Edge Problem --- Help Required
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Edge Problem --- Help Required

  1. #1
    Kamran Mukhtar is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Rawalpindi, Pakistan
    Posts
    7
    Liked
    0 times

    Edge Problem --- Help Required

    I recently purchase unlocked Orange UK BB9700 from one of my friends, currently I am living in Pakistan,

    My handset is working perfectly for Voice & Text messaging, but for BB data services I am facing problem, “edge” is not appearing in upper case as told by service provider, I tired to upgrade the OS 6, but then I start the process system says Active Data Plan required for upgrade.

    Now you all are request to help solve this problem of “edge”,

    Looking forward for your help

    Best Regards
    Kamran Mukhtar




  2. #2
    amyswan is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    72
    Liked
    35 times
    Have you read the manual with the mobile? I would suggest you to get in touch with the provider/manufacturer on this issue.

  3. #3
    Joe Jerde's Avatar
    Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    10.0.9.2743
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    7,812
    Liked
    1502 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamran Mukhtar View Post
    I recently purchase unlocked Orange UK BB9700 from one of my friends, currently I am living in Pakistan,

    My handset is working perfectly for Voice & Text messaging, but for BB data services I am facing problem, “edge” is not appearing in upper case as told by service provider, I tired to upgrade the OS 6, but then I start the process system says Active Data Plan required for upgrade.

    Now you all are request to help solve this problem of “edge”,
    A couple things,

    You may be in a area that has a weak signal, so therefore you are not getting your full network potential.

    Go to Manage Connections... Mobile Network Options... and then mess around with the settings in there.

    Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

  4. #4
    Kamran Mukhtar is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Rawalpindi, Pakistan
    Posts
    7
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by amyswan View Post
    Have you read the manual with the mobile? I would suggest you to get in touch with the provider/manufacturer on this issue.
    Dear Amyswan

    Should i contact blackberry or my current service provider i .e ufone

  5. #5
    Kamran Mukhtar is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Rawalpindi, Pakistan
    Posts
    7
    Liked
    0 times
    Date Services: ON
    While Roaming: ON

    Connection Perferance: WI fi Preferred

    Mobile Newtowrk: Ufone
    Selection Mode: Automatic

    Network Mode: 3G & 2G

  6. #6
    ghostryder's Avatar
    ghostryder is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow ghostryder On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Northern California
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    6.0.0.706
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Posts
    980
    Liked
    225 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamran Mukhtar View Post
    I recently purchase unlocked Orange UK BB9700 from one of my friends, currently I am living in Pakistan,

    My handset is working perfectly for Voice & Text messaging, but for BB data services I am facing problem, “edge” is not appearing in upper case as told by service provider, I tired to upgrade the OS 6, but then I start the process system says Active Data Plan required for upgrade.

    Now you all are request to help solve this problem of “edge”,

    Looking forward for your help

    Best Regards
    Kamran Mukhtar
    What is the version of the OS you have loaded? I understand that you have OS6, but is it v344, v358, v418, or v424, or is it a 5 series OS? This information my help us narrow down the problem.
    Last edited by ghostryder; 05-06-2011 at 04:31 PM.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”
    Eleanor Roosevelt

  7. #7
    Joe Jerde's Avatar
    Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    10.0.9.2743
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    7,812
    Liked
    1502 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamran Mukhtar View Post
    Date Services: ON
    While Roaming: ON

    Connection Perferance: WI fi Preferred

    Mobile Newtowrk: Ufone
    Selection Mode: Automatic

    Network Mode: 3G & 2G
    Try setting your network mode to 'Global'

    You can't hurt anything by changing the settings, as you can always change it back.

    Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

  8. #8
    Kamran Mukhtar is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Rawalpindi, Pakistan
    Posts
    7
    Liked
    0 times
    Blackberry 9700
    Smartphone (3G, Wi-Fi)
    V 5.0.0.593(Platform 5.1.0.147)
    3G Bands 1,4,8

  9. #9
    ghostryder's Avatar
    ghostryder is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow ghostryder On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Northern California
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    6.0.0.706
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Posts
    980
    Liked
    225 times
    It appears that your device settings are correct. I believe you need to contact your provider, Ufone, and have them check the data plan against the SIM card settings. Have them make sure that the SIM card has been setup for your data plan. I have heard of users that have bought a phone from someone and the SIM card was setup with the previous data plan. When a new data plan was activated, the provider forgot to issue a new SIM card because the phone already had one.

    In other words, I think that the phone's SIM card is not setup correctly.
    Joe Jerde likes this.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”
    Eleanor Roosevelt

  10. #10
    Kamran Mukhtar is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Rawalpindi, Pakistan
    Posts
    7
    Liked
    0 times
    i have upgraded my bb9700 to latest os6, today i had detail discussion with my Ufone rep. he told me tht your mobile is not register with blackberry,

    so i went to host routing table in options and register now, i have done this and it says registration message sent, but nothing ever happens after that.

    i also run Device Diagnostic test, and report is given below for your kind review.

    Device Type; Black berry 9700
    Application Version: V6.0.0344
    Platform Version: 6.6.0.50
    Service Book:WPTCP, BROWSERcONFIG, RIM_IM, Keynego
    Free File Space; 83628465Bytes
    Redio Data Activation: Yes
    Signal Level: -82 dBM
    Radio Access: EDGE
    Network:UFONE
    IP Adress: 10.XXX.7.XX
    ICMP Ping Echo: Yes
    Blackberry Registration: NO
    Connected to Blackberry: Abort
    Blackberry PIN-PIN: Abort

    and one more thing that my Ufone Rep told me that unlock Blackberries are again block and there IMEI are also block, Please advice how to register my blackberry 9700,

  11. #11
    ghostryder's Avatar
    ghostryder is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow ghostryder On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Northern California
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    6.0.0.706
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Posts
    980
    Liked
    225 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamran Mukhtar View Post
    i have upgraded my bb9700 to latest os6, today i had detail discussion with my Ufone rep. he told me tht your mobile is not register with blackberry,

    so i went to host routing table in options and register now, i have done this and it says registration message sent, but nothing ever happens after that.

    i also run Device Diagnostic test, and report is given below for your kind review.

    Device Type; Black berry 9700
    Application Version: V6.0.0344
    Platform Version: 6.6.0.50
    Service Book:WPTCP, BROWSERcONFIG, RIM_IM, Keynego
    Free File Space; 83628465Bytes
    Redio Data Activation: Yes
    Signal Level: -82 dBM
    Radio Access: EDGE
    Network:UFONE
    IP Adress: 10.XXX.7.XX
    ICMP Ping Echo: Yes
    Blackberry Registration: NO
    Connected to Blackberry: Abort
    Blackberry PIN-PIN: Abort

    and one more thing that my Ufone Rep told me that unlock Blackberries are again block and there IMEI are also block, Please advice how to register my blackberry 9700,
    First thing I see (marked in red) is that our phone is still showing that it is not registered. So do this for me. With your phone on, remove the battery and let it sit for a minute or two. Replace the battery, turn your phone back on and run Device Diagnostic test, looking for the item I highlighted in red. If it still shows "Blackberry Registration: NO", you'll have to attempt registration again. Once you send the registration, you should receive confirmation very quickly, depending on your signal strength.
    Also, the rep is incorrect about your phone being relocked. Once it is unlocked, it is always unlocked. the only way that it would be relocked is by the manufacturer to physically re-flash the device.

    Let us know the results.
    Joe Jerde likes this.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”
    Eleanor Roosevelt

  12. #12
    Kamran Mukhtar is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Rawalpindi, Pakistan
    Posts
    7
    Liked
    0 times
    Registration fails again & again, unable to receive confirmation messages, Is there any other way to register with BB

  13. #13
    Joe Jerde's Avatar
    Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    10.0.9.2743
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    7,812
    Liked
    1502 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamran Mukhtar View Post
    Registration fails again & again, unable to receive confirmation messages, Is there any other way to register with BB
    At this point I would recommend bringing the device to the technician for your carrier. It's seems like nothing is working for this phone. It could be damaged in the hardware, or there may be something being overlooked. There are many possibilities. Bring the phone in and get some opinions on it. Good luck.
    ghostryder and csussen like this.

    Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

Similar Threads

  1. Application with Grid Menu - Developers Required
    By Sam428 in forum BlackBerry Apps
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-05-2011, 07:08 AM
  2. PROBLEM - EDGE or 3G
    By avrizzi in forum BlackBerry Curve 3G 9300/9330
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-04-2011, 04:52 PM
  3. 4.7.1.42 on ATT network/ EDGE/edge issues fixed?
    By greystealth in forum 9630 Operating Software
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-09-2009, 05:56 PM
  4. ATT Browser edge,EDGE issues after 4.7.0.148 update
    By Kinitoki in forum 9530/9500 Operating Software
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 06-19-2009, 11:58 PM
  5. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-17-2009, 11:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •