Problems with Bold 9900

Thread: Problems with Bold 9900

clay14 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Liked
    0 times

Problems with Bold 9900

Is anyone experiencing problems with connection to the Rogers network after making a call and then proceeding to make another call. I have been experiencing that since day one. I have to go off the mobile network in the MANAGE CONNECTIONS section and then check it back on in order for it to work. I have never had this problem with any of the 10 other bb devices that I have had in the past.

Also, the internet surfing I find to be very problematic with the touch screen. I scroll and then all of a sudden a link gets selected.

Maybe its just me or is anyone else experiencing similar problems ???

Youssef is offline Forum Moderator Follow Youssef On Twitter Add Youssef on Facebook Add Youssef on Google+ Add Youssef on Linkedin
    Device
    Z10-1
    OS
    Carrier
    Etisalat
    Liked
    97 times
    Quote Originally Posted by clay14 View Post
    Is anyone experiencing problems with connection to the Rogers network after making a call and then proceeding to make another call. I have been experiencing that since day one. I have to go off the mobile network in the MANAGE CONNECTIONS section and then check it back on in order for it to work. I have never had this problem with any of the 10 other bb devices that I have had in the past.

Also, the internet surfing I find to be very problematic with the touch screen. I scroll and then all of a sudden a link gets selected.

Maybe the problem is with the OS or you've tried upgrading or re-installing it?

clay14 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganayni94 View Post
    Maybe the problem is with the OS or you've tried upgrading or re-installing it?
    I went to the Rogers dealer and he gave me a new SIM Card. I have no experienced a problem yet but its only been a few hours.

I am hopeful we will see a bunch of the old apps (the hockey news, etc) become OS7 friendly soon and that the browser gets an upgrade in the next os release.

Youssef is offline Forum Moderator Follow Youssef On Twitter Add Youssef on Facebook Add Youssef on Google+ Add Youssef on Linkedin
    Device
    Z10-1
    OS
    Carrier
    Etisalat
    Liked
    97 times
    I went to the Rogers dealer and he gave me a new SIM Card. I have no experienced a problem yet but its only been a few hours.

I am hopeful we will see a bunch of the old apps (the hockey news, etc) become OS7 friendly soon and that the browser gets an upgrade in the next os release.
    I hope so.
    Which OS are you using ?

Ev1L D3aD is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    Ask Elvis
    Device
    9900/9700
    OS
    7.0.0.353/6.0.0.650
    Liked
    1 times

1) No I have not dropped or abused my 9900 in any way. It's 10/10 still and I got it bnib.

2) When I'm surfing the trackpad stops accepting input, locks up for around 30 seconds and button input does not work at all (every button). Then once it comes back the screen starts scrolling at warp speed totally out of control. Sometimes the trackpad input is totally reversed (up = down, down = up)

3) When I'm surfing the trackpad input is not linear 100% of the time. The exact same pressure and distance of a finger swipe sometimes does the expected, othertimes it give the output of around 10 swipes.

4) The touchscreen is totally useless right now and I never use it [I miss my 9800 (except for horizontal scrolling)].

5) I have the same link selection issue.

6) If I'm on a call the device totally locks up and I can't go back to the homescreen.

7) Reboots do not resolve the issues above and I had the exact same same issues on .317 (I'm on .353 currently). I'm going to do a fresh reload tonight without any apps and use the Bold for a week to see if anything changes.
    Last edited by Ev1L D3aD; 09-01-2011 at 07:40 PM.
    Joe Jerde likes this.

Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1504 times
    Crappy made apps have definitely been known to screw up a well working device.

Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone