Battery with red X, 9780 not turning on

Thread: Battery with red X, 9780 not turning on

yuval_mass is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Liked
    0 times

Battery with red X, 9780 not turning on

My 9780 recently started showing the white screen with 302 error. I tried to plug it into desktop manager and reload the software, all was going fine until about halfway through the softer loading, desktop manager said that it had lost connection with the phone. When i took the phone out and tried to boot it up, it loaded about halfway and then went to the battery logo with a cross through it. I tried three batteries all with the same result, it loaded halfway and then a white screen for a second, then the battery logo with the cross through it. I then tried to load the software through loader.exe, but when taking the battery out and plugging the phone in with no battery, the red light on the phone came on for a few minutes, but the phone didn't show any signs of life, eventually the red light turned off and the screen remains dead, loader can't recognize the phone. I have no idea how to put new software on the phone when desktop manager and loader both refuse to recognize it. I don't care about the information on the phone just need to revive it. Is there any hope for this phone? Please help!!
    Last edited by Joe Jerde; 01-14-2013 at 04:37 AM.

Harmeling68 is offline Forum Moderator Follow Harmeling68 On Twitter Add Harmeling68 on Facebook Add Harmeling68 on Google+ Add Harmeling68 on Linkedin
    PIN
    3343247B
    Device
    Black Q10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    145 times
    Hello and good morning and sorry I didn't see your post sooner. It's 5.22am where I am, so please give me time to wake up, work out, get to work and do some research on this error (unless somebody gets back to you before I do!). I'll follow up by this afternoon.

Have a great day!
    BB then, now, forever!

yuval_mass is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi. After a few days of trying everything i know how, from tearing apart the phone to dropping it, i left the phone in charge all night. This morning i removed the battery whilst still in the charger and put it back in. The phone restarted and loaded fully, back to the original jvm error. After this it was downhill, plugged the phone back into loader and reloaded the software. Thanks for trying though

Harmeling68 is offline Forum Moderator Follow Harmeling68 On Twitter Add Harmeling68 on Facebook Add Harmeling68 on Google+ Add Harmeling68 on Linkedin
    PIN
    3343247B
    Device
    Black Q10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    145 times
    I know this is frustrating for you, but don't give up! This seems to be a corrupted os issue and the key is to try to get the os wiped and a new one installed. I've found a few links that might help. Have you tried to completely wipe the os using bbsak and then reloading? Good luck and please post back!

Recover a BlackBerry device from a 302 "Reload Software" error message | BrightPoint GB Blog

ARM11: Touchpanel firmware update operation failed - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

KB18998-How to reset the BlackBerry smartphone to factory defaults

BlackBerry 302 wipe and install - Step 3 - YouTube
    BB then, now, forever!