mrpenaflor is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    229C7B15
    Device
    Blackberry 9700
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    How come there is no option to add a number to an existing contact?

Eg. You received an SMS from a no. that is not in your contacts when you add to contacts there is no option to add to an existing contact. Is it just me or there is way to do this?

tofs is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Liked
    0 times
    I also have the same problem, maybe it was meant to be like that or they forgot to include it yet.

Also, when I am in the contacts, BB button and middle button doesnt do anything, I need to hold the middle button for the options, was meant to be like that?

Hodges is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    312939D8
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy2bob View Post
    I am unable to change the theme on my OS6 - was a problem from the start, but it still exists.

I have several OS6 themes installed, but I am unable to select any in:

Options -> Display -> Screen Display

I only have 'BB6 for Vodafone (Active)' visible.

I am also unable to use Blurts in OS6 and it is driving me mad!! I have reverted back to OS5 to test and it works fine... any ideas??

Thanks!
    Are you trying to change to a native theme or a custom theme? If it's a custom theme, I don't believe there are any themes released for OS 6 and this device but I could be wrong.

PIN
    312939D8
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpenaflor View Post
    How come there is no option to add a number to an existing contact?

Eg. You received an SMS from a no. that is not in your contacts when you add to contacts there is no option to add to an existing contact. Is it just me or there is way to do this?
    This is one issue that I have always complained about myself.. I have a s2 using OS 5 but I'm still in the same boat. To be quite honest I do not believe there is any other way besides, dialing the number within your sms application like you were going to txt it to someone, don't send it though obviously just copy it and then edit your contact info and paste the number where you want it. This has been my solution for a long while. If someone comes in here and says there is a much simpler way I think I will at:

jimmy2bob is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    9700 Bold
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodges View Post
    Are you trying to change to a native theme or a custom theme? If it's a custom theme, I don't believe there are any themes released for OS 6 and this device but I could be wrong.
    I am wanting to use this 'Paper Theme' amongst others.

BlackBerry App World - Paper Theme

The screen shots would suggest that it is compatible with OS6? Oh well!

maerklin is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daifex View Post
    Hi all...
    I have installed the update since the first 6 update but i have not been able to browse on my browse in any the update. Any help on how to resolve this...
    Thanks

Go to Option --> Device --> Advanced System settings --> Service Books, make sure only 1 (one) Blackberry Internet Browsing Service, if find 2 Blackberry Internet Browsing Service delete it.

joshjamie is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow joshjamie On Twitter
    PIN
    Bell
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Liked
    15 times
    I am unable to change the theme on my OS6 - was a problem from the start, but it still exists.

I have several OS6 themes installed, but I am unable to select any in:

Options -> Display -> Screen Display

I only have 'BB6 for Vodafone (Active)' visible.

I am also unable to use Blurts in OS6 and it is driving me mad!! I have reverted back to OS5 to test and it works fine... any ideas??

Thanks!
    Do you not see all of your themes when you scroll right to the bottom?

PIN
    312939D8
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    I am wanting to use this 'Paper Theme' amongst others.

BlackBerry App World - Paper Theme

The screen shots would suggest that it is compatible with OS6? Oh well!
    No I stand corrected!! Says it supports all models and 4.5+. I haven't had the pleasure of playing with OS 6 just going off what I know. Learn something new everyday

jimmy2bob is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    9700 Bold
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by joshjamie View Post
    Do you not see all of your themes when you scroll right to the bottom?
    Sadly not, just the one Vodafone OS6 Theme.

I have removed the themes, rebooted, installed, rebooted again and still no joy.

rog518za is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow rog518za On Twitter Add rog518za on Facebook
    PIN
    28C71881
    Device
    Torch 2 & PB
    OS
    7.1 & PB 2.0.1
    Liked
    4 times
    been using OS6 leaks for a while, get excellent 198KB/s downloads through 3G in my ares (Jo;burg, RSA), UI is much better than standard OS5 it came with... yes FB does picks it up as a Curve 3G, but who cares it's running really well... the only thing that wierd is that in Message notifiers don't include FB after upgrade from 380... but it's not the end of the whole... all my BB friends are envious of my Bold, so RIM rocks, lets get the official one out before xmas, come one now!

traiesteperfect is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Liked
    0 times
    There is one very important feature that the bold OS6 doesn't have and it makes it and every other OS6 device useless for business. I'll never buy for this reason a bold 9780 becouse it has no use for business; The feature that I'm talking about is this:
    Contacts universal search: when you have a business, advertising in may case, and when you have over 1000 contacts on your phone, mostly supplyers, contractors, material manufactureres, designers etc, you can't remember all of them by name or company! That is why there is an important option to add a NOTE field for each contact, where I can specify the key elements that interest me about that contact (for example John from XYZ Print Inc. has good prices on this materials: mesh, banner, 300g paper and all outdoor materials). I can make a note for this contact with these key words: outdoor, print, mesh. In this way, if I want to search my contacts agenda for a good mesh supplier, I'll type search MESH and all the contacts that manufacture this material will apear in results based on the note filed. This is the most usefull feature on a smartphone in my opinion: NOKIA E71 has it, E72, Nokia Communicator has it, Blackberyy 9700 has it with OS.5
    Now, this search feature doesn't exist in OS6 and this makes the device useles in my opinion.
    PS: Universal Search for blackberry OS6 isn't universal !!!!

Device
    Liked
    0 times
    confirmed and tested traiesteperfect's. messed around with the setting still not avail to search notes on contacts. Maybe there is another one OS coming or the official release would fix it, though I have no idea if the "leak" for testing and official release, when they have the exact same number is the same.

I sure hope they officially release the OS 6 for 9700.

Donrobbery is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    218d9526
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    0S 6
    Liked
    0 times

videos no sound

Videos still play without sound which is quite annoying. Memory still leaks but not as bad as before. Web browser could be just a little bit faster

anumaan is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi all,

The major issues I faced so far are:
    1) Cannot open multiple tabs when browsing the internet, which seems to be a memory issue, as it displays not enough virtual memory or something like that and close all the browsers.
    2) My App Memory keeps decreasing until a restart and back to normal 70 MB
    3) My cursor goes away if I speed up my scrolling through the songs section, as if I have noting to select.

Except the above all seems pretty smooth and handy. Overall 7/10 for this release.

Also the battery problem has not yet resolved.

Thanks,

sliders7 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow sliders7 On Twitter
    Device
    Monza 9860
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by anumaan View Post
    Hi all,

The major issues I faced so far are:
    1) Cannot open multiple tabs when browsing the internet, which seems to be a memory issue, as it displays not enough virtual memory or something like that and close all the browsers.
    2) My App Memory keeps decreasing until a restart and back to normal 70 MB
    3) My cursor goes away if I speed up my scrolling through the songs section, as if I have noting to select.

Except the above all seems pretty smooth and handy. Overall 7/10 for this release.

Also the battery problem has not yet resolved.

Thanks,
    All Above 100% confirmed !!
    When i scroll quite fast my cursor gone... this is give me real headache.
    some of the application doesn't shows cursor at all.
    Last edited by sliders7; 12-27-2010 at 08:47 AM.
    - If you could reason with religious people, there will be no religious people ~ Dr.House MD
    - Patience is not passive, it's Concentrated Strength ~ Bruce Lee

Device
    Liked
    0 times
    when I open the OS6 browser, i type in the adress bar and click the middle button. The first one highlighted is the "search in google" option. Didn't need to go to the google website. Never encountered battery problem before or just didn't notice it as I always charge everyday. My battery runs out so fast because I only use 3G and sometimes WIFI.

akainzo is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    21c5ec79
    Device
    bold 9700
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

facebook issues

This OS is fab.I was using 6.0.0.358 for a while now befor I downloaded .418 thinking my facebook can come back to life,but it is still the same issue.after each log in into my FB account,I always get the that my log in has expired,that ii should re-log in after about 30 seconds.I deleted the FB app and downloaded another,but same story.what can I do to resolve this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12