Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 19

  1. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Canada
    PIN
    23A13EB4
    Device
    Bold 9780
    OS
    6.0
    Posts
    17
    I cannot express how much I love this phone lol. It's exactly what I expected it to be from using OS6 on 9700. But to have it running so smoothly still feels like i'm new to the phone/OS.

    Ill write my personal review at some point over the weekend.


    the only thing i'm not to happy about is BuddyGuard & BerryBuzz not working to to the keys not validating because I switched devices..



  2. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    PIN
    22685749
    Device
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    OS
    5
    Posts
    20
    True u guys But still to come ...


    but OS5 is better

  3. #11
    vincentvictor Guest
    Both phones are almost similar in their external and internal hardware feature and in choice of colour except for few upgrades in 9780 such as additional 256MB RAM & 5.0 MP camera.

    Camera
    Bold 9780: 5.0MP, 2x digital zoom, autofocus with flash and video recording at resolution 176 x 144 pixels (QCIF), 352 x 480 pixels.
    Bold 9700: 3.2MP, 2x digital zoom, autofocus with flash and video recording
    Memory
    Bold 9800: 512MB RAM + 2GB media card (included), expandable with microSD cards
    Bold 9700: 256MB RAM + 2GB media card (included), expandable with microSD cards
    9780 has additional 256MB memory, makes no big difference
    GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
    Both have in built GPS and Wi-Fi 802.11b/g and support Bluetooth v2.1
    Colour
    Both come in Black or White








  4. #12
    Matrix Leader Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sami Addam View Post
    True u guys But still to come ...


    but OS5 is better
    OS 5 was better. Now OS 6 has matured and is actually more stable and has good battery life..

    Added to that, the nice gui it has, the lovely webkit browser, universal search, I would never imagine going back to OS 5

  5. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Far away...
    Device
    8520
    OS
    5.0.0.1036
    Carrier
    Du
    Posts
    712
    Quote Originally Posted by Matrix Leader View Post
    OS 5 was better. Now OS 6 has matured and is actually more stable and has good battery life..

    Added to that, the nice gui it has, the lovely webkit browser, universal search, I would never imagine going back to OS 5
    Yet, some people are stuck with it, like me and some other people on the forum....



  6. #14
    Matrix Leader Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sabisgeek View Post
    Yet, some people are stuck with it, like me and some other people on the forum....
    May I ask why you say you are stuck with it?

    If it is because you have a 256 MB device, then I'm sure you know you can shrink the OS to get lots of free memory.

    OS 6 comes with 6 introductory videos to show its features which are hidden , and you cannot delete them. I was able to see them using Filescout, but wasn't able to delete them.

    So thanks to BB Boss and BBH Tool (Latest versions) you have the ability to shrink the videos, and that means the built in hidden videos which are useless and nooone can even see them again. You know like the start up video you see the first time you install OS 6. Shrinking the videos alone frees up 23 MB!! You can also shrink the ringtones and actually copy them to the media card too, I have them all in an mp3 format should you wish to do that lemme know.

    I'd be more than happy to help you iron out the reasons which are preventing you from upgrading.. If it was something else, then I dont know...

    PS: Feel free to add me on BBM, my pin is: 23789559

  7. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Far away...
    Device
    8520
    OS
    5.0.0.1036
    Carrier
    Du
    Posts
    712
    Quote Originally Posted by Matrix Leader View Post
    May I ask why you say you are stuck with it?

    If it is because you have a 256 MB device, then I'm sure you know you can shrink the OS to get lots of free memory.

    OS 6 comes with 6 introductory videos to show its features which are hidden , and you cannot delete them. I was able to see them using Filescout, but wasn't able to delete them.

    So thanks to BB Boss and BBH Tool (Latest versions) you have the ability to shrink the videos, and that means the built in hidden videos which are useless and nooone can even see them again. You know like the start up video you see the first time you install OS 6. Shrinking the videos alone frees up 23 MB!! You can also shrink the ringtones and actually copy them to the media card too, I have them all in an mp3 format should you wish to do that lemme know.

    I'd be more than happy to help you iron out the reasons which are preventing you from upgrading.. If it was something else, then I dont know...

    PS: Feel free to add me on BBM, my pin is: 23789559
    Thanks
    I know all this, don't worry, I'm not new to the world of BlackBerry (see the moderator sign? )
    I'm stuck with it because I have the old curve, 8520. I posted in this thread because moderators are supposed to check every thread in case of something bad, and when I saw your post, I couldn't resist posting

    Thanks for all the help, but I'm 150% sure I won't be getting OS6 on my curvey.
    Ps: I would add you on BBM, if I had BBM
    Last edited by sabisgeek; 06-18-2011 at 05:18 AM.

  8. #16
    Matrix Leader Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sabisgeek View Post
    Thanks
    I know all this, don't worry, I'm not new to the world of BlackBerry (see the moderator sign? )
    I'm stuck with it because I have the old curve, 8520. I posted in this thread because moderators are supposed to check every thread in case of something bad, and when I saw your post, I couldn't resist posting

    Thanks for all the help, but I'm 150% sure I won't be getting OS6 on my curvey.
    Ps: I would add you on BBM, if I had BBM
    Ah ok, the Curve 8520 was the first BB I got 2 years back, that's when I fell in love with the BB World, I was a total n00b back then..
    That said, to me, one of the most reasons I stick to BB is BBM, but hey, whatever floats your boat

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •