charge Your Device (and buy a spare battery!)
    Great tips! Thanks for sharing.

Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1491 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmig69 View Post
    I had that issue, which started after I inserted an "unallowed" SIM card. It did something to wikitude app. If you have that app, try uninstalling it, then re-install it. I know it sounds too easy, but that fized my phone.
    If you don't have wikitude try the same solution with BBM conected apps.
    Thanks for the advice. How did you figure that one out!?

tws992004 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Bold 9900
    OS
    7.1.0.284_P5.1.0.230
    Liked
    7 times
    hi friends,
    i am wondering..

can i use update official/leaked OS9930 on OS9900... ? both runs OS 7, don't they?

Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1491 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tws992004 View Post
    hi friends,
    i am wondering..

can i use update official/leaked OS9930 on OS9900... ? both runs OS 7, don't they?
    No you cannot. This is because the 9930 is CDMA and the 9900 is GSM so there are different files for each device in the OS.

tws992004 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Bold 9900
    OS
    7.1.0.284_P5.1.0.230
    Liked
    7 times
    dear Joe,

thank you for your kind info.

Btw, i managed to download OS7 .353 from the SK Telcom and have been using it for some time.
    the batt drain seems to be minimal now...
    all others work fine.

but, I did notice that i cannot use BB Protect with OS7.
    It says "This Apps is unavailable for your device" in the APP world.
    hmm.. it's a pity 'cause it is a good App for other OS ( I used it for my old BB9700)

all the best..

Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1491 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tws992004 View Post
    dear Joe,

thank you for your kind info.

Btw, i managed to download OS7 .353 from the SK Telcom and have been using it for some time.
    the batt drain seems to be minimal now...
    all others work fine.

but, I did notice that i cannot use BB Protect with OS7.
    It says "This Apps is unavailable for your device" in the APP world.
    hmm.. it's a pity 'cause it is a good App for other OS ( I used it for my old BB9700)

all the best..
    You're welcome.

Have you tried to clear your App World cache by holding down CTRL and pressing R,S,T?

Maybe this will help with your issue of not being able to use BB Protect.

Or, depending on where you live, there may be some restrictions for now.

riza1302 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    This I dont agree.
    This is brand new expensive phone, how come i must do those things to gain more battery life ?

1.Use Wifi when available - Turn Off Wifi when not in use (so i have to re-check wether i already turn my wifi off any time ?)

2. Dim the Backlight (how if i like bright backlight ? to see a good photos / applications)

3.Change Your Backlight Timeout ( i bothered if i reading emails and the backlight timed out)

4. Turn Off Bluetooth When Not In Use (another thing that i have to check everytime)

5. Change Network Settings In Poor Coverage (another thing i have to change when i get bad signals)

6. Use the Auto On/Off feature or Bedside Mode (oh yes that too i have to set, and miss important call during midnight from families or offices for urgent matters ?

7. Lock Your Device and/or use a BlackBerry Case w/ sleeper magnet (will do)

8. Exit Unused Apps (yes this one i always forgot)

9. Change App Refresh Settings (and miss recent facebook/twitter update?)

10. Charge Your Device (and buy a spare battery!) ( another bucks, and double charging battery, (once the other battery is full, then I have to charge the spare battery, means i have to pull up battery, and re-start that 10minnutes boot), at least once in a few days

• But this is a brand new phone, I just cannot believe this new phone get me extra things to do and lost some features just to get "normal" battery life !

herbert yu likes this.

Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1491 times
    hello riza,

The list you rattled off are usually problems in themselves. I had a 9650 as my last device and got by the entire day on one charge running many apps as well as a few hours of talk time.

bimo2700mf is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Liked
    0 times

how to correctly setup your bb9900 to save battery & improve performance

Hi There,

today i want to share a tutorial about how to upgrade & shrink blackberry 9900 os, as we know Dakota (bb9900) on their default setting has very high battery drain, but with a little tuning & correct setting all the problem above can be avoided and you don't event have to buy a spare battery. I had doing little research in many dakota operating system versions & found that os version 7.0.0.353 has the best battery life & memory management so far, until now i’ve applied the method above to all of my customers who bought blackberry 9900 from my shop, and they seemed very happy with the result, the combination is Blackberry Dakota + OS 7.0.0.353 + shrink os BB Boss v2.2 + set 2G network

and if you want to try up my method, below i’ve described the step by step tutorial

Preparation :

before we continue please prepare & download all the files & applications below

1. BBSAK
    2. BB Boss v 2.2
    3. Blackberry 9900 os 7.0.0.353
    4. Newest Desktop Manager
    5. Screen Shot of my settings on bb9900

Step by step instructions

1. Install Blackberry Desktop Manager for Windows, and if don't have the latest version please upgrade your desktop manager before we continue to the next steps
    2. Install Blackberry OS 7.0.0.353 & delete vendor xml (should be on directory c:/program files/common files/research in motion/loader)
    3. Install BBSAK & BB Boss v 2.2 (if you like you can donate (USD 2) to their site for future improvement of the application)
    4. Click BB Boss icon on your desktop pc and on the middle top, theres drop down box, click there & choose OS 7.0.0.353 for 9900 after that open my screen shot for the list apps to be removed (point no 5 on Preparation Steps), and please do remember to ALWAYS delete Social Feeds because that application is consumes high battery that can have effect on serious battery drain
    5. On the lower right corner click "modify os on disk"
    6. Backup all your data using usb cable & using blackberry desktop manager, make sure choose “backup all data or full backup”
    7. if your blackberry has password, please deactivate it before we continue to the next steps, open BBSAK & after your device connected click wipe
    8. after blackberry has been wipe completely (you’ll see white background with “error jvm” on the blackberry screen) open AppLoader (c:/program files/common files/research in motion/loader (search for cellphone icon described as “loader”)
    9. click app loader and follow the on screen command, basically you just need to hit “next” few times until you see application selection (please install only standard application, do not install language or any other unimportant apps and click next
    10. if you do all the steps correctly, you’ll notice the blackberry will be reboot, after booting completely, please repeat the booting step 2 - 3x times by pulling the battery out, until the booting process faster than before
    11. final process is restoring your data using desktop manager, make sure you have 3G with more than 50% signal and if you have high speed wifi internet connection i suggest you to turn on wifi & connect Blackberry to your hotspot, this to ensure the restoration data for your BBM contacts, groups etc will be perfectly restored & speed up the restoration process, during the process DO NOT use your blackberry for about 2 hours (or you will get errors & your data wouldn't completely restored)
    12. final touch set your network setting to 2G only, set brighnest to 10 & turn gps off
    13. good luck and have a great day with your new blackberry =)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Drain So Fast-bb-bos-settings-bb9900-1.jpg  
    Last edited by bimo2700mf; 10-01-2011 at 10:43 PM.