Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Leaked OS: BlackBerry Bold 9700 – 6.0.0.344

tb1985 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    bold 9700
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    did u dl and install os 6 for the 9700??

groundzero2010 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm also having memory leaks.

I've noticed that opera mini and facebook's newest version scrolls very sporadically. Also Facebook app works good except there are a couple facebook messages I can't delete out of my messages list. Kinda strange and not sure if this is a 6.0 problem or facebook app problem. Most facebook notifications delete just fine.

I can't delete videos created by the video camera, but videos uploaded from my computer to my SD card I can delete from my phone.

My battery seems to drop suddenly from 1/2 or 1/4 on my meter to red with flashing led. I do a battery pull and the battery level jumps back up to 1/4 or 1/2 whichever it was at the time. I noticed I was on WIFI this last time when it happened. The first time it happened I was using the camera and I believe I was messing with GPS geo tagging feature in the Camera options.

I'll report more issues as they arise.

messerchmidt is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    21d8ce14
    Device
    bold 9700
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    the update is working perfectly on my phone. just follow the video guides.

only issue so far is that the battery usage seems worse than with the v5 software. i am hoping a new version comes out shortly to fix the issues in this thread. a hybrid would be nice.

so far i like v6 better than v5 of the OS

Vecharo is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow Vecharo On Twitter
    Device
    Bold 9900
    OS
    OS 7.1
    Liked
    16 times
    i like OS 6 as well. it does have it's share of bugs, and probably in the long run i'd have to go back, but i'm confident there will be another link or a good hybrid. the sms thing gets bigger as time goes on. today my daughter sent me a text but i couldn't respond. it would just hang (its the wifi/sms bug). so you have to pwer off and on to send it.
    Follow me on Twitter: @vecharo

groundzero2010 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm having issues with my camera/video light. If I do a reset the light works the first time or two, but when I close the camera or video recorder and open it back up, the flash/light doesn't work any longer. I have to reset the phone before it starts working again.

Is anyone else having this issue?

I love the new OS but hope these bugs get worked out.

lucam is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I everybody.
    I'm a 9700 owner from Italy, WIND is my mobile phone services provider.
    I was curious to try the OS 6 and last Friday i had on my hand a 9800. The form factor is not my best, but the OS attracted my eyes. I'm boried to wait for an official update the i installed this leaked...

1st attempt: backup, apps backup, wipe, installation, registration...good. The full restore with dm puts my new 9700 OS6 powered in an infinite hourglass loop...great to see, impossible to use.

2nd attempt: wipe, installation...good, registration...not good. I troubled a bit with BIS registration. I choose a partial restore: sms, mails, contacts, messengers...infinite hourglass loop again and after 1h "memory exception caught blah blah blah".

3rd attempt: wipe, installation...good, registration...not good. I troubled a bit with BIS registration again but i catched the trick.
    Partial restore choosed again: sms and contacts only.
    It's working fine since yesterday.
    Last edited by lucam; 11-15-2010 at 05:08 AM. Reason: Partial restore list modified.

Vecharo is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow Vecharo On Twitter
    Device
    Bold 9900
    OS
    OS 7.1
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by groundzero2010 View Post
    I'm having issues with my camera/video light. If I do a reset the light works the first time or two, but when I close the camera or video recorder and open it back up, the flash/light doesn't work any longer. I have to reset the phone before it starts working again.

Is anyone else having this issue?

I love the new OS but hope these bugs get worked out.
    I haven't had this issue and i use it quite often as part of Quicklaunch
    Follow me on Twitter: @vecharo

Xfercns is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    OS 6.0.0.358
    Liked
    1 times
    Well I have been using it since day 2 it was posted on here.
    The only major problem I have is the memory leak, after about a week its dropped from 75mb free to around 26... It will stay there at that. Youtube video etc works fine, unless the file is too large?
    A note: I dont use alot of apps so cant comment on any problems there. I dont get any errors, it hasnt crashed once. I use the browser, sms, emails (several accounts) PIN etc and everything runs fast and smooth (emails will sometimes lag for less then a sec when opening).

Great OS

patteeh is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy ?? black n white ??

i've deleted tmobile themes, vendor xml, 3-4 battery pulls and it still comes out black n white. i can't even do anything on it. when it reboots, it freezes after i put in my pin. so confused. what else do i need to do.. or did i just dL a bad file?
    :aargh4:

patteeh is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    totally had same probs as you. what did u do to get it to finally worK?

sickandtwisted is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I went through the upgrade without a hitch (though the BBSAK application was newer than the screenshots; had some conflicts).

I'm with Rogers, this seems to be much more sleek and better looking, though I have some noticed the change in shortcut keys (when in the browser, you used to be able to push b for bottom and t for top, i for zoom in, o for out - and in V6 you can't, which kinda sucks)

Also in the browser, on the Facebook mobile site it thinks I am using a Torch (9800) and suggests for me to download the latest Facebook app for the Torch.

In Texas Hold Em' King 2, I lost my $15 million and am back to $500

That is all of the flaws I can find for now within my 30 minutes of testing - definitely would recommend this to someone if they don't mind the stuff I have mentioned above.

Hodges is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    312939D8
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sickandtwisted View Post
    I went through the upgrade without a hitch (though the BBSAK application was newer than the screenshots; had some conflicts).

I'm with Rogers, this seems to be much more sleek and better looking, though I have some noticed the change in shortcut keys (when in the browser, you used to be able to push b for bottom and t for top, i for zoom in, o for out - and in V6 you can't, which kinda sucks)

Also in the browser, on the Facebook mobile site it thinks I am using a Torch (9800) and suggests for me to download the latest Facebook app for the Torch.

In Texas Hold Em' King 2, I lost my $15 million and am back to $500

That is all of the flaws I can find for now within my 30 minutes of testing - definitely would recommend this to someone if they don't mind the stuff I have mentioned above.
    Welcome to . You will love it here.. Thanks for letting us know how this OS is working out for you.. If you ever have any questions our members or staff are always here to help. You will love the atmosphere .

jitslobo is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    9700 bold
    Liked
    0 times

charging

Downloaded os6 after that my charing pad not supporting it won't be able to charge on charging pad can charge with wire how come ?

sickandtwisted is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodges View Post
    Welcome to . You will love it here.. Thanks for letting us know how this OS is working out for you.. If you ever have any questions our members or staff are always here to help. You will love the atmosphere .
    Update: I am a lot happier with version 6 after having spent more time digging through it. The previous zooming shortcut (i / o) has been replaced, holding the alt key it will allow you to zoom in and out by using the touch pad - this is very cool.

Still out of my hard earned virtual money, but heck it doesn't bother me much :17:

I ran into a couple bugs inadvertently, when searching up a contact I hit the back button which made the phone freak out and it gave me an 'App Error' causing it to reboot. It happened a couple of times so far.

The biggest plus for me was the change in Wi-Fi connectivity, instead of it showing the usual 3G status it now shows UMA - according to the Rogers Red Board, this means I am now able to take advantage of the free Wi-Fi calling (my current plan supports it).

Thanks Hodges and BlackBerryOS.com!

joshjamie is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow joshjamie On Twitter
    PIN
    Bell
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sickandtwisted View Post
    Update: I am a lot happier with version 6 after having spent more time digging through it. The previous zooming shortcut (i / o) has been replaced, holding the alt key it will allow you to zoom in and out by using the touch pad - this is very cool.

Still out of my hard earned virtual money, but heck it doesn't bother me much :17:

I ran into a couple bugs inadvertently, when searching up a contact I hit the back button which made the phone freak out and it gave me an 'App Error' causing it to reboot. It happened a couple of times so far.

The biggest plus for me was the change in Wi-Fi connectivity, instead of it showing the usual 3G status it now shows UMA - according to the Rogers Red Board, this means I am now able to take advantage of the free Wi-Fi calling (my current plan supports it).

Thanks Hodges and BlackBerryOS.com!

Cool....a fellow canuck!! Welcome to Sickandtwisted, as Hodges mentioned, you'll love it here. All of the team members are extremely knowledgeable about most everything BB related, including issues and fixes.

On the upside, the money lost was virtual and not real!!:haha::haha:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345