Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

have been using the 9900 for a couple of weeks. Got it almost as soon as it released. Typing is a joy. I had got used to my 9700 but once i used 9900, my fingers just flew and they loved the softer touch.
    Touchscreen is a boon, though it takes time to shift from using the trackpad to using the screen. In some cases the trackpad is actually faster. Its also a pleasure to browse - brilliant colors. and i guess the small screen helps to conserve battery - which is the one big grouse I have. The battery gets drained really fast as I use it - especially on 3g usage.
    Processor speed and memory really shows. I can happily install many apps without bothering about eating up memory.
    However today I just ran into a JVM 517 error and I am just not able to get it out. Am looking at installing some other vendor os. Let me see if i can get it back else it is just bricked. As i browsed the net, i found that 517 usually is a hardware error and no point in reinstalling the os. I guess the launch was a little premature. Maybe its a good idea to wait for RIM to iron out the kinks.

Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Try this first:

1. If not already installed, download BlackBerry Device Software from here, http://www.blackberryos.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=94 and BlackBerry Desktop Manager from here for the MAC, http://us.blackberry.com/apps-softwa...esktop_mac.jsp or for the PC here, http://us.blackberry.com/apps-softwa...desktop_pc.jsp.

2. Install BlackBerry Desktop Manager and then install the BlackBerry Device Software.

3. Use Application Loader to reload the software on the BlackBerry device.

If that doesn't work, you may have to take it into your carrier for repair, per the following.

KB19442-Hardware related JVM error codes gives details on what the error code is and how to handle it.
    Last edited by ghostryder; 09-06-2011 at 11:49 PM.

Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by dkashikar View Post
    have been using the 9900 for a couple of weeks. Got it almost as soon as it released. Typing is a joy. I had got used to my 9700 but once i used 9900, my fingers just flew and they loved the softer touch.
    Touchscreen is a boon, though it takes time to shift from using the trackpad to using the screen. In some cases the trackpad is actually faster. Its also a pleasure to browse - brilliant colors. and i guess the small screen helps to conserve battery - which is the one big grouse I have. The battery gets drained really fast as I use it - especially on 3g usage.
    Processor speed and memory really shows. I can happily install many apps without bothering about eating up memory.
    However today I just ran into a JVM 517 error and I am just not able to get it out. Am looking at installing some other vendor os. Let me see if i can get it back else it is just bricked. As i browsed the net, i found that 517 usually is a hardware error and no point in reinstalling the os. I guess the launch was a little premature. Maybe its a good idea to wait for RIM to iron out the kinks.
    I've heard of WiFi related hardware issues, but nothing with a 517 error yet.

Device
    Blackberry
    Quote Originally Posted by biggsd View Post
    (Stands-by for flaming...)
    Had a look at one in the Carphone Warehouse and compared it to my 9700. Although thinner, its got wider and IMO less comfortable to hold. Also the screen size doesn't seem to have benefitted from the increased footprint of the unit, nor are the keys any easier to hit so the extra size doesn't seem to have that many upsides on first acquaintance.

I only hope the 99xx series isn't my only route to v7 'cos I'll be a bit stuck as to my next upgrade when the time comes.

Does anyone else feel the same or am I just being picky?
    Well, i really like the bold 9900, but some people are missing their 9780... maybe it's worth to wait a while for the 9790 Blackberry.

Device
    Bold 9900
    OS
    7.1.0.284_P5.1.0.230
    hi Friends,
    i have been using 9900 for some days now.
    love the extra wide space for keyboard, although still learn to get used to touch/keyboard combination.

one thing bothers me tough... the battery drains very fast... from full to yellow is only about 5 hours!!
    my old 9700 lasts more than a day,

I am using 7.0.0.250 originally from the shop. now downloading .353 ..
    hopefully this solves the problem...

i will post the update after installing the new os...

Yes it worked

Yes it works... I did it the same day I posted... Works like a charm now... Except for battery life. Don't why they put a smaller battery with a touchscreen. And since the back cover has the NFC chip, I guess putting in a bigger battery and changing the cover won't work either...
    But all said and done, I still love the handset. Just too good.
    Regards kashi

[QUOTE=ghostryder12;230967]Try this first:

Device
    Bold 9900
    OS
    At first glance, I preferred 9360 or 9700 as the feeling was not good about keyboard size...but 9900 looked so attractive with solid design, strong processor and colorful O.S...Now I love the touchscreen and physical keyboard ..it increases my sensitiveness as well as efficient...
    I'm testing new O.S in hope that the drained battery problem is solved...
    If you consider to this phone, you should give time for RIM to fix its...I guess the price could go down in time too )

Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Thanks for the feedback KaleI0203. Be sure to let us know how it works after you update.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123