Your device had a problem connecting to the server - HELP!

Thread: Your device had a problem connecting to the server - HELP!

EXPENSIVELADY is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    BOLD 9700
    Liked
    1 times

Your device had a problem connecting to the server - HELP!

Hi there
    I am a complete idiot with mobiles and I have inherited my new Bold 9700. It was previously locked to Orange UK and then unlocked and put on contract with SFR in France. It has confirmed it has been registered but I cannot link an email address. I have had a look through a previous thread on this but it gets a bit technical for me!!:Eyecrazy:

What I think I have gleaned though is that it maybe a problem because it was unlocked????

Can anyone shed any light in plain english please!

Regards

Hodges is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    312939D8
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    First and foremost are you paying for a Data plan with your Carrier?

Device
    BOLD 9700
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi there
    I am not sure what a Data Plan is but I am assuming it is access to email/internet?? If so then yes I am paying for unlimited access to both and can log onto the internet but not register an email address.

joshjamie is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow joshjamie On Twitter
    PIN
    Bell
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by EXPENSIVELADY View Post
    Hi there
    I am not sure what a Data Plan is but I am assuming it is access to email/internet?? If so then yes I am paying for unlimited access to both and can log onto the internet but not register an email address.
    How have you tried to add your email to your device?

Have you created a BIS account? If not, try adding an email through the BIS account. I believe the following link is the one you are looking for. Just sign up and follow the prompts. Once you have created the account, go into the email tab and then create an email address. Use the one that you would like to add to your device. It will walk you through everything.

https://vodafr.blackberry.com/

Device
    BOLD 9700
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi there

Yes I have tried this several times and this message keeps popping up even though I have a message on the phone that says it is registered...
    Cannot create account:

This BlackBerry(R) device is not registered with your wireless service provider.
    Please register this device and verify that the URL of the current web site matches
    the one provided by your wireless service provider.

To register:

1. In the Application list on your device, click Options, or click Settings Options.

2. Click Advanced Options > Host Routing Table.

3. Click the Menu key and click Register Now.

If the error persists, contact your wireless service provider.

The gal in the phone shop has done her best but she doesn't speak a word of english and the language cannot be changed on the phone but to be honest I think she has exhausted the limits of her knowledge language aside.

I am beginning to think this is an un-sortable problem!
    :aargh4:

Faerydae is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    8520 Curve
    Liked
    0 times
    hi, I'm having the same problem, after waiting overnight to get a message saying my device is registered I've managed to register for BIS

but my phones still saying this same message when I try to set up my email and when I try to access bb facebook I get "you are currently on a service plan that does not support this application" I have an unlimited data plan and thought that now I'm registered for BIS that I could do these things?

help

Device
    BOLD 9700
    Liked
    1 times
    In the end the shop spoke to Blackberry who said the phone had to be reconfigured for France. So it is in the shop as we speak.

Sorry can't be of more help.
    Joe Jerde likes this.

michaelyoungjay is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    218ebca6
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    im having the same problem but i got the phone from my dad and currently using it in jamaica. but i cant access the bb messenger , bb facebook nor the internet i have try many thing like u did...i think doe and keep getting the same result, so can u or anyone help me an tell me whats the problem plz? ohh one more thing what do you mean by your phone got to be reconfigured ?

Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1503 times
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelyoungjay View Post
    im having the same problem but i got the phone from my dad and currently using it in jamaica. but i cant access the bb messenger , bb facebook nor the internet i have try many thing like u did...i think doe and keep getting the same result, so can u or anyone help me an tell me whats the problem plz? ohh one more thing what do you mean by your phone got to be reconfigured ?
    Sounds like you are missing a Data Plan from your service provider.

Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

michaelyoungjay is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    218ebca6
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    i spoke with them and they told me they dont see my phone on the network but they see the i have active my data plan. they also tell me to take my phone to the phone shop cause it might be data lock, i dont know what they mean by data lock. do u have any idea ?