1 times

whats the best OS 6 for 9700 ?

hi ,

i just wanna know the best OS 6 ,

we have more than 1 leake OS !!

and , i dont know whats the best OS and have a few problems or dont have

current OS : 5.0.0.979 ~> AMAZING and NO PROBLEMS

thnx

Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1502 times
    I went ahead and tweeted this for you on @BlackBerryOS to get some votes in here.

From feedback on the site they all have a few bugs. I have heard good things about 6.0.0.358.

Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

Vecharo is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow Vecharo On Twitter
    Device
    Bold 9900
    OS
    OS 7.1
    Liked
    16 times
    .424. at least for me. all of them have the mem leak, but .424. is solid. no browser issues, none of the sms/email issues (where replying from a 3rd party program wouldn't let the reply go through; you would have to escape and go back in)
    i have 32 apps installed and have about 89mb free. i'm about to do a security wipe since i've loaded and deleted some apps lately and just want to see what i get back :-) i think i should really be at about 94 with these apps installed. we'll see....
    Joe Jerde likes this.
    Follow me on Twitter: @vecharo

rakan is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow rakan On Twitter
    PIN
    ask to get
    Device
    Curve 9360
    OS
    Carrier
    Student at KAU
    Liked
    1 times
    thnx guys, but ....

Unfortunately

i tried the OS & dont like it , i prefer the 5 OS

and i saw something

5.0 4 ever
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails whats the best OS 6 for 9700 ?-capture7_17_2.jpg   whats the best OS 6 for 9700 ?-capture5_44_50.jpg  

setuid is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie Follow setuid On Twitter
    PIN
    21BE16BC
    Device
    BlackBerry Bold 9700
    OS
    OS5
    Liked
    2 times
    I tried OS6 on my Bold 9700 for a full day, before I reverted back to OS5 (.979). OS6 is big, cluttered and ugly, and that silly popup panel (does it have a name yet?) gets in the way more than it helps..

Everything is bounded by 6+ pixels of border and boundary around it for the default buttons, selectors and other navigational items. For example, the Inbox for mail shows about 10 items (using the smallest font available), but under OS5 with the default theme, I get about 23 items. The difference is VERY significant.

It also takes a lot more button presses with OS6 to get to the same places that OS5 was clean and clear at getting to.

IMHO, OS6 (for non-touchscreen devices) is a major, major step backwards.

I'm downloading Them Studio 5.0 and 6.0b2, in an effort to see if I can't rip most of that out of the core UI, and make it look like it does on OS5 (lean, fast menus, buttons that don't take up 1/3 of the screen, and so on).

If I can unscrew what OS6 looks like with some themeing and programming, I'll test going back to it... but for now, OS5 is lightyears ahead in speed and productivity on a Bold 9700 device.
    Joe Jerde and abprince69 like this.

Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1502 times
    Quote Originally Posted by setuid View Post
    I tried OS6 on my Bold 9700 for a full day, before I reverted back to OS5 (.979). OS6 is big, cluttered and ugly, and that silly popup panel (does it have a name yet?) gets in the way more than it helps..

Everything is bounded by 6+ pixels of border and boundary around it for the default buttons, selectors and other navigational items. For example, the Inbox for mail shows about 10 items (using the smallest font available), but under OS5 with the default theme, I get about 23 items. The difference is VERY significant.

It also takes a lot more button presses with OS6 to get to the same places that OS5 was clean and clear at getting to.

I'm downloading Them Studio 5.0 and 6.0b2, in an effort to see if I can't rip most of that out of the core UI, and make it look like it does on OS5 (lean, fast menus, buttons that don't take up 1/3 of the screen, and so on).

If I can unscrew what OS6 looks like with some themeing and programming, I'll test going back to it... but for now, OS5 is lightyears ahead in speed and productivity on a Bold 9700 device.
    If most of what you have issue with is just UI, then Theme Studio should be able to remedy most of your discrepancies.

giorgosh is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    Bold
    OS
    Liked
    2 times
    I tried one of the first versions of OS6 for 9700 however I was dissapointed from the performance and the convenience of the new menu! My only concern is that I see that most RIM updates for FB app, BBM and BB maps are released only for OS6 and really don't know what OS to leave on my device!
    Joe Jerde likes this.

deci10 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow deci10 On Twitter
    PIN
    22eece51
    Device
    Bold 9700 Onyx
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    OS 6 .448 works smooth in my BB 9700
    Joe Jerde likes this.

jaymisamis is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    288972b7
    Device
    OS
    Carrier
    Smart Communications
    Liked
    1 times
    OS 6 (all versions) are killing the phone memory for nothing... you did not download applications, yet memories are decreasing for no reason at all... 5.0.0.979 is the best OS yet, so far...
    pravin likes this.

Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1502 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymisamis View Post
    OS 6 (all versions) are killing the phone memory for nothing... you did not download applications, yet memories are decreasing for no reason at all... 5.0.0.979 is the best OS yet, so far...
    Seems like it's very much how one perceives what a good OS is as I've been hearing OS 6 is really bad on devices the released with OS 5, or really bad.

JSC
    JSC is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    21B473B7
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Official 6.0.0.461 runs very well after using BBOS Shrinker version 2 to eliminate all the unwanted games and added applications that take up space and speed of operation. This Latest build is solid without memory leaks or bugs that have been in earlier versions. I have installed the full os and the reduced version without any problem. Be prepared for a clean wipe and reinstall 3rd party apps if your back up includes the full load of stuff that comes without the Shrinker use. The speed is most likely the greatest asset and a few useful apps will not show any major difference. Tough to get others to report their experience with OS 6+ on the BB 9700 for some reason. My experience with these upgraded os versions keep me from wasting money on what BB is offering right now. I can use this 9700 without missing anything until the better units come out of RIM development.
    joepa 3/6/11
    Joe Jerde likes this.

Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1502 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JSC View Post
    Official 6.0.0.461 runs very well after using BBOS Shrinker version 2 to eliminate all the unwanted games and added applications that take up space and speed of operation. This Latest build is solid without memory leaks or bugs that have been in earlier versions. I have installed the full os and the reduced version without any problem. Be prepared for a clean wipe and reinstall 3rd party apps if your back up includes the full load of stuff that comes without the Shrinker use. The speed is most likely the greatest asset and a few useful apps will not show any major difference. Tough to get others to report their experience with OS 6+ on the BB 9700 for some reason. My experience with these upgraded os versions keep me from wasting money on what BB is offering right now. I can use this 9700 without missing anything until the better units come out of RIM development.
    joepa 3/6/11
    Good point, refine what you already have until a solid OS hits the streets.
    pravin likes this.

Sami Addam is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow Sami Addam On Twitter
    PIN
    Device
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by setuid View Post

Quote Originally Posted by rakan View Post
    thnx guys, but ....

Unfortunately

i tried the OS & dont like it , i prefer the 5 OS

and i saw something

5.0 4 ever
    Quote Originally Posted by rakan View Post
    hi ,

i just wanna know the best OS 6 ,

we have more than 1 leake OS !!

and , i dont know whats the best OS and have a few problems or dont have

current OS : 5.0.0.979 ~> AMAZING and NO PROBLEMS

thnx
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Jerde View Post
    If most of what you have issue with is just UI, then Theme Studio should be able to remedy most of your discrepancies.
    Quote Originally Posted by giorgosh View Post
    I tried one of the first versions of OS6 for 9700 however I was dissapointed from the performance and the convenience of the new menu! My only concern is that I see that most RIM updates for FB app, BBM and BB maps are released only for OS6 and really don't know what OS to leave on my device!
    Quote Originally Posted by deci10 View Post
    OS 6 .448 works smooth in my BB 9700
    Seems like it's very much how one perceives what a good OS is as I've been hearing OS 6 is really bad on devices the released with OS 5, or really bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSC View Post
    joepa 3/6/11
    Good point, refine what you already have until a solid OS hits the streets.

the best os for the bb 9700 is 5.0.0.1014 !!!!!!!!! even better from OS 6 still to come more OS 5 is the bomb babe haha
    pravin and richardhs like this.

pravin is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    bold 9780
    OS
    OS 6.0.0.600
    Carrier
    Idea
    Liked
    3 times
    I think tha latest one os 6.0.0.534 is better but main problem is not solve " the application memory is only 80mb" and app comparability to os 6 with os 5
    Joe Jerde likes this.

Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1502 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pravin View Post
    I think tha latest one os 6.0.0.534 is better but main problem is not solve " the application memory is only 80mb" and app comparability to os 6 with os 5
    The only way to fix that would be to shrink the OS to add more space for memory.

Compatibility is mainly dependent on the developer to update their apps.
    pravin likes this.

swimmer_ryry is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    os6
    Liked
    2 times
    Where did u download .979???

Bold97 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    Liked
    3 times
    THE BEST OS 6 IS THE 9700M_PBr6.0.0_rel2475_PL6.6.0.207_A6.0.0.546_Voda fone_UK, (SO VERSION 6.0.0.546) FROM VODAFONE UK.
    IT HAS NO MEMORY LEAKS LIKE THE OTHERS AND WORKS LIKE A CHARM,,,I CAN SAY THAT CAUSE I HAVE TESTED THEM ALL EVEN THE SAME VERSION FROM ANOTHER VENDOR....THE TAIWAN VERSION OF THE SAME RELEASE STILL GOT SOME MEMORY LEAKS.
    AND BEST PART>>>> ITS OFFICIAL NOT LEAKED VERSION..
    Joe Jerde likes this.

ghostryder is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow ghostryder On Twitter
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Liked
    225 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bold97 View Post
    THE BEST OS 6 IS THE 9700M_PBr6.0.0_rel2475_PL6.6.0.207_A6.0.0.546_Voda fone_UK, (SO VERSION 6.0.0.546) FROM VODAFONE UK.
    IT HAS NO MEMORY LEAKS LIKE THE OTHERS AND WORKS LIKE A CHARM,,,I CAN SAY THAT CAUSE I HAVE TESTED THEM ALL EVEN THE SAME VERSION FROM ANOTHER VENDOR....THE TAIWAN VERSION OF THE SAME RELEASE STILL GOT SOME MEMORY LEAKS.
    AND BEST PART>>>> ITS OFFICIAL NOT LEAKED VERSION..
    Welcome to Bold97. I see that you like electronics and I'm sure you will be very helpful to other members here.
    While you're bouncing around the forum, please give the BlackBerryOS Rules and Guidelines a read, sit back and enjoy probably the best BlackBerry forums in the net. The moderators here as well as some of our members are up to speed regarding BlackBerry devices, so we got you covered there.
    Maybe we can tap on your shoulder if we have any deep computer questions?
    Anyway, welcome home and have fun.
    Why don't you pop over to the New Members thread and say hi.
    Last edited by ghostryder; 05-19-2011 at 02:31 PM.
    Bold97 likes this.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Zamkato is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow Zamkato On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    Carrier
    Airtel
    Liked
    4 times

It i very stable and has NO memory leaks...

Yvonnewa is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Liked
    1 times
    Last edited by Yvonnewa; 06-09-2011 at 03:35 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast