What phone would you recommend: iphone 4 or blackberry bold 9780?

Thread: What phone would you recommend: iphone 4 or blackberry bold 9780?

Robertquan is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Liked
    1 times

What phone would you recommend: iphone 4 or blackberry bold 9780?

I like the blackberry bold 9780 as a lot of my friends have bb's and use bbm. I also like the menu and the QWERTY keyboard. This phone is also good for browsing the internet, however it has a smallish size screen.
    Another option is the iphone 4. This phone has a massive screen, however it is touch. The app store on the iphone is amazing also.
    My main priority is internet browsing and texting.
    Ravi Blue likes this.

Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1502 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Robertquan View Post
    I like the blackberry bold 9780 as a lot of my friends have bb's and use bbm. I also like the menu and the QWERTY keyboard. This phone is also good for browsing the internet, however it has a smallish size screen.
    Another option is the iphone 4. This phone has a massive screen, however it is touch. The app store on the iphone is amazing also.
    My main priority is internet browsing and texting.
    If your main priority is internet and texting then go with the Bold 9780 as the it has the physical keyboard and you'll be able to use BBM with your friends. If your main interests are apps and bigger screen, then get the iPhone 4. Although I like the iPhone 4 browser better, the Bold 9780 has a decent browser as it runs OS 6. OS 5 has a horrible browser.
    Sami Addam likes this.

Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

Sami Addam is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow Sami Addam On Twitter
    PIN
    Device
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Look the **** thing in bb 9780 is that they made the veiw for the wallpaper soo tight ,, like why even have a wall make it like combined !

vincentvictor Guest
    Both BlackBerry Bold & iPhone4 have instant messaging and e-mail messaging available as well as browsers for Internet pages. The first one uses a Blackberry Browser to enable surfing on the Internet. When it comes to comparing the battery’s life time, a Blackberry’s Bold 9780 battery life for talk-time is up to 6 hours and a stand-by time up to 408 hours; Apple beats its competitors at this section, enhancing the iPhone4 with a battery which enables a talk-time period of 7 hours, but with only a stand-by time of 300 hours.

Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1502 times
    One other huge thing to point out is that the BlackBerry has a superior notification system and pushed email service that iPhone doesn't come close to. So if you like your phone alerts and emails to get to you right away, then BlackBerry is the choice.

grimreaper is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Liked
    498 times
    I find it so much more appealing to me, cosmetically, performance wise, the features, apps, and graphics have made my life so much easier over the iPhone4, which is very noticable, and believe me, I have tried to understand the iPhone4, it's features and apps.

As for texting, I find it to be difficult for me because using a touch screen phone seems to take me longer to finish.

I just love Blackberry's for their e-mail, facebook, twitter, msn, yahoo, and finally bbm notifications is hands down amazing!

I have personally used both, and to be honest, I just can't live without my Blackberry.

There is my 2 cents ..thank you

Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1502 times
    I've used both as well. And also to mention the secure network you get with a BlackBerry. Which is way ahead of their time in this growing world of cyber criminals.

Zamkato is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow Zamkato On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    Carrier
    Airtel
    Liked
    4 times
    If touchscreen well then i4
    If non-touchscreen then the bold

I have the i4 and d bold 9700 and the 9780 is kind of similar....

Matrix Leader Guest
    If you want a toy, get the iPhone, and make sure to buy an extra charger and a car charger with it.

If you want a real phone, with the best email functionality, best keypads, best battery life, then get a BlackBerry
    Joe Jerde and al-bamin like this.

gil1966 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    Also for the browser issue get the Opera mini browser is great
    Good Luck!

ghostryder is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow ghostryder On Twitter
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Liked
    225 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gil1966 View Post
    Also for the browser issue get the Opera mini browser is great
    Good Luck!
    What is it about Opera mini that you like? I've looked at it and I'm just not that impressed with it yet.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”
    Eleanor Roosevelt

gil1966 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    tabs , faster,

ghostryder is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow ghostryder On Twitter
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Liked
    225 times
    Interesting. I'll have to look at it again. Thanks
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Blackberry Unlocking is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    Blackberry
    Liked
    13 times
    I would recommend the 9780 or the 9900 Blackberry but if you are into horizontal view device with full touch then the 9860 Blackberry will be a good choice.
    Blackberry unlocking
    Unlock Blackberry online

Spartan Dakoda Guest
    People come to a BlackBerry fans forum and ask what phone to buy iPhone or BlackBerry? :boggled: I am not trying to be rude but are you ******* ********??Evern IF the answer was the iPhone! Everyone will recommend the BlackBerry! it's not that hard to figure out!If you go to iPhone forums, they will all recommend the iPhone and bash the BlackBerry. Thank you and have a nice day
    Last edited by ghostryder; 12-02-2011 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Please, no personal attacks.

Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1502 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dakoda View Post
    People come to a BlackBerry fans forum and ask what phone to buy iPhone or BlackBerry? :boggled: I am not trying to be rude but are you seriously retarded??

Evern IF the answer was the iPhone! Everyone will recommend the BlackBerry! it's not that hard to figure out!

If you go to iPhone forums, they will all recommend the iPhone and bash the BlackBerry.

Thank you and have a nice day
    Although we are a BlackBerry forum we have to remember that we get questions like this so the user can then use that information to make their decision. He may have asked the same question in a iPhone forum as well, and based upon the answers from each forum will determine how he buys. Let's give him the answer he deserves and what makes us choose BlackBerry over the iPhone.
    ghostryder likes this.