Leaked OS: BlackBerry Bold 9700 – 6.0.0.344 - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Leaked OS: BlackBerry Bold 9700 – 6.0.0.344

kadidarm is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Liked
    0 times
    Installed the OS. I am finding that now I have to do one extra click for a lot of the actions I want to do.
    Like:
    the interface looks polish and the speed is quite ok. The monthly calendar looks more informative as it actually shows the time bar of the meetings.
    The search bar is nice as it searches through all the applications.
    Don't like:
    I used to be able to send contact to users on bbmessenger. Now this option is no longer there so I have to email the contacts instead.
    The appointment hour in daily calendar now takes two rows. This makes me have to scroll more to take a look at the next meetings.
    in order to move to the next day or the day before in daily view, I now have to really swipe my finger across, which i think is quite troublesome.
    to show the full tray I now have to click on the BB button then "open tray" which is one more extra step.
    To send text message now takes one more extra step: compose other>compose text message. This sucks

Conclusion:
    the appearance is nice but there are many drawbacks that I think make it less productive. I especially hate that the hour takes two lines in daily view and also the extra steps. i am going back to OS 5.

oceanghost is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    Device
    bold 9900
    OS
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Liked
    12 times

Update on video play

Found a conversion that would work on mp4. Had to use another program. I guess the only thing I'm lacking is a flash player for msn.com videos.
    You tube plays great, music player plays great, and now I have all my music videos playing great.

Calls sound crisp, signal is about the same if not better, hard to tell. Email working super, battery life is the same, many hidden features I'm still finding like the cpu usage meter, cool!

Don't have many apps and have 70.5mb left. This might be a problem if you like to have lots of apps.

Most the reports I'm reading about I had when I installed and restored this OS over OS5. I gave up on it and went back to .979. My advice to others is don't give up on it , it's just different from what your use to, after you get it running right you won't want to go back to 5.

In all your best bet to install is a clean install and get new apps for OS6. Forget about OS5 stuff, it will only give you problems it you try to restore them.

I really like this OS, the web browser is such a improvement....oceanghost

TheOneRico is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    Device
    9810 + Playbook
    OS
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Liked
    0 times
    Well, I like this OS6 a lot compared to 5. Here are my findings.

Like:
    - The new browser with the tabs, the zooming feature, increased speed, just about everything. No Flash support yet, though.
    - Universal search is awesome! I really like that it searches through just about everything such as contacts, media files, e-mails and SMS, FB etc. Makes it really easy to find things.
    - Definitely like the application management in the options, where it gives detailed views of memory usage, CPU etc.
    - I installed three of the input language supports and totally love that, especially how the predictive suggestions also change when I change input language. A real time saver and helps on the spelling as well, especially if you're a bit rusty with one of them foreign languages or are learning one.

Dislike:
    - The Photo app is nice, but I don't like that you don't see the various folders any longer. They are just "headings" and one comes after the other. So if you're like me and have folders within folders, several 100 photos, then it is nearly impossible to find something with this app. Also don't like that you can't sort the photos by file name or date of the file, Only way to do it is with the file explorer. I also don't like that the keyboard shortcuts while viewing photos have been changed. In OS 5 you could hit Next or Previous, 3 and 9 would zoom in or out and 1 and 7 would give you the actual size/full views. In this version N and P don't do anything and you have to completely zoom out with the escape button before you can get to the next or previous photo, and the numbers keys are used to pan the photos while zoomed in.
    - I have noticed a huge memory leak. I've installed about 1/2 of my earlier apps and have less free memory after a re-boot than before. After about a day it's down another 10 MBs or more, and I don't even use it heavily.
    - Every now and then I get an error in the browser, stating that the web page is too large to be loaded and then the browser quits. Funny thing is that when I open it again and go to the same page, it loads just fine. Just an annoyance.
    - The birthdays from my contact book don't seem to have been integrated into my calendar any longer, though facebook have. Does anyone know why? I definitely don't want to manually add them all into the calendar...

Overall I totally dig this new OS and will not go back to 5, even if it means that I'll have to live with less apps for the moment. Am considering to get the 9780 in the future, but first I wanna see how this 9700 is working out with OS 6, especially once an official release comes out from T-Mobile.

ahdeshpande is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    bold 9700
    Liked
    0 times

Amazing ROM

I am one of the satisfied users of OS6

groundzero2010 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks to torrents, I found my download and have been running OS6 for a few days. Overall I like it, but could use some fixes. Not sure what people mean by memory leaks, so I'm not sure if I'm having those issues.

One thing I dislike is in Facebook app and Opera Mini 5.1 I have scrolling issues. The cursor jumps around erratically. I can live without Opera Mini since the BBrowser has been great. But the Facebook App is pretty annoying since that is one app I use a lot.

Another thing that could use a fix is the bar where notifications are displayed doesn't work for everything. I noticed if its empty it'll open up Calendar events and Phone history, but if I have a new text message it'll display the latest texts however if I have a new BBM message or facebook notification it doesn't work with those formats. I'd like to see a quick shortcut for those on this bar.

Thats it for now, I'll check back if I find any other issues.

oceanghost is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    Device
    bold 9900
    OS
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Liked
    12 times

memory leaks

Check your app memory space, see if it keeps going down,(available freespace). This is what everyone is talking about when they say memory leaks.....oceanghost

Hodges is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    312939D8
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    OP updated with Download Link

rookietrader is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow rookietrader On Twitter
    PIN
    on pluto...available upon request
    Device
    9550/9700
    OS
    5.0.0.983, OS 6.0.0.344
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by funnykindel View Post
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

lets create more links if this one is blocked again
    i downloaded it...extracted..i dont think thats the file. normally a box pops up to install afterwards?

sh0tta is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    2AFC3E55
    Device
    Q10
    OS
    Carrier
    LIME
    Liked
    0 times
    After install, I am having problems with my browser. It only seems to work when I am in a wifi area. I remember seeing something on a forum talking about going into options and re-sending something to the carrier? Anyone have an idea of what I am talking about?

Please let me know.
    We can make it!!!

PIN
    312939D8
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    Go to options > advanced options > Host routing table.. Then hit your BB menu key (dots) > Register Now.
    Posted via mobile device

PIN
    2AFC3E55
    Device
    Q10
    OS
    Carrier
    LIME
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks, Just to clear that up for people with os6 its, Options, device, scroll down to the bottom and you will see advanced device options then host routing table.
    We can make it!!!

PIN
    2AFC3E55
    Device
    Q10
    OS
    Carrier
    LIME
    Liked
    0 times
    Hodges, thanks again for the info... Didnt solve the problem though :S hmmm. Anyone else have any ideas?
    We can make it!!!

joshjamie is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow joshjamie On Twitter
    PIN
    Bell
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sh0tta View Post
    Hodges, thanks again for the info... Didnt solve the problem though :S hmmm. Anyone else have any ideas?
    Have you tried to resend the service books?

PIN
    Device
    9550/9700
    OS
    5.0.0.983, OS 6.0.0.344
    Liked
    1 times
    BB DM recognizes that i have OS 6...when i go to install it just says finished. I tried installing threw BB loader in the common files...its doing the same thing. I will try to reboot my computer for now.

PIN
    312939D8
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rookietrader View Post
    BB DM recognizes that i have OS 6...when i go to install it just says finished. I tried installing threw BB loader in the common files...its doing the same thing. I will try to reboot my computer for now.
    Do you have all other OS's removed from your PC? Even though this is a leak I still suggest deleting the vendor file as well.
    Posted via mobile device

PIN
    312939D8
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sh0tta View Post
    Thanks for the OS6 pathing. Since I own a 9550 I don't get the luxury of OS6. I haven't even played with it hands on yet so didn't know the proper pathing. As Joshjamie stated did you try to re send your service books? You can do that using email settings which is located in your setup folder.. Well on OS5 its located there anyway.
    Posted via mobile device

PIN
    Device
    9550/9700
    OS
    5.0.0.983, OS 6.0.0.344
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodges View Post
    Do you have all other OS's removed from your PC? Even though this is a leak I still suggest deleting the vendor file as well.
    Posted via mobile device
    I deleted the vendor file...this is the only 9700 BB version on my computer...delete the other OS even though its other model numbers...8520 and 9550...

PIN
    312939D8
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rookietrader View Post
    I deleted the vendor file...this is the only 9700 BB version on my computer...delete the other OS even though its other model numbers...8520 and 9550...
    Correct only keep the 9700 OS installed on your PC.
    Posted via mobile device

joshjamie is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow joshjamie On Twitter
    PIN
    Bell
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodges View Post
    Correct only keep the 9700 OS installed on your PC.
    Posted via mobile device
    I would also suggest that after you delete the other OS from your computer, you go and physically remove all of the loader files from your computer as well, except for the one you want to load.

File path for windows 7 is

C:/Program Files(x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/Shared/

Other windows versions is

C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/Shared/

PIN
    Device
    9550/9700
    OS
    5.0.0.983, OS 6.0.0.344
    Liked
    1 times
    I think I need to download another OS 6. It's still not installing. It's recognizing but it just says finished.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast