PIN
    Device
    9810 + Playbook
    OS
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Liked
    0 times
    Well, I tried this update several times, but so far no luck. I'm on T-Mo USA.

I removed the T-Mo theme and Vendor.xml, it loads fine and runs great. After I reboot the device (after re-installing any app from App Store) the theme goes wonky, i.e. it is back to the white screen (same as with the T-Mo theme) and I can't get it to work any more. When I check the installed CODs with BBSAK, the standard net_rim_theme_BlackBerry6_480x360_b_01 (6.0.0.358) is still installed and is the only one on the device. I've done an upgrade as well as a clean install and keep getting the same.

I'm trying a clean install one more time, re-installing apps one at a time with a reboot each time, to see what will cause this problem. But if anyone else has already run into this or knows of a fix, I'd very much like to hear it!

Xfercns is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    OS 6.0.0.358
    Liked
    1 times
    Well I'm sorry that I'm not yet much help to all the members. Those that are having problems etc. I don't know enough yet, not even to point you in the right direction.

What I do know is, I'm not having any of the problems that everyones talking about.

In fact I would have to say battery life is a LOT better then the last build and maybe even better then the v5.x builds. I cant say I use it as much as others might in business environments but for everyday usage (emailing, texting, PIN and surfing the web) I have not run into any problems and no memory leaks either.

Will see how it goes over the next few days.

andych is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie Follow andych On Twitter
    PIN
    21D22ACE
    Device
    ONYX 9700
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Download Mirror for Indonesian Internet eXchange [IIX] Users *only*:
    Code:
    http://127-0-0-1.us/9700M_PBr6.0.0_rel1308_PL6.6.0.63_A6.0.0.358.rar.html

machone is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    storm 9500 & 9700 (os 6)
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by machone View Post
    Did a wipe and install from .344. working smoothly, however battery life seems to be not good. Battery down from 95% to 85% in a couple of minutes with minimal use, I did do three reboots- don't know if that had anything to do with it. Memory is better ended up 93.+ MB from 79MB with same apps. Browser is slow, love the tabbed browsing but slow.
    Email and BBM and SMS good so far.
    Another issue - cannot sort address book by first name.

*EDIT* Browser is pretty quick on Wi-Fi, will continue to monitor battery usage, seems pretty week right now, down to 75% in 20 mins
    *EDIT* battery performance seems to have settled down (12 hrs later) with only a 5% reduction and no apparent mem leaks.

tpnezlo is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    21F85738
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Help

Let me first say I am not very technically inclined but the directions given were stellar but I am running into some problems that I am hoping you tech savvy people can help with...after going through the installation process on my Tmobile 9700 a white disclaimer screen came up, I scrolled to the bottom and clicked ok. After this a quick OS6 video played after which my screen went black as if it was frozen...did a control alt delete then the Tmobile screen appeared and that is where I am currently at. Please, Please help me...for school and business purposes I can not be with out a phone and I certainly do not want to downgrade. Your help is greatly appreciated.

tpnezlo is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    21F85738
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    PS
    I am still connected via USB to my laptop. Thanks again.

mcbain113 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi Folks,

I managed to get it installed. I had to use BBSAK to wipe the OS off my device. I then used loader.exe to load the OS instead of using the desktop manager. Things are looking great now. No issues so far!

joshjamie is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow joshjamie On Twitter
    PIN
    Bell
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Xfercns View Post
    Well I'm sorry that I'm not yet much help to all the members. Those that are having problems etc. I don't know enough yet, not even to point you in the right direction.

What I do know is, I'm not having any of the problems that everyones talking about.

In fact I would have to say battery life is a LOT better then the last build and maybe even better then the v5.x builds. I cant say I use it as much as others might in business environments but for everyday usage (emailing, texting, PIN and surfing the web) I have not run into any problems and no memory leaks either.

Will see how it goes over the next few days.
    Xfercns,

You make a good point and I'll expand on it. Every blackberry will behave differently with hybrids and leaked operating systems. It depends on what you have loaded onto it (apps) and your settings. I've been using hybrids now for over a year, and have not had a problem with any of them except for anything with a Chinese base. But others have had success with the same hybrid. On the flip side, where I have had no issues at all, others have not been able to use the hybrid at all.

I'm not saying its a crap shoot, far from it. But two BB's of the same model and OS will and do behave differently.

Xfercns is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    OS 6.0.0.358
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Xfercns View Post
    http://www.sncsqld.com/Stuff/9700M_P...A6.0.0.358.zip

Right click the above link and use "Save Link As..."

Xfercns

*UPDATE* - After having used 75GB of the 60GB a month plan I have had to pull the update. I've upgraded my plan and and will re-upload the file. New future should be able to support.

BBSuperAbuser is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow BBSuperAbuser On Twitter Add BBSuperAbuser on Facebook Visit BBSuperAbuser's Youtube Channel
    PIN
    2AC197
    Device
    Zed10, PlayBook
    OS
    Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Liked
    79 times

wecataract is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    bb bold 9700
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I have experienced a memory leak of RAM with OS 6.0.0.358, which is that the memory capacity being used by OS (not by any user's applications) increases and does not recover later on. I found that the leak can occur only when browser and/or social application related to browser is used. The memory of RAM will not be back the initial amount, which is 203MB-210MB, by any applied methods, except a battery pull or running quickpull v5 or the device, on emergency, closes itself opening browsers and running applications (followed a alert that the page is too large...) that will reset the OS back to the initial status. If I close the browsers or stop the applications by myself the memory of RAM just can be back at a stable value about 258.3MB-258.4MB which allow me to do very few tasks, for example open about 5 websites pages or refresh 5 times for a website page.

Perhaps, the solution to do more tasks will be how we can reduce the above stable value of memory on the device or we can make slower increase in the memory capacity being used by OS. Any ideas to do so?

BB bold 9700 T-mobile, Os 6.0.0.358
    Last edited by wecataract; 11-27-2010 at 10:44 AM.

keessultan is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Liked
    3 times
    Mine loads awfully alot when i view BBM and WLM contactpictures,
    Other than that
    It works fine

eniga is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow eniga On Twitter
    PIN
    32feda0e
    Device
    9930/PB
    OS
    Carrier
    MTN Nigeria
    Liked
    3 times
    Please i'll like to know if there is still a memory leak on this version like the .344

Vecharo is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow Vecharo On Twitter
    Device
    Bold 9900
    OS
    OS 7.1
    Liked
    16 times
    Yes there is still a memory leak. A few minutes ago I was at 15.8MB, now I'm at 16.6MB memory loss. These are my apps below. Also it's important to note that today I haven't used the phone a lot except for a quick call. In general I would consider myself a moderately high user. I usually don't have to do a batt pull or reboot throughout the day but by the end of the day I'm at a 35MB memory loss.

APPS:
    1. 7 Digital
    2. BerryBuzz
    3. BerryPop
    4. BerryWeather
    5. App World
    6. BB Maps
    7. BB Podcasts
    8. BB Traffic
    9. BN Ereader
    10. CardStar
    11. Docs to Go 2.0
    12. Driphter Mobile Launcher
    13. eGPS
    14. FileScout Lite
    15. Google Maps 4.5.1
    16. Hangman
    17. Kik
    18. Lexulous
    19. MaraTick
    20. Memory Booster (this came w/ the OS and I did see a difference when I installed it. Still a leak, but a little less than w/o using it)
    21. MeterBerry
    22. Noah Bible Study
    23. nux_com OTA Downloader (I forgot I had this on there! Doing this is like finding change in the couch! lol)
    24. PDF to Go (part of docs to go)
    25. Poynt
    26. QuickLaunch
    27. QuickPull 5 (if you use QP and don't have this...get it! QuickPull for BlackBerry by Steelthorn Software)
    28. Quick Pull Lib (necessary for QP)
    29. QuickPull Rebooter (also necessary)
    30. Slacker
    31. SocialScope
    32. SplashID
    33. Mobihand Superstore
    34. Tether
    35. unRar
    36. White Noise
    37. Wireless music sync
    38. Word Search

With all this loaded after a quick pull I have 60 MB and my boot up is about 2 min and 20 secs.
    yeah, yeah, yeah...I need to trim down these apps. At one point when I was on the 9000 I had about 51 apps. PLUS in the list above we should really not count the QP modules. It isn't like I intentionally loaded them. Plus I've gotten rid of a couple #dontjudgeme. LOL. oh craps! i forgot to load Collapse Chaos! oh the horror of it all!
    Follow me on Twitter: @vecharo

dvdj is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    21ed7052
    Device
    OS
    v5.0.0.586
    Liked
    0 times
    hi, i was trying to install os6 and reaches problem as following: most of apps installed before on os5 now refuse to run on os6, BDM6 refuse to restore backup of contacts and settings. so my conclusion about os6 is - to early to try it, looks nice , but so many bugs inside. thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vecharo View Post
    Yes there is still a memory leak. A few minutes ago I was at 15.8MB, now I'm at 16.6MB memory loss. These are my apps below. Also it's important to note that today I haven't used the phone a lot except for a quick call. In general I would consider myself a moderately high user. I usually don't have to do a batt pull or reboot throughout the day but by the end of the day I'm at a 35MB memory loss.

APPS:
    1. 7 Digital
    2. BerryBuzz
    3. BerryPop
    4. BerryWeather
    5. App World
    6. BB Maps
    7. BB Podcasts
    8. BB Traffic
    9. BN Ereader
    10. CardStar
    11. Docs to Go 2.0
    12. Driphter Mobile Launcher
    13. eGPS
    14. FileScout Lite
    15. Google Maps 4.5.1
    16. Hangman
    17. Kik
    18. Lexulous
    19. MaraTick
    20. Memory Booster (this came w/ the OS and I did see a difference when I installed it. Still a leak, but a little less than w/o using it)
    21. MeterBerry
    22. Noah Bible Study
    23. nux_com OTA Downloader (I forgot I had this on there! Doing this is like finding change in the couch! lol)
    24. PDF to Go (part of docs to go)
    25. Poynt
    26. QuickLaunch
    27. QuickPull 5 (if you use QP and don't have this...get it! QuickPull for BlackBerry by Steelthorn Software)
    28. Quick Pull Lib (necessary for QP)
    29. QuickPull Rebooter (also necessary)
    30. Slacker
    31. SocialScope
    32. SplashID
    33. Mobihand Superstore
    34. Tether
    35. unRar
    36. White Noise
    37. Wireless music sync
    38. Word Search

With all this loaded after a quick pull I have 60 MB and my boot up is about 2 min and 20 secs.
    yeah, yeah, yeah...I need to trim down these apps. At one point when I was on the 9000 I had about 51 apps. PLUS in the list above we should really not count the QP modules. It isn't like I intentionally loaded them. Plus I've gotten rid of a couple #dontjudgeme. LOL. oh craps! i forgot to load Collapse Chaos! oh the horror of it all!
    Posted via mobile device

Liked
    3 times
    I found out about lot of more bugs lately.
    I'll list them.
    -Memory Leak (sometimes returns)
    -Video Recorder won't work
    -As i said WLM and BBM pictures load to much
    -Youtube doesn't work (anymore)
    -Camera doesn't apply to it's settings.
    -Profile doesn't apply to it's settings.

Other then that i would like a Silence profile ,not just on Vibrate.

EDIT:
    @ machone

My battery life seems to be improved
    When i get up at 7:30 it used to be already dead at 14:00 (Same with my other BB)
    Now i can use it all day without any trouble.

EDIT 2: I now hat 92 MB all of the sudden ,yesterday it still was 46. I downloaded Memory Boost ,hope it will work
    Last edited by keessultan; 11-25-2010 at 04:17 PM.

Vecharo is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow Vecharo On Twitter
    Device
    Bold 9900
    OS
    OS 7.1
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdj View Post
    hi, i was trying to install os6 and reaches problem as following: most of apps installed before on os5 now refuse to run on os6, BDM6 refuse to restore backup of contacts and settings. so my conclusion about os6 is - to early to try it, looks nice , but so many bugs inside. thanks

Posted via mobile device
    you may have to go to the vendor site and re-download the app. what specific app is not working on OS6? as you can see, i was able to get all of the ones listed above to work.
    Follow me on Twitter: @vecharo

qfedesq is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello!
    im new in this site.

i want to thank to everyone who participate on the problems of the users, and help us to solve it.

im using the .358 and keep having the battery drain from 35% to 8%. Anyone know if theres some way to fix it?

thanx!
    Last edited by qfedesq; 11-28-2010 at 03:39 PM.

Liked
    3 times
    I reinstalled my o.s ,and it works much better now
    - Memory leak = GONE!
    - BBM / WLM Pictures now load good

I now got a new issue ,somethimes my BB just freezes out of nowhere.
    It's mostly not to long maybe 1 minute or so. (Never needed battery pull for it)
    And i've been rocking SocialFeeds :banana:

setyohandoko is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Liked
    0 times
    Work great with my 9700. I love it.
    Install direct from AppLoader folder and it update succesfull. Not work for the first update from BB Desktop. I downgrade to OS 5.0.0.743 and download the OS 6.0.0.358 one more time.
    Thanks guys.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast