My appointment reminder no longer works and the memory seems to have a leak.

Thread: My appointment reminder no longer works and the memory seems to have a leak.

Jan van Vugt is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    24C69922
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Liked
    11 times

My appointment reminder no longer works and the memory seems to have a leak.

:no: I have a Rogers BlackBerry 9700 and have updated to the latest official OS. The phone seems to have severe problems with memory management. The memory for application storage is 256 MB. After a battery pull, I will have 21.6 MB free. This free memory seems to disappear as the day wears on. Many times the memory will leak down to "0" and a message will pop up suggesting that I should remove some programs to free up some more memory. A battery pull will return me to 21.6 MB free. WHY ?????. I never had this problem with the original OS.

A second and more significant problem has just come up. I depend on my BlackBerry to remind me of upcoming appointments. The calendar alert has just stopped working. This happened just after I installed “BeBuzz”. My son has BeBuzz installed on his BlackBerry Pearl and it works just fine. I have uninstalled BeBuzz and still have the problem. I have checked all the settings and found nothing wrong. Now I have reinstalled the OS and the alert problem with the calendar still persists. Have others found the same problem on the 9700?

Reinstalling the OS has freed up almost 10 MB of application memory, but the memory leak still persists. I have bought 2 memory management programs, but they don’t seem to work. Does anybody out there have a solution to my BlackBerry problems?
    Last edited by Jan van Vugt; 04-23-2011 at 12:08 PM.

ice2921 is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow ice2921 On Twitter
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Liked
    754 times
    Hello Jan,

I would suggest that you revert back to your previous operating system by performing a clean wipe. Then upgrading your device by following our tutorial found here:

http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...es-videos.html

Please remember to backup your device first. There is instruction on how to backup your device as well in that tutorial. Please post back after you have done that so we can see if you memory leak is still happening.
    Joe Jerde likes this.

Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1502 times
    To add, Berry Buzz issue could be a conflict in settings. I know that to use these types of apps, you must disable your default phone alert settings so that the 3rd party alert app can take over properly.

Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone