Missing Icon
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Missing Icon

  1. #1
    Paul Iddon's Avatar
    Paul Iddon is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    England
    Device
    Bold 9900
    OS
    7
    Carrier
    Virgin
    Posts
    98
    Liked
    18 times

    Missing Icon

    I was prompted by AppWorld on my 9780 to upgrade Facebook, and so I did, to version 2.0.0.50 which downloaded.

    Now, the icon for Facebook has disappeared and I cannot find it anywhere. My phone says it is on there (checked applications management too, where it shows too, but I cannot access it from anywhere on the phone.

    It remains totally hidden dispute being installed, no matter which theme I try to put on there to check if any themes are not spotting it, but no luck.

    Suggestions please?


    Paul.




  2. #2
    Joe Jerde's Avatar
    Joe Jerde is offline Owner | Editor-In-Chief Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    10.0.9.2743
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    7,775
    Liked
    1491 times
    hi paul, have you tried a battery pull restart?
    Paul Iddon likes this.

    Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

  3. #3
    Paul Iddon's Avatar
    Paul Iddon is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    England
    Device
    Bold 9900
    OS
    7
    Carrier
    Virgin
    Posts
    98
    Liked
    18 times
    Tried that, yes, but to avail. If I go into Setup, I cannot go onto the next stage even though the Facebook rectangle is therewaiting to be clicked on, and I can only return to the setup screen. Nothing happens, anywhere. The app is listed but remains inaccessible, meaning I can only log in through the browser.

  4. #4
    Youssef's Avatar
    Youssef is offline Forum Moderator Follow Youssef On Twitter Add Youssef on Facebook Add Youssef on Google+ Add Youssef on Linkedin
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cairo, Egypt
    Device
    Z10-1
    OS
    10.2.1.2141
    Carrier
    Etisalat
    Posts
    543
    Liked
    97 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Iddon View Post
    Tried that, yes, but to avail. If I go into Setup, I cannot go onto the next stage even though the Facebook rectangle is therewaiting to be clicked on, and I can only return to the setup screen. Nothing happens, anywhere. The app is listed but remains inaccessible, meaning I can only log in through the browser.
    I recommend to Reinstall it.
    Paul Iddon likes this.


  5. #5
    Paul Iddon's Avatar
    Paul Iddon is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    England
    Device
    Bold 9900
    OS
    7
    Carrier
    Virgin
    Posts
    98
    Liked
    18 times
    I uninstalled it and reinstalled it too, but the icon still will not appear.

  6. #6
    Paul Iddon's Avatar
    Paul Iddon is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    England
    Device
    Bold 9900
    OS
    7
    Carrier
    Virgin
    Posts
    98
    Liked
    18 times
    And now BBM has done the same!

    I have been on to RIM to tell them and sent them a log.


    Paul.

  7. #7
    Youssef's Avatar
    Youssef is offline Forum Moderator Follow Youssef On Twitter Add Youssef on Facebook Add Youssef on Google+ Add Youssef on Linkedin
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cairo, Egypt
    Device
    Z10-1
    OS
    10.2.1.2141
    Carrier
    Etisalat
    Posts
    543
    Liked
    97 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Iddon View Post
    And now BBM has done the same!

    I have been on to RIM to tell them and sent them a log.


    Paul.
    That's weird !
    Paul Iddon likes this.


  8. #8
    Paul Iddon's Avatar
    Paul Iddon is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    England
    Device
    Bold 9900
    OS
    7
    Carrier
    Virgin
    Posts
    98
    Liked
    18 times
    Agreed.

    Facebook has now totally gone, and BBM is showing in the Application Manager Menu, but nowhere else...

    I'm going to try deleting BBM from the Applications storage and see if I can then re-install it.

    It's getting crazier by the day!

    Paul.

  9. #9
    ice2921's Avatar
    ice2921 is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow ice2921 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    USA
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    10.0.10.684
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Posts
    2,544
    Liked
    749 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Iddon View Post
    Agreed.

    Facebook has now totally gone, and BBM is showing in the Application Manager Menu, but nowhere else...

    I'm going to try deleting BBM from the Applications storage and see if I can then re-install it.

    It's getting crazier by the day!

    Paul.
    Might be time for a backup and an OS re install
    Youssef and Paul Iddon like this.

  10. #10
    Paul Iddon's Avatar
    Paul Iddon is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    England
    Device
    Bold 9900
    OS
    7
    Carrier
    Virgin
    Posts
    98
    Liked
    18 times
    OK, update time.

    I did the back up and synced the files, and there was an OS update which I allowed the desktop to do, and now it all seems fine.

    BBM is back!

    Facebook is back!


    Life, gets back to normal.

    Thanks for looking and your ideas guys.

    Paul.

  11. #11
    Youssef's Avatar
    Youssef is offline Forum Moderator Follow Youssef On Twitter Add Youssef on Facebook Add Youssef on Google+ Add Youssef on Linkedin
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cairo, Egypt
    Device
    Z10-1
    OS
    10.2.1.2141
    Carrier
    Etisalat
    Posts
    543
    Liked
    97 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Iddon View Post
    OK, update time.

    I did the back up and synced the files, and there was an OS update which I allowed the desktop to do, and now it all seems fine.

    BBM is back!

    Facebook is back!


    Life, gets back to normal.

    Thanks for looking and your ideas guys.

    Paul.

    We're happy to see your device back to its normal state & working properly now


  12. #12
    Paul Iddon's Avatar
    Paul Iddon is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    England
    Device
    Bold 9900
    OS
    7
    Carrier
    Virgin
    Posts
    98
    Liked
    18 times
    Ha ha! Now BBM has gone again!

    Doing my head in now...

    Paul.

  13. #13
    Youssef's Avatar
    Youssef is offline Forum Moderator Follow Youssef On Twitter Add Youssef on Facebook Add Youssef on Google+ Add Youssef on Linkedin
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cairo, Egypt
    Device
    Z10-1
    OS
    10.2.1.2141
    Carrier
    Etisalat
    Posts
    543
    Liked
    97 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Iddon View Post
    Ha ha! Now BBM has gone again!

    Doing my head in now...

    Paul.

    OMG ! Have you installed the same OS?


  14. #14
    Paul Iddon's Avatar
    Paul Iddon is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    England
    Device
    Bold 9900
    OS
    7
    Carrier
    Virgin
    Posts
    98
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganayni94 View Post

    OMG ! Have you installed the same OS?
    No, the desktop manager said there was an OS update, so I ran back up and synced the photos etc, then installed the updated OS.

    This made the BBM and Facebook icons return as normal.

    Then an hour later, BBM said to upgrade on my BB screen and so I did (bad move) which moved BBM to 6.0.0.129 - now the Facebook remains working and icon is there, but the BBM has gone belly up again (there seems to be an issue on Beta Zone which says it needs installing 1 or 2 more extra times for the icon to appear). I have tried this 5 times but BBM still won't operate.


    Can I use the desktop manager to "roll back" the phone to before the new updates since the OS update, i.e. the moments before I moved to BBM 6.0.0.129 - would this reset the phone to this mornings OS update where it worked again?


    Paul.
    Joe Jerde likes this.

  15. #15
    Youssef's Avatar
    Youssef is offline Forum Moderator Follow Youssef On Twitter Add Youssef on Facebook Add Youssef on Google+ Add Youssef on Linkedin
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cairo, Egypt
    Device
    Z10-1
    OS
    10.2.1.2141
    Carrier
    Etisalat
    Posts
    543
    Liked
    97 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Iddon View Post
    No, the desktop manager said there was an OS update, so I ran back up and synced the photos etc, then installed the updated OS.

    This made the BBM and Facebook icons return as normal.

    Then an hour later, BBM said to upgrade on my BB screen and so I did (bad move) which moved BBM to 6.0.0.129 - now the Facebook remains working and icon is there, but the BBM has gone belly up again (there seems to be an issue on Beta Zone which says it needs installing 1 or 2 more extra times for the icon to appear). I have tried this 5 times but BBM still won't operate.


    Can I use the desktop manager to "roll back" the phone to before the new updates since the OS update, i.e. the moments before I moved to BBM 6.0.0.129 - would this reset the phone to this mornings OS update where it worked again?


    Paul.

    What about installing another build of BBM ??


  16. #16
    Paul Iddon's Avatar
    Paul Iddon is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    England
    Device
    Bold 9900
    OS
    7
    Carrier
    Virgin
    Posts
    98
    Liked
    18 times
    I have tried that. BBM 5, and back again to build 6.0.0.125 but still it doesn't work, and no matter which I try to add, the App World listing still says I have the 6.0.0.129 on...


    Paul.

  17. #17
    Paul Iddon's Avatar
    Paul Iddon is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    England
    Device
    Bold 9900
    OS
    7
    Carrier
    Virgin
    Posts
    98
    Liked
    18 times
    Case closed!

    Icons and BB is back, after 12 e-mails with the staff at BB Beta Zone, we finally seem to have nailed it down - a memory problem!

    Fingers crossed all will be well...




    Paul.
    Youssef likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. Blackberry Email Icon Missing . HELP !!!
    By jialiang in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-11-2011, 12:22 AM
  2. my keypad lock icon is missing
    By MC2885 in forum BlackBerry Curve 8530/8520
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-01-2011, 03:01 AM
  3. Icon missing
    By ch.a in forum App Developers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-09-2011, 06:22 PM
  4. Browser icon missing on 5.0.0.x
    By w1tw0lf in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-06-2009, 03:15 PM
  5. Missing SMS icon
    By bbprintz215 in forum BlackBerry Storm 9530/9500
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-06-2009, 09:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •