my sd card int reading

Thread: my sd card int reading

dannydelew is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    bold 9700
    Liked
    0 times

Angry my sd card int reading

hey guys im new here, the other night i was checking my phone and a message popped up saying my memory card could not be acessed due to fatal errors, now i have 3 other cards at home and none seem to be working on it i get the same message. is it my phone that is broken or is it the card? or what can i do to fix the problem, thanks

ghostryder is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow ghostryder On Twitter
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Liked
    225 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dannydelew View Post
    hey guys im new here, the other night i was checking my phone and a message popped up saying my memory card could not be acessed due to fatal errors, now i have 3 other cards at home and none seem to be working on it i get the same message. is it my phone that is broken or is it the card? or what can i do to fix the problem, thanks
    Welcome to . Lets see if we can get you going.

First thing, have you done a battery pull? With the phone on, remove the battery and let it sit a couple of minutes. replace the battery, power it up and see if you have the same problem.

Have you recently downloaded any new themes? Any new apps?
    If you have a new theme, try going back to a default theme and see if you still get the same message.
    Last edited by ghostryder; 06-01-2011 at 01:59 PM.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Joe Jerde is offline Owner | Editor-In-Chief Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1491 times
    Also, have you updated your OS lately?

Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

tda
    tda is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    10 times

Red face

.. reformatting the Media Card should do the trick, that is if you have a backup of your Media Card contents... Forcing the blackberry to read the 'corrupt' Media Card (on any OS) is almost impossible unless by luck... that's only my opinion though.. CMIIW...

stewieh is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi - I spent 4 hours and countless battery pulls, inserting and removing SD card, changing software etc..there are a number of other forums with many many posts on this subject. (mine is used for work so I cannot change phones readily - and I do recognize that when it works the email capability is very useful)

I think formatting option is the best bet is advised as above by tda. What would help is of someone who knows these stupid f.cking devices i ndetail would actually document a fix properly including each step (i.e RIM the Vendor as a start ? Maybe they just release half tested products on the market and let the community work it out), e.g Do you enter mass storage mode or not for example when you connect to the PC (I don't know so then I have to experiment like the rest of the sad frustrated people who have one) What do you do when it doesn't give you the option to format the card, like when I tried this option initially (it says it cannot) - what do you do then.?

The formatting goes something like: Connect your blackberry to your pc, go to my computer (windows pc) and when the Blackberry appears as drive d: (or some other letter depending on how many devices you have attached to your pc) right click on it and select properties, there is then an option to select format the memory and it will wipe the contents of the card and format your sd memory.

when you re-boot your blackberry you may still get the same message (i did) - but after a another series of re-boots it worked (not sure how many i was delirious by then) and to scare you even more I tried all of this on two separate laptops. (hey why not win 7 , win xp, others even suggested a linux fix!)

The most frustrating aspect of owning a blackberry would have to be the lack of any proper documented procedures to solve any problems. of which there are many, and most blackberry users are not technophiles, this is supposed to be an appliance (iphone clearly a better appliance) that should work out of the box, and not require people to engage in all sorts of strange experimental fixes. (described as BB voodoo on another forum and I totally agree)

other things people have attempted - and each one has had posts where people have said it worked (for them - note not for all - so frustrating that some of the posts are actually entertaining)

1) delete some of your installed applications on your BB and then re boot
    2) repeatedly re-seat the memory
    3) take the SD memory out of your b/berry and put it someone else phone or camera, write something to it, and then put it back in
    4) replace the SD ram module , i.e a hardware component of the device
    5) operate and in safe mode and try to format the card from the Options menu, go to memory, page down to media card, hit the BB left button (argh i don't even know its name) and it gives you a menu where format is an option
    6) change the version of your BB OS completely (that's how i found this forum)
    7) if you can stick the sd card into your pc - some people have an sd card reader either on the laptop or as a little usb device (i do not) - they then formatted the card that way
    8) buy a new sd card - this did not always work - another forum on the merits of classes of sd card ensured (for f.sake)
    9) remove card and gently blow into sd slot
    i attempted all but option 4 and 7

I cannot describe the format option further as I am too afraid to connect my blackberry back to either laptop - for the time being at least !

note RIM enterprise value is less than their annual sales..

the thing that annoys the cr&p out of me is

ocumented by RIM

Joe Jerde is offline Owner | Editor-In-Chief Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1491 times
    I've never had those issues you are describing, but have come across a few that have. For the most problematic issues, most of the time it's either a bad hardware connection or a bad SD card.

Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone