blackberrymylife is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    Blackberry Storm 953
    OS
    4.7.0.114 hybrid
    Liked
    0 times

bb 9700 flash support?

i am not sure what this means but i just did a comparison of storm 2 and 9700. two things surprised me
    battery
    storm 2 :vCDMA: Up to 11 days/264 hours. UMTS: Up to 11 days/264 hours. GSM: Up to 12 days/288 hours talk time CDMA: Up to 5.5 hours. UTMS: Up to 6 hours. GSM: Up to 5 hours
    9700: GSM: up to 19 days/456 hours, UMTS: up to 15 days/360 hours talk time GSM: up to 6 hours, UMTS: up to 6 hours

media player
    the 9700- DivX 4, DivX 5/6 partially supported, XviD partially supported, H.263, H.264, WMV3, MPEG4, Sorenson Spark & On2 VP6 (Flash support)

am i mistaken to think the 9700 will have a form of flash support?

ealvnv is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow ealvnv On Twitter
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Liked
    9 times
    Flash support will be added in the near future, possible via software upgrade since it lOoks that the Firmware is getting ready.
    Posted via BlackBerry device

blackberrymylife is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    Blackberry Storm 953
    OS
    4.7.0.114 hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    Flash support will be added in the near future, possible via software upgrade since it lOoks that the Firmware is getting ready.
    Thats what I thought but just interesting to see the specs directly from blackberry.com stating it having the flash support already.

ealvnv is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow ealvnv On Twitter
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Liked
    9 times
    Very interesting indeed

jhw1701 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Red Z10
    Liked
    0 times
    don't get your hopes up, Sorenson Spark and On2 VP6 are only video codecs used in flash video
    Last edited by jhw1701; 10-22-2009 at 01:58 AM.

send2steph is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow send2steph On Twitter
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Lyric's .509 hybrid
    Liked
    3 times
    I'm interested in knowing more about this too????

So, is there physical hardware that is required for flash? And if so, does that mean that the Storm2 does NOT have this hardware but the Bold does? Excuse the ignorance, but why is the ability to run Flash not just a software fix?

The ability to run Flash will be awesome - I'm currently on VZW, so if it's only the Bold that gets it :arg:.

sunkast Guest
    Couldn't tell you for sure whether or not there is any hardware required for flash to run on a BlackBerry device. But from articles I've read a software update may be all that's needed. It's unclear what exactly is needed to run flash. In any case, that feature is quite a ways off from being reality.

secgena is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Liked
    0 times
    So now that the 9700 is readily available and many of you have a 9700 in your hands, can anyone confirm whether or not the 9700 does in fact support Flash ????????????????????????

sherb is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    217C6DC3
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by secgena View Post
    So now that the 9700 is readily available and many of you have a 9700 in your hands, can anyone confirm whether or not the 9700 does in fact support Flash ????????????????????????
    No, i can tell you 100% that mine does not support flash at the current time.
    Probably a good spot to also state that m.youtube.com videos dont appear to work either.(unknow reason)

But who knows what the future holds for this phone...

NJBlackBerry is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Liked
    0 times
    m.youtube.com works properly on my T-Mobile 9700 (5.0.0.351); no Flash, but UMA is great.

Dave12308 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    Couldn't tell you for sure whether or not there is any hardware required for flash to run on a BlackBerry device. But from articles I've read a software update may be all that's needed. It's unclear what exactly is needed to run flash. In any case, that feature is quite a ways off from being reality.
    Flash doesn't require much of anything in particular hardware-wise, aside from a CPU and memory. It will even run on a Pentium II, albeit slowly. What we are waiting for is Adobe, Inc. - they are the makers of Flash, for whatever reason they are slow at coding mobile Flash players (and PDF readers). If it's any consolation, it won't be coming to the Droid until "1H 2010"