kikeberry is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie

BB 9720 Uncaught exception application net_RIM_bb_phone_app (420) is not responding

Good morning,

I am new in this community and I register after searching and finding no answer to my specific issue.

I have a BlackBerry 9720 OS I am writing under Blackberry bold 9790 since I didn't find my model.

I have the error outlined in subject when I receive a phone call. I am unable to hang up the phone call. And it keeps ringing and ringing even after the person who is ringing me hung up.

The only thing I can do to stop is pulling my battery out and rebooting the phone.

I think I can't upgrade my software. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Sorry for my English, is not my native language.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

kubek is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie

Have you tried to install BB DM and see if there is/are any updates available for your phone? Check the web to find a step-by-step procedure.

- - - Updated - - -

If BB DM doesn't find anything then try to find device software for your carrier (if device was bought from a carrier) :

There are also other places to check on how to perform update of device OS (I am no expert, but there are some useful guides and very knowledgeable people if you look around).

There in fact seems to be little information about this phone.

I hope this puts you on the right track and road to find a solution to your problem.