Device
    Blackberry Q10
    OS
    Carrier
    MTN
    Liked
    6 times

Security Issue

Please my lovely peeps I need urgent help on my blackberry. I used a password to lock my phone(bold 9780) but right now I can't open it. It is showing wrong password whenever I I type my password. The issue now is I have tried it nine times so now it is requiring me to type "blackberry" as my password knowing fully well that it will wipe my phone clean and probably might not work again. Please guys, what do I do? I need your help urgently. Thanks.

ghostryder is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow ghostryder On Twitter
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Liked
    226 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehindm View Post
    Please my lovely peeps I need urgent help on my blackberry. I used a password to lock my phone(bold 9780) but right now I can't open it. It is showing wrong password whenever I I type my password. The issue now is I have tried it nine times so now it is requiring me to type "blackberry" as my password knowing fully well that it will wipe my phone clean and probably might not work again. Please guys, what do I do? I need your help urgently. Thanks.
    Are you in a BIS (personal) system or BES (Business) system? In other words, is the Bold used for your work and your company has provided a password?

This will help me get the correct information for you.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Liked
    226 times
    You can wipe the device by inserting password "blackberry" when you have the last chance to unlock massage, the device will be wiped and then you can set a new password.
    You can get back any backed up data by using the Desktop Manager to recover your device, as long as you have backed up your data.

Check out this from RIM: KB10385-Multiple attempts to type in a password prompts a warning that data will be wiped from the BlackBerry smartphone
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Liked
    226 times
    Lets do this. Before you attempt anything else, let me get with my team to discuss this issue so you're not stuck with a brick.
    Eleanor Roosevelt

lshap is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow lshap On Twitter
    Device
    9900 Bold
    OS
    7.1.0.250 (B648)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile USA
    Liked
    78 times
    Hey Kehindm sorry to hear your having this issue.

The security on the blackberry is part of the qnx system and is one of the best selling points and best feature of the blackberry brand. It's what blackberry prides them self on.

With that being said... There is no way around the password on the blackberry system without loosing any data.
    I have some tips and ideas that may help you, but worst case scenario is you lose any data and restart. The device will not become a brick but if it starts to wipe DO NOT PULL THE BATTERY. You will make one problem even bigger. If the device looses power while doing a wipe it will corrupt the file system and you will have to run the app loader to restore.

Afew tips are the device has a default of 10 attempts.
    the password is in alpha mode. most people think their password is number so they enter "1234" and they really entered "qwer"
    at the 5th attempt the blackberry will ask you to enter "blackberry" this is not the wipe but to make sure its not in your pocket going through all your attempts.
    finally the device if your on a BEs server (work email) will most likely ask you to recreate a new password when the device finishes the wipe. if your IT dept has it set to (they most likely do)

If its a personal blackberry with no IT policy it wont have you recreate a new password.

Sorry again about your issue but I hope this helps.

Lshap
    Last edited by lshap; 03-14-2012 at 12:53 PM.
    ghostryder and Youssef like this.

Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Liked
    226 times
    Thanks Lshap,
    Kehindm, once you have entered the 10th attempt and it is a wrong password, your Bold will wipe itself and you will be starting with a fresh phone. Both Lshap and I hope that you have backed up your device using DM because your will be able to recovery the data that you backed up. If not, you will be starting from scratch as far as inputting all your data to the Bold.

Let us know how it worked out.
    lshap likes this.
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Blackberry Unlocking is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    Blackberry
    Liked
    13 times
    The Blackberry device is restored to "out of box" status (all data is deleted) after you type blackberry when you run out of attempts to unlock your Blackberry...
    The best thing to do is to use Blackberry DM to make backups for those issues, if you have a backup then you can wipe the device and then restore all the information from your computer.
    Blackberry unlocking
    Unlock Blackberry online