hi nee help bb bold 9700 jvm error 424 / 534

Thread: hi nee help bb bold 9700 jvm error 424 / 534

ray0098 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Liked
    0 times

hi nee help bb bold 9700 jvm error 424 / 534

hi i have a bb bold and it will conect to blackberry desktop but ask me to update so i do that and goes to rebbot and the bar stops and comes up with 1 off 3 jvm codes
    first one is 534 jvm error write failed or jvm 424 or just come up data abort the phone looks brand new and never used i have tryed all jl comander and it say unable to connect to port but on blackberry desktop man it gives u the bb pin and everything so that is reading it
    please wot do i do

Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1501 times
    Are you able to use the device? and you are just having issues with updating?

Also, please tell us what OS is currently installed and what OS you are trying to update to?

Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

Device
    Liked
    0 times
    it wont let me use it loads up half the blackberry bar and goes on white screen with jvm error 534 write failed or 424 or just says data abort with a reset button on it .it changes when u take battery out to them errors it connects to blackberry desktop software shows u the pin and everything but a popup comes up saying ......the desktop software is not able to ccommunicate with the device
    i allready tryed jl commander that didnt work just said unable to open port
    i also tryed the app loader or somthing it puts the software on and then i get the same errors after it reboots
    is there any others i could try or is it killed off

Device
    Liked
    0 times
    i think the os 5 on it but does the same to any os i put on it

Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1501 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ray0098 View Post
    i think the os 5 on it but does the same to any os i put on it
    Have you tried our How to recover a nuked device tutorial?... How-To Recover A Nuked Blackberry - with Pictures

Device
    Liked
    0 times
    hi did that but didnt come up unknown just came on with the pin

Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1501 times
    hi did that but didnt come up unknown just came on with the pin
    Have you updated your Desktop Manager Software?

Device
    Liked
    0 times
    i have the latest desktop manager software everything is all good
    but when i plug it in i get this on the screenhi nee help bb bold 9700 jvm error 424 / 534-sandwell-20110627-00340.jpgand then when i click on update i get this hi nee help bb bold 9700 jvm error 424 / 534-sandwell-20110627-00336.jpgas u can see it installed the software cuz theres a green tick by installed but thats all i get the phone then reboots as if it finishing the reboot stage and i get this thenhi nee help bb bold 9700 jvm error 424 / 534-sandwell-20110627-00337.jpgthe loading bar only goes that far then i get this comp uphi nee help bb bold 9700 jvm error 424 / 534-sandwell-20110627-00338.jpgso i click the reset opion on the phone trys to loads up again with the bar then one off the other eroors come up like data abort or jvm error 424
    is there any way of getting the whole lot off inc the boot up files and putting new ones on as i think it might be somthing to do with the internal device software itself

Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1501 times
    Have you tried using another battery?

Device
    Liked
    0 times
    yep tryed a different batterey from another bb but nothing the one that is in it now is a brand new one

Device
    Liked
    0 times
    i even tryed javaloader to try to fix it and just comes up unable to connect to port

Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1501 times
    i even tryed javaloader to try to fix it and just comes up unable to connect to port
    Have you tried a different USB cord, or even another USB port?

If that doesn't help, try on a friends computer that also has DM.
    Matrix Leader likes this.

Matrix Leader Guest
    Forget about downloading from the BlackBerry Desktop Software! It is not reliable in my experience.

Restart your computer then do the following:

Download the Operating System from the below link:

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...C2DB5A6DB53A92

Make sure you create a backup before you perform the below!

Instructions For Installation:

1) Install the *.exe file you just downloaded.

2) Navigate to Computer >>> C: >>> Program Files >>> Common Files >>> Research in Motion >>> Apploader

OR to Computer >>> C: >>> Program Files (x86) >>> Common Files >>> Research in Motion >>> Apploader (if you have a 64-Bit Windows Operating System)

3) Delete the file named vendor.xml

4) Connect your BlackBerry through the USB port

5) Run loader.exe

6) Follow the on-screen instructions and enjoy.

When you click NEXT after the last step, you will get a list of components that you can check or uncheck. Ensure you do not touch anything you don't know of. Also, uncheck anything you definitely won't be using.

Example, no need to install all the Instant Messaging Clients such as Yahoo Messenger, Windows Live Messenger, Facebook, etc. Only install the ones you actually use to save the precious memory on your BlackBerry Device.

csussen is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    40 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Matrix Leader View Post
    Forget about downloading from the BlackBerry Desktop Software! It is not reliable in my experience.

Restart your computer then do the following:

Download the Operating System from the below link:

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...C2DB5A6DB53A92

Make sure you create a backup before you perform the below!

Instructions For Installation:

1) Install the *.exe file you just downloaded.

2) Navigate to Computer >>> C: >>> Program Files >>> Common Files >>> Research in Motion >>> Apploader

OR to Computer >>> C: >>> Program Files (x86) >>> Common Files >>> Research in Motion >>> Apploader (if you have a 64-Bit Windows Operating System)

3) Delete the file named vendor.xml

4) Connect your BlackBerry through the USB port

5) Run loader.exe

6) Follow the on-screen instructions and enjoy.

When you click NEXT after the last step, you will get a list of components that you can check or uncheck. Ensure you do not touch anything you don't know of. Also, uncheck anything you definitely won't be using.

Example, no need to install all the Instant Messaging Clients such as Yahoo Messenger, Windows Live Messenger, Facebook, etc. Only install the ones you actually use to save the precious memory on your BlackBerry Device.
    Prior to install do a complete wipe with BBSack. I know this issue, BBSack and loader.exe will solve your problem. Install OS 6.0.0.576 or 6.0.0.600

Matrix Leader Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by csussen View Post
    Prior to install do a complete wipe with BBSack. I know this issue, BBSack and loader.exe will solve your problem. Install OS 6.0.0.576 or 6.0.0.600
    While I have personally used OS 576 and 600 (via Java Swap) I don't recommend it to you as it has a few bugs such as the misaligned clock and when you press the menu button the first time when using a 3rd party theme, you will not see the menu icons, you will get a blank screen instead. Then you must press the back arrow button once to go back then Menu again, then you will see the menu icons. This only happens once after every restart of your BB. It is not a big deal. But if you want a very stable OS with decent battery life and no bugs. I recommend sticking to the Official 546.

Just my 2 cents