Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

PIN
    32feda0e
    Device
    9930/PB
    OS
    Carrier
    MTN Nigeria
    Please i'll like to know if there is still a memory leak on this version like the .344

Device
    Bold 9900
    OS
    OS 7.1
    Yes there is still a memory leak. A few minutes ago I was at 15.8MB, now I'm at 16.6MB memory loss. These are my apps below. Also it's important to note that today I haven't used the phone a lot except for a quick call. In general I would consider myself a moderately high user. I usually don't have to do a batt pull or reboot throughout the day but by the end of the day I'm at a 35MB memory loss.

APPS:
    1. 7 Digital
    2. BerryBuzz
    3. BerryPop
    4. BerryWeather
    5. App World
    6. BB Maps
    7. BB Podcasts
    8. BB Traffic
    9. BN Ereader
    10. CardStar
    11. Docs to Go 2.0
    12. Driphter Mobile Launcher
    13. eGPS
    14. FileScout Lite
    15. Google Maps 4.5.1
    16. Hangman
    17. Kik
    18. Lexulous
    19. MaraTick
    20. Memory Booster (this came w/ the OS and I did see a difference when I installed it. Still a leak, but a little less than w/o using it)
    21. MeterBerry
    22. Noah Bible Study
    23. nux_com OTA Downloader (I forgot I had this on there! Doing this is like finding change in the couch! lol)
    24. PDF to Go (part of docs to go)
    25. Poynt
    26. QuickLaunch
    27. QuickPull 5 (if you use QP and don't have this...get it! QuickPull for BlackBerry by Steelthorn Software)
    28. Quick Pull Lib (necessary for QP)
    29. QuickPull Rebooter (also necessary)
    30. Slacker
    31. SocialScope
    32. SplashID
    33. Mobihand Superstore
    34. Tether
    35. unRar
    36. White Noise
    37. Wireless music sync
    38. Word Search

With all this loaded after a quick pull I have 60 MB and my boot up is about 2 min and 20 secs.
    yeah, yeah, yeah...I need to trim down these apps. At one point when I was on the 9000 I had about 51 apps. PLUS in the list above we should really not count the QP modules. It isn't like I intentionally loaded them. Plus I've gotten rid of a couple #dontjudgeme. LOL. oh craps! i forgot to load Collapse Chaos! oh the horror of it all!

PIN
    21ed7052
    Device
    OS
    v5.0.0.586
    hi, i was trying to install os6 and reaches problem as following: most of apps installed before on os5 now refuse to run on os6, BDM6 refuse to restore backup of contacts and settings. so my conclusion about os6 is - to early to try it, looks nice , but so many bugs inside. thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vecharo View Post
    Yes there is still a memory leak. A few minutes ago I was at 15.8MB, now I'm at 16.6MB memory loss. These are my apps below. Also it's important to note that today I haven't used the phone a lot except for a quick call. In general I would consider myself a moderately high user. I usually don't have to do a batt pull or reboot throughout the day but by the end of the day I'm at a 35MB memory loss.

APPS:
    1. 7 Digital
    2. BerryBuzz
    3. BerryPop
    4. BerryWeather
    5. App World
    6. BB Maps
    7. BB Podcasts
    8. BB Traffic
    9. BN Ereader
    10. CardStar
    11. Docs to Go 2.0
    12. Driphter Mobile Launcher
    13. eGPS
    14. FileScout Lite
    15. Google Maps 4.5.1
    16. Hangman
    17. Kik
    18. Lexulous
    19. MaraTick
    20. Memory Booster (this came w/ the OS and I did see a difference when I installed it. Still a leak, but a little less than w/o using it)
    21. MeterBerry
    22. Noah Bible Study
    23. nux_com OTA Downloader (I forgot I had this on there! Doing this is like finding change in the couch! lol)
    24. PDF to Go (part of docs to go)
    25. Poynt
    26. QuickLaunch
    27. QuickPull 5 (if you use QP and don't have this...get it! QuickPull for BlackBerry by Steelthorn Software)
    28. Quick Pull Lib (necessary for QP)
    29. QuickPull Rebooter (also necessary)
    30. Slacker
    31. SocialScope
    32. SplashID
    33. Mobihand Superstore
    34. Tether
    35. unRar
    36. White Noise
    37. Wireless music sync
    38. Word Search

With all this loaded after a quick pull I have 60 MB and my boot up is about 2 min and 20 secs.
    yeah, yeah, yeah...I need to trim down these apps. At one point when I was on the 9000 I had about 51 apps. PLUS in the list above we should really not count the QP modules. It isn't like I intentionally loaded them. Plus I've gotten rid of a couple #dontjudgeme. LOL. oh craps! i forgot to load Collapse Chaos! oh the horror of it all!
    Posted via mobile device

I found out about lot of more bugs lately.
    I'll list them.
    -Memory Leak (sometimes returns)
    -Video Recorder won't work
    -As i said WLM and BBM pictures load to much
    -Youtube doesn't work (anymore)
    -Camera doesn't apply to it's settings.
    -Profile doesn't apply to it's settings.

Other then that i would like a Silence profile ,not just on Vibrate.

EDIT:
    @ machone

My battery life seems to be improved
    When i get up at 7:30 it used to be already dead at 14:00 (Same with my other BB)
    Now i can use it all day without any trouble.

EDIT 2: I now hat 92 MB all of the sudden ,yesterday it still was 46. I downloaded Memory Boost ,hope it will work
    Last edited by keessultan; 11-25-2010 at 04:17 PM.

Device
    Bold 9900
    OS
    OS 7.1
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdj View Post
    hi, i was trying to install os6 and reaches problem as following: most of apps installed before on os5 now refuse to run on os6, BDM6 refuse to restore backup of contacts and settings. so my conclusion about os6 is - to early to try it, looks nice , but so many bugs inside. thanks

Posted via mobile device
    you may have to go to the vendor site and re-download the app. what specific app is not working on OS6? as you can see, i was able to get all of the ones listed above to work.

Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    Hello!
    im new in this site.

i want to thank to everyone who participate on the problems of the users, and help us to solve it.

im using the .358 and keep having the battery drain from 35% to 8%. Anyone know if theres some way to fix it?

thanx!
    Last edited by qfedesq; 11-28-2010 at 03:39 PM.

I reinstalled my o.s ,and it works much better now
    - Memory leak = GONE!
    - BBM / WLM Pictures now load good

I now got a new issue ,somethimes my BB just freezes out of nowhere.
    It's mostly not to long maybe 1 minute or so. (Never needed battery pull for it)
    And i've been rocking SocialFeeds :banana:

Device
    Work great with my 9700. I love it.
    Install direct from AppLoader folder and it update succesfull. Not work for the first update from BB Desktop. I downgrade to OS 5.0.0.743 and download the OS 6.0.0.358 one more time.
    Thanks guys.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast