Thread: Endless Reboot of 9780

bberkeley is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    9780 & it sucks!
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Thumbs down Endless Reboot of 9780

I have already had two 9780's with exactly the same problem. On three occasions, I ran the switch device wizard on 6.0.1 and, within four hours, while reinstalling applications that were mysteriously uninstalled from my 9700, through Blackberry App World, or upgrading existing applications, the device flashed white and then rebooted. At the black screen, the bar goes about 30% across, then jumps to about the 70% mark and, just as it gets to the end, quickly flashes black and white and then reboots. I let this run once, and it rebooted 27 times before I finally removed the battery. On one occasion, it lasted for three days before the endless reboot. I have spoke to BB Tech support, have an open case, and the first phone call lasted over ten hours. There have been subsequent calls of 90 to 180 minutes. I thought that I had this figured out and that Quick-Pull was causing the problem. (I had had minor problems with Quick-Pull before, and it did not work on my 8900.) But I deleted both Quick-Pull and Restart Me on my 9700 before I ran the switch device wizard the fourth time, and, within two hours, the device threw itself into endless reboot again. I am back using my 9700. HELP! I reloaded the software each time from the DOS prompt on Win 7 Home Premium with the /resettofactory or /nojvm switch of loader.exe (starting with the battery removed so it was not in endless reboot, until the PIN showed up) before running the switch device wizard.

Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Liked
    189 times
    Welcome to the forum bberkeley,

Have you followed these guides? http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...-pictures.html,

Or http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...ced-users.html
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

alanjolin is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    236b7e39
    Device
    Bold 9780
    OS
    6. 534. beta
    Carrier
    vodafone UK
    Liked
    41 times
    My daughter in laws BB was 'Nuked' with these same symptoms. After I wiped and reinstalled OS, all was ok.

Matrix Leader Guest
    Did you fix the issue? Installing a bad program or incompatible program would do this.

I once installed a leaked version of BB Maps that caused my phone to reboot endlessly.

I then had to restart my phone in safe mode and get rid of it. Then the phone worked fine.

TwistMyMind is offline Editor In Chief Follow TwistMyMind On Twitter Add TwistMyMind on Facebook Add TwistMyMind on Google+ Add TwistMyMind on Linkedin Visit TwistMyMind's Youtube Channel
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Telus
    Liked
    294 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Matrix Leader View Post
    Did you fix the issue? Installing a bad program or incompatible program would do this.

I once installed a leaked version of BB Maps that caused my phone to reboot endlessly.

I then had to restart my phone in safe mode and get rid of it. Then the phone worked fine.
    Kinda reminds me of the BBM v6.0 leak a few months back that caused phones to brick
    Follow me on Twitter

Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l Resource Center

Matrix Leader Guest
    Just incase anyone ever comes across such a situation and wants to know how to start the BB in Safe mode.........here is how

How to start a BlackBerry in safe mode:

Remove and reinsert the BlackBerry smartphone battery.

When the red light-emitting diode (LED) light goes out, press and hold the Escape key as the BlackBerry smartphone is loading.

When the dialog box appears, click OK.

Note: Safe mode is indicated by a safe mode indicator in the BlackBerry smartphone status section of the Home screen.

To turn off safe mode, remove and reinsert the BlackBerry smartphone battery.