Getting used to the interface, but still it's confusing
Lot of apps troubles...
Copy & Paste issues
No YouTube yet
Explorer works, but no Font change according to page size...
i agree with you...yes it "zaps" battery life but i think thats because of the transition effect. you will soon notice a drag in processing speed,....thats probalbly due to memory leakage......the youtube player problem is there too...am still trying to figure that out but there are no copy and paste issues...you just dont know how to do it yet because you still think its the same way with os5....
to copy on os6....
1...press the BB button and select "select text"
2...it will now allow you to see you "cursor"....scroll to the text you want to copy then;
3...press the BB button again and select "start selection"
4...you can now highlight the text you want to copy
5...press the BB button again and select "copy"
i may change back to os5 with my BB 9700 because i need my speed back but i'm gonna miss RSS ans Social feed of os6....i'm gonna miss the transition effect....its like that of windows vista....i'm gonna miss alot of stuffs in os6...the only solution is to upgrade to BB 9780 with 512RAM....
I noticed that whenever I hit the Email Settings app (this didn't happen the first time I installed 6), the device would just freeze for a good 4-5 minutes and then voila! My memory drops by 5-10 MBs. Did anyone else experience this and/or have some kind of solution? I asked my friend who has a 9650 and said yes, it also happens with his 6-loaded device (9650/188.8.131.525).
Installed the OS. I am finding that now I have to do one extra click for a lot of the actions I want to do.
the interface looks polish and the speed is quite ok. The monthly calendar looks more informative as it actually shows the time bar of the meetings.
The search bar is nice as it searches through all the applications.
I used to be able to send contact to users on bbmessenger. Now this option is no longer there so I have to email the contacts instead.
The appointment hour in daily calendar now takes two rows. This makes me have to scroll more to take a look at the next meetings.
in order to move to the next day or the day before in daily view, I now have to really swipe my finger across, which i think is quite troublesome.
to show the full tray I now have to click on the BB button then "open tray" which is one more extra step.
To send text message now takes one more extra step: compose other>compose text message. This sucks
the appearance is nice but there are many drawbacks that I think make it less productive. I especially hate that the hour takes two lines in daily view and also the extra steps. i am going back to OS 5.
Update on video play
Found a conversion that would work on mp4. Had to use another program. I guess the only thing I'm lacking is a flash player for msn.com videos.
You tube plays great, music player plays great, and now I have all my music videos playing great.
Calls sound crisp, signal is about the same if not better, hard to tell. Email working super, battery life is the same, many hidden features I'm still finding like the cpu usage meter, cool!
Don't have many apps and have 70.5mb left. This might be a problem if you like to have lots of apps.
Most the reports I'm reading about I had when I installed and restored this OS over OS5. I gave up on it and went back to .979. My advice to others is don't give up on it , it's just different from what your use to, after you get it running right you won't want to go back to 5.
In all your best bet to install is a clean install and get new apps for OS6. Forget about OS5 stuff, it will only give you problems it you try to restore them.
I really like this OS, the web browser is such a improvement....oceanghost
Well, I like this OS6 a lot compared to 5. Here are my findings.
- The new browser with the tabs, the zooming feature, increased speed, just about everything. No Flash support yet, though.
- Universal search is awesome! I really like that it searches through just about everything such as contacts, media files, e-mails and SMS, FB etc. Makes it really easy to find things.
- Definitely like the application management in the options, where it gives detailed views of memory usage, CPU etc.
- I installed three of the input language supports and totally love that, especially how the predictive suggestions also change when I change input language. A real time saver and helps on the spelling as well, especially if you're a bit rusty with one of them foreign languages or are learning one.
- The Photo app is nice, but I don't like that you don't see the various folders any longer. They are just "headings" and one comes after the other. So if you're like me and have folders within folders, several 100 photos, then it is nearly impossible to find something with this app. Also don't like that you can't sort the photos by file name or date of the file, Only way to do it is with the file explorer. I also don't like that the keyboard shortcuts while viewing photos have been changed. In OS 5 you could hit Next or Previous, 3 and 9 would zoom in or out and 1 and 7 would give you the actual size/full views. In this version N and P don't do anything and you have to completely zoom out with the escape button before you can get to the next or previous photo, and the numbers keys are used to pan the photos while zoomed in.
- I have noticed a huge memory leak. I've installed about 1/2 of my earlier apps and have less free memory after a re-boot than before. After about a day it's down another 10 MBs or more, and I don't even use it heavily.
- Every now and then I get an error in the browser, stating that the web page is too large to be loaded and then the browser quits. Funny thing is that when I open it again and go to the same page, it loads just fine. Just an annoyance.
- The birthdays from my contact book don't seem to have been integrated into my calendar any longer, though facebook have. Does anyone know why? I definitely don't want to manually add them all into the calendar...
Overall I totally dig this new OS and will not go back to 5, even if it means that I'll have to live with less apps for the moment. Am considering to get the 9780 in the future, but first I wanna see how this 9700 is working out with OS 6, especially once an official release comes out from T-Mobile.
I am one of the satisfied users of OS6
Tags for this Thread