PIN
    26F49B56
    Device
    OS
    v6.0.0.546
    Liked
    0 times

Bluetooth problems with new OS 6.0.0.546 on my 9780

I have recently upgraded my software to the new .546 and I am now suddenly having problems connecting my bluetooth to my vehicle!
    Never had any hassles before, now it connects & seconds later says "connection failed" I have tried deleting & reinstalling the connection but the problem persists which is very frustrating.
    Any advice on how to fix this as it definately seems to be a problem with OS?

Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1503 times
    Quote Originally Posted by deeroe9780 View Post
    I have recently upgraded my software to the new .546 and I am now suddenly having problems connecting my bluetooth to my vehicle!
    Never had any hassles before, now it connects & seconds later says "connection failed" I have tried deleting & reinstalling the connection but the problem persists which is very frustrating.
    Any advice on how to fix this as it definately seems to be a problem with OS?
    Hello deeroe,

Let's rule out the obvious first. Have you performed a battery pull restart on your device lately? Sometime this will refresh the OS and take care of any buggy issues with Bluetooth, Wifi, apps, ect.

Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

deeroe9780 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    26F49B56
    Device
    OS
    v6.0.0.546
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi Joe

Yip have done that as well but still no luck !

Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1503 times
    Hi Joe

Yip have done that as well but still no luck !
    I would recommend rolling back to the OS that worked. Bluetooth can be a very touchy thing with vehicle and device integration. I've seen many complaints before from users who have had the same issue as you. They ended up rolling back to the OS that worked.

PIN
    26F49B56
    Device
    OS
    v6.0.0.546
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks will try that but as a somewhat "technically challenged" individual how exactly do I do that?
    Have connected again this morning via Desktop manager to check out updates and the other option it gave me was to downgrade to v .294 but from some reading up it appears this is a really old version and also very buggy?

Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1503 times
    Thanks will try that but as a somewhat "technically challenged" individual how exactly do I do that?
    Have connected again this morning via Desktop manager to check out updates and the other option it gave me was to downgrade to v .294 but from some reading up it appears this is a really old version and also very buggy?
    You can start by downloading a pretty stable OS release for the 9780 here... 9780_6.0.0.448 - Downloads - BlackBerry Forums

Once you have downloaded, follow our site upgrade guide to help you through the upgrade process. Please make sure to follow every step.... All In One Guide - How To Upgrade Your Device - with Pictures & Videos

If after you install this OS and you still have the issue, I would recommend going back to the OS you used before when it did work. Like I was saying, sometimes bluetooth compatibility isn't updated within a new OS, so you are either forced to stick with what works, or figure out a different bluetooth system.

PIN
    26F49B56
    Device
    OS
    v6.0.0.546
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for your help will give that a go!

Matrix Leader Guest
    As stated above, sometimes only 1 OS will work with the vehicle's bluetooth.

My friend had OS 6.0.0.359 and it connected seamlessly to his Range Rover. Any OS after that would just be unstable or fail to connect altogether. He even took his vehicle to the agency to have its Bluetooth / ECU upgraded but that didn't help.

What he did is, he installed 359 on his computer, then copied the Bluetooth files to a folder of his choice.

Now anytime he wants to upgrade in the future to a newer OS, he would just copy those Bluetooth files from 359 which he had saved earlier, then copy them to the OS loader folde,r or simply inject them to the phone via BBSAK

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You need to have .359 installed on your PC, and the new OS installed on your phone.

Download and install BBSAK, connect your phone and select Modify CODs, then Read System.

Next, select the following files from the list on the right, and click Save COD(s):-

net_rim_bb_BluetoothFileTransfer.cod
    net_rim_bluetooth.cod
    net_rim_bMessage.cod
    net_rim_bt_map.cod

Now select Install COD(s) and browse to the following folder on your PC:-

C: > Program Files > Common Files > Research In Motion > Shared > Loader Files > 9780M_v6.0.0.576 (example) > Java

Select and individually install the following files:-

net_rim_bluetooth.cod
    net_rim_bMessage.cod
    net_rim_bt_map.cod

If it all goes tits-up, then reconnect to BBSAK and reinstall the previously saved cod files using the Install COD(s) function
    Joe Jerde likes this.

Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1503 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Matrix Leader View Post

My friend had OS 6.0.0.359 and it connected seamlessly to his Range Rover. Any OS after that would just be unstable or fail to connect altogether. He even took his vehicle to the agency to have its Bluetooth / ECU upgraded but that didn't help.

What he did is, he installed 359 on his computer, then copied the Bluetooth files to a folder of his choice.

Now anytime he wants to upgrade in the future to a newer OS, he would just copy those Bluetooth files from 359 which he had saved earlier, then copy them to the OS loader folde,r or simply inject them to the phone via BBSAK

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You need to have .359 installed on your PC, and the new OS installed on your phone.

Download and install BBSAK, connect your phone and select Modify CODs, then Read System.

Next, select the following files from the list on the right, and click Save COD(s):-

net_rim_bluetooth.cod
    net_rim_bMessage.cod
    net_rim_bt_map.cod

C: > Program Files > Common Files > Research In Motion > Shared > Loader Files > 9780M_v6.0.0.576 (example) > Java

net_rim_bluetooth.cod
    net_rim_bMessage.cod
    net_rim_bt_map.cod

If it all goes tits-up, then reconnect to BBSAK and reinstall the previously saved cod files using the Install COD(s) function
    Thanks for this, very useful. We get quite a few people in here on this issue.

Matrix Leader Guest
    Always a pleasure

chrispeters is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    hate this phone for its crappy bluetooth ...
    Tried all the OS..even the 600 hybrid..the above .359 trick .
    i use an in car handsfree system called IOplay , which also streams music direct off my phone (A2DP) thru my car speakers , i have had it for 3 years with ZERO problems...even with the crappy phones it works ... not the 9780 !
    I get handsfree calls no probs with connecting ...but get big red cross on the stereo audio and remote control connectivity randomly...( sometimes it works..most times it does not )...i have reverted BACK to my curve 8900 ( which works perfectly) !!
    obviously a software bug somewhere ! absolute crap .

Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1503 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chrispeters View Post
    hate this phone for its crappy bluetooth ...
    Tried all the OS..even the 600 hybrid..the above .359 trick .
    i use an in car handsfree system called IOplay , which also streams music direct off my phone (A2DP) thru my car speakers , i have had it for 3 years with ZERO problems...even with the crappy phones it works ... not the 9780 !
    I get handsfree calls no probs with connecting ...but get big red cross on the stereo audio and remote control connectivity randomly...( sometimes it works..most times it does not )...i have reverted BACK to my curve 8900 ( which works perfectly) !!
    obviously a software bug somewhere ! absolute crap .
    That sucks. Have you tried another 9780 device to see if it's just the bluetooth hardware on your device?

zaxrux is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

bluetoothavrcp.setmediainfo error

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix Leader View Post

net_rim_bluetooth.cod
    net_rim_bMessage.cod
    net_rim_bt_map.cod

net_rim_bluetooth.cod
    net_rim_bMessage.cod
    net_rim_bt_map.cod

After installing 4 files from previous version, and after rebooting, bb detects error like described in title, so rolling back is the only option, and still issue with Bluetooth ..
    Last edited by grimreaper; 02-07-2012 at 04:39 PM. Reason: fixed quote

grimreaper is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Liked
    498 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zaxrux View Post
    After installing 4 files from previous version, and after rebooting, bb detects error like described in title, so rolling back is the only option, and still issue with Bluetooth ..
    Welcome to zaxrux

What exact Bluetooth issues are you experiencing with your BlackBerry Bold 9780?

What are you trying to connect via Bluetooth?

Also, I should mention, the latest OS for your BlackBerry Bold 9780 can be obtained below,

Official: OS 6.0.0.723 For BlackBerry Bold 9780 Via Partner Communications

Thank you.
    Last edited by grimreaper; 02-07-2012 at 04:50 PM. Reason: update

Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Can't connect to Nokia car hands free, after previous version (not sure, maybe 359) which was connecting perfectly.. It connects from time to time but rarely.

PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Liked
    498 times
    Can't connect to Nokia car hands free, after previous version (not sure, maybe 359) which was connecting perfectly.. It connects from time to time but rarely.
    You should update to Official: OS 6.0.0.723 For BlackBerry Bold 9780 Via Partner Communications which is more stable, and everything works very well, including blue tooth.

Let me know if you need any further help.

Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Already updated to this version still no good. Only first version on telephone worked, but with those, I had different issues, like browser non working without BIS etc.. Any idea how to keep previous blue tooth files and still have 723 version? Tx for helping

Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    P.S. I have downloaded this version from different forum couple a days ago, but suppose it is same.

PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Liked
    498 times
    Already updated to this version still no good. Only first version on telephone worked, but with those, I had different issues, like browser non working without BIS etc.. Any idea how to keep previous blue tooth files and still have 723 version? Tx for helping
    P.S. I have downloaded this version from different forum couple a days ago, but suppose it is same.
    You say the issue is with connecting to your hands free ? can you be a bit more specific?

Was it a Bluetooth head-set? do you have a model number?

The more information you post here, the easier it will be for us to solve your issue.

Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    The specific hands free model is Nokia CK-7W. With new sw version, I am able to pair device, but afterward, in everyday usage, it gets hooked up just from time to time. With previous sw version, it worked flawlessly .