Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

landog is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    guys if i do an upgrade (fresh install or simple upgrade) do i need to reactivate BES or will it automatically download BES config?

I did get some 602 errors last week - http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/dynam...C&kcId=KB23950

p.s. rim on .344 i cant scroll right and left in calendar day view.
    Last edited by landog; 11-22-2010 at 03:16 AM. Reason: new stuff

zzappe is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    210434D7
    Device
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by landog View Post
    guys if i do an upgrade (fresh install or simple upgrade) do i need to reactivate BES or will it automatically download BES config?

I did get some 602 errors last week - KB23950-App Error 602 appears on the BlackBerry smartphone

p.s. rim on .344 i cant scroll right and left in calendar day view.

You will definetly need to reactivate BES (update / fresh install) there is no way to keep you active in BES doing a change of the OS.

Regards

mcbain113 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Hi folks,

Trying to install this one and I'm getting an error message when I try to update the device. I get to the screen where you backup and add your email if you want updates etc... I click install and a message that says there was an error updating your device. One or modules could not be resolved. I have done a full wipe of the device and I get the same error. I'm upgradeing from 6.0.0.344. Anyone else seeing this?

machone is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    storm 9500 & 9700 (os 6)
    OS

O/s 6.0.0 .358

Did a wipe and install from .344. working smoothly, however battery life seems to be not good. Battery down from 95% to 85% in a couple of minutes with minimal use, I did do three reboots- don't know if that had anything to do with it. Memory is better ended up 93.+ MB from 79MB with same apps. Browser is slow, love the tabbed browsing but slow.
    Email and BBM and SMS good so far.
    Another issue - cannot sort address book by first name.

*EDIT* Browser is pretty quick on Wi-Fi, will continue to monitor battery usage, seems pretty week right now, down to 75% in 20 mins
    Last edited by machone; 11-22-2010 at 08:11 PM.

TheOneRico is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    Device
    9810 + Playbook
    OS
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Well, I tried this update several times, but so far no luck. I'm on T-Mo USA.

I removed the T-Mo theme and Vendor.xml, it loads fine and runs great. After I reboot the device (after re-installing any app from App Store) the theme goes wonky, i.e. it is back to the white screen (same as with the T-Mo theme) and I can't get it to work any more. When I check the installed CODs with BBSAK, the standard net_rim_theme_BlackBerry6_480x360_b_01 (6.0.0.358) is still installed and is the only one on the device. I've done an upgrade as well as a clean install and keep getting the same.

I'm trying a clean install one more time, re-installing apps one at a time with a reboot each time, to see what will cause this problem. But if anyone else has already run into this or knows of a fix, I'd very much like to hear it!

Xfercns is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    OS 6.0.0.358
    Well I'm sorry that I'm not yet much help to all the members. Those that are having problems etc. I don't know enough yet, not even to point you in the right direction.

What I do know is, I'm not having any of the problems that everyones talking about.

In fact I would have to say battery life is a LOT better then the last build and maybe even better then the v5.x builds. I cant say I use it as much as others might in business environments but for everyday usage (emailing, texting, PIN and surfing the web) I have not run into any problems and no memory leaks either.

Will see how it goes over the next few days.

andych is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie Follow andych On Twitter
    PIN
    21D22ACE
    Device
    ONYX 9700
    OS
    Download Mirror for Indonesian Internet eXchange [IIX] Users *only*:
    Code:
    http://127-0-0-1.us/9700M_PBr6.0.0_rel1308_PL6.6.0.63_A6.0.0.358.rar.html

machone is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    storm 9500 & 9700 (os 6)
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by machone View Post
    Did a wipe and install from .344. working smoothly, however battery life seems to be not good. Battery down from 95% to 85% in a couple of minutes with minimal use, I did do three reboots- don't know if that had anything to do with it. Memory is better ended up 93.+ MB from 79MB with same apps. Browser is slow, love the tabbed browsing but slow.
    Email and BBM and SMS good so far.
    Another issue - cannot sort address book by first name.

*EDIT* Browser is pretty quick on Wi-Fi, will continue to monitor battery usage, seems pretty week right now, down to 75% in 20 mins
    *EDIT* battery performance seems to have settled down (12 hrs later) with only a 5% reduction and no apparent mem leaks.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast