Leaked OS: BlackBerry Bold 9700 – 6.0.0.344 - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Leaked OS: BlackBerry Bold 9700 – 6.0.0.344

BBSuperAbuser is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow BBSuperAbuser On Twitter Add BBSuperAbuser on Facebook Visit BBSuperAbuser's Youtube Channel
    PIN
    2AC197
    Device
    Zed10, PlayBook
    OS
    Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Liked
    79 times
    Well, I can tell ya I have been having some problems too. Memory leaks in the browser, Vlingo won't work properly, SocialScope won't allow me to follow links, or cut and past, the media app has asked if I want to delete files without me prompting, my custom alerts won't work. I think its a great direction, needs more time in the oven though. Downgrading later.
    Last edited by BBSuperAbuser; 11-04-2010 at 01:16 AM. Reason: spelling

skygear is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    her down
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by juanflight View Post
    it's ok, other than not been able to use my wherather eye (it doestn allow me to add a city) is ok so far.....
    did you reinstall the app? i noticed a few apps were acting up! google voice, berryweather,facebook, but a reinstall fixed all the issues i had also got a 5xx error when using the search feature

k3n07 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    bold 9700
    Liked
    0 times
    does everyone have the WAP browser to check there balance on the new os
    or issit just mine that doesnt have it??

alfonz is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    9550(work) / 9700(personal)
    OS
    5.0.hybrid / 6.0.0.134
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm running this on Rogers network, so far I haven't had issues with this. Battery seems to be the same if not slightly better. I have't experienced any of the said issues in this thread however I only speak for myself.

One not so much an issue more an annoyance is BBM wouldn't show in menu if I used app world to upgrade it. It showed as installed in appworld but not in applications. I had to delete the app world version and then it gave me an option to download from bb site directly, works like a charm now.

I am not a heavy user so so far it seems ok to me, i might sitck with this for a bit and see what long run use is like.

@k3n07 - my wap and wifi hotspot browser work just fine.

popusito is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    Just Ask
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    The only thing i found on my second day of usage is that i have some memory leak just like on my old curve.....not a big issue sticking with Os 6 until the final release!!!!

lacroixn is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    27FFB707
    Device
    OS
    Carrier
    TMO
    Liked
    4 times
    Just loving 6.0.0.344, good battery life, super browser dont need Bolt, Opera anymore, very responsive. universal search, sick interface. No problems at all after deleting that tmobile theme cod. I especially love my camera now with all the different modes. I have not put back a lot of my apps though. Does anyone know the minimum memory to leave free for optimum performance?

groundzero2010 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy

All download links are broken. Any other download solution??

ealvnv is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow ealvnv On Twitter
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lacroixn View Post
    Just loving 6.0.0.344, good battery life, super browser dont need Bolt, Opera anymore, very responsive. universal search, sick interface. No problems at all after deleting that tmobile theme cod. I especially love my camera now with all the different modes. I have not put back a lot of my apps though. Does anyone know the minimum memory to leave free for optimum performance?
    There is no minimun mem said it all depends on what you have running at the same time, I did gained some good amount of MB by getting rid of most extra fonts, backgrounds, music sample, avatars so if you're bavre enough to try it go ahead...

You can get rid of all net_rim_mediOTA_xxxxxxxxx.cod files, just keep the one that says RINGTONES

Also all the net_rim_font_xxxxxx.cod just make sure you keep the net_rim_font_european_sff.cod and net_rim_font_latin_truetype.cod files,

You can also safely remove the tmobile_error_translator files this will give you around 12 to 15 MB more of available mem...

DISCLAIMER: try it at your own risk, I'm not responsible for the results you may get.
    Posted via mobile device

MarcoPolo is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow MarcoPolo On Twitter
    PIN
    Pimpin
    Device
    9700 / Retired 8900
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

memory

Anyone else experiencing mad memory leaks ?
    "HIT THE BERRY'S"

lacroixn is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    27FFB707
    Device
    OS
    Carrier
    TMO
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    There is no minimun mem said it all depends on what you have running at the same time, I did gained some good amount of MB by getting rid of most extra fonts, backgrounds, music sample, avatars so if you're bavre enough to try it go ahead...

You can get rid of all net_rim_mediOTA_xxxxxxxxx.cod files, just keep the one that says RINGTONES

Also all the net_rim_font_xxxxxx.cod just make sure you keep the net_rim_font_european_sff.cod and net_rim_font_latin_truetype.cod files,

You can also safely remove the tmobile_error_translator files this will give you around 12 to 15 MB more of available mem...

DISCLAIMER: try it at your own risk, I'm not responsible for the results you may get.
    Posted via mobile device
    thanks
    Posted via mobile device

popusito is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    Just Ask
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Another thing i found out was call drops which sucks but still sticking with Os6!!!

katana is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

lost Options menu under phone/log

uhm, i lost my call forwarding options that used to be under the phone icon/log, menu for options then call forwarding. Now when I go there, i hit options and the menu disappears and puts me right back at call log. Anyone else having this issue??

I went from os 5.0.0.862 over to this, doing a clean wipe with bbsak and only restoring essential files from a backup.

GTR83 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    PM me first
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Did 5-6 battery pulls in the 3 days that I have had this OS installed and now it's running very fine. All I did was delete the .cods of Visual Voice Mail, Voice Activated Dialing, Enhanced Gmail Plugin and the T-Mobile themes. Right now the device is running stable with 60-70MB of free memory. Whoever that said this new OS is only cosmetic change will really need to check inside their heads IMO. Actually, just for being able to use the Verdana font in a stock theme made me happy enough! Then again, I'm pretty easy to please...

cmirris is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow cmirris On Twitter
    PIN
    21F756CB
    Device
    bold 9700
    OS
    Carrier
    digicel
    Liked
    4 times
    Bb6 on 9700... So far so good, had a few laggs from day one, but you know how we solve these problems a few "battery pulls" and we are good to go. My 6 is still getting use to my 9700 all now cause I get lil lag here and there but I can see it crossing that bridge soon.

Advantages: As expected, the ui is swEet, smooth, everything on my 9700 is way better than os5. A whole new interface means a whole new experience, and that is. What am going through all now.
    Tabed browsing as always is neccessery so that's an upidy... Lol yeah I know music player is like a dream come through... Audio books on 9700, gr8.

My dis-advantages: browser's still limited to "downloaded" content size on network (digicel) doubt it's my network's fault though cause I uses bolt to do what this can't. Kind of ****ty, I expectd better there.
    Some sites aren't being loaded due to size also. "Thought that was crap"
    As for videos... Same old same old. Limited to the sizes I can watch online or download.
    Still can't watch youtube, that problem existed on my o5 ver so it's not new.
    All in all am loving this os6 on my BB I find it to be user friendly once you get pass the bugs and ants lol...
    Am having fun with mine and hope all who owns a 9700 try out the new blackberry 6
    Air your experience, it won't be the same with everyone.
    Last edited by cmirris; 11-06-2010 at 03:28 AM. Reason: a few corrections

oceanghost is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    Device
    bold 9900
    OS
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Liked
    12 times

Update OS6 back in

Well I couldn't give up , I wiped my system clean with BSSAK, then installed with no apps or backups. I found many OS5 apps work but with problems under OS6. I also found by installing clean without the restore of backups, afterwards would not let me restore them, as they are not compatible.

I installed new apps and found this time I was receiving apps for the Torch or OS6. Doc to go was upgraded to OS6 and up ,(before the upgrade on line could not determined my version).

Everything is fine except for playing my personal music videos in mepg4. Real player would convert them to wmv, and 3gp would work. I tried the device manager sync and would get sound with the videos in mp4 except the timing was off from the video.

So I converted my vids to 3gp and wmv. I now have all my stuff back in and working, although I'm still trying to find the right conversion for the vids in mp4.

I cannot go back to OS5 as the web browser and search function has got me spoiled big time!

Anyone else who has this problem with the video playback format would appreciate feedback.

My youtube plays videos perfect now and MSN online says no video format for your phone. I can live with that as the video format on MSN under OS5 was really a waste of time ,(very poor, lots of buffering). The rest of the browser features more then make up for this.

Also video camera and picture taking works fine........oceanghost
    Last edited by oceanghost; 11-06-2010 at 08:47 AM.

spivey17323 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    anyone have a working link?

funnykindel is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    on request
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    6 times

Talking

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

lets create more links if this one is blocked again

jdelaossa is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    Ask
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey:

Battery dragster!
    Getting used to the interface, but still it's confusing
    Lot of apps troubles...
    Copy & Paste issues
    No YouTube yet
    Explorer works, but no Font change according to page size...

funnykindel is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    on request
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    6 times
    @ jdelaossa.....
    i agree with you...yes it "zaps" battery life but i think thats because of the transition effect. you will soon notice a drag in processing speed,....thats probalbly due to memory leakage......the youtube player problem is there too...am still trying to figure that out but there are no copy and paste issues...you just dont know how to do it yet because you still think its the same way with os5....

to copy on os6....
    1...press the BB button and select "select text"
    2...it will now allow you to see you "cursor"....scroll to the text you want to copy then;
    3...press the BB button again and select "start selection"
    4...you can now highlight the text you want to copy
    5...press the BB button again and select "copy"

SUMMARY
    i may change back to os5 with my BB 9700 because i need my speed back but i'm gonna miss RSS ans Social feed of os6....i'm gonna miss the transition effect....its like that of windows vista....i'm gonna miss alot of stuffs in os6...the only solution is to upgrade to BB 9780 with 512RAM....

GTR83 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    PM me first
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I noticed that whenever I hit the Email Settings app (this didn't happen the first time I installed 6), the device would just freeze for a good 4-5 minutes and then voila! My memory drops by 5-10 MBs. Did anyone else experience this and/or have some kind of solution? I asked my friend who has a 9650 and said yes, it also happens with his 6-loaded device (9650/6.0.0.285).

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast