please help 507 bricked bb

Thread: please help 507 bricked bb

serahhs is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello

It all started when I downloaded a radio application for my blackberry bold 9700 which is 2 months old , i then got the error 517 jvm so I read forums and researched and ended up wiping it using jl cmder so now i have a 507 reload software error i tried doing everything from manually starting the app loader to every suggestion out there but when I get to the stage of loading apps using desk top manager it gives me that i can only add and under it i get that the dtm does not have software for the connected system.
    Please help i really do not know what to do on a further note my phone is locked to one carrier from which i bought the phone from I am currently in venezuela and my carrier is movistar but the people here are slow it might take more than a month if i take my phone there pleaseeee help
    Last edited by Neolantis; 10-16-2010 at 02:55 PM. Reason: deleted duplicates

joshjamie is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow joshjamie On Twitter
    PIN
    Bell
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Liked
    15 times
    Morning Serahhs,

Below you will find 2 links...the first one will tell you how to unbrick your phone and the second will tell you how to load the operating system should you need it. Both are excellent tutorials.

http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...-pictures.html

http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...es-videos.html

Good luck and let us know how it went
    Last edited by joshjamie; 10-16-2010 at 11:59 AM.

joshjamie is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow joshjamie On Twitter
    PIN
    Bell
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by serahhs View Post
    Hello

It all started when I downloaded a radio application for my blackberry bold 9700 which is 2 months old , i then got the error 517 jvm so I read forums and researched and ended up wiping it using jl cmder so now i have a 507 reload software error i tried doing everything from manually starting the app loader to every suggestion out there but when I get to the stage of loading apps using desk top manager it gives me that i can only add and under it i get that the dtm does not have software for the connected system.
    Please help i really do not know what to do on a further note my phone is locked to one carrier from which i bought the phone from I am currently in venezuela and my carrier is movistar but the people here are slow it might take more than a month if i take my phone there pleaseeee help
    Serahhs,

I posted a couple of links to your first post to help you with this.

JSLEnterprises is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow JSLEnterprises On Twitter
    Device
    Desire HD
    OS
    ER3BUS XL
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Liked
    22 times
    download BBSAK ( BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife ) and install it

download the latest os leak for your 9700 (5.0.0.979) ( BlackBerryOS Download Center - RIM BlackBerry operating Software download center ) and install it to your pc, make sure all other os' are uninstalled first.

If you really want, head on over to Driphter.com and download willyboy's v8 hybrid for your 9700 (just publically released) and install that instead, note: for hybrid installation must use 5.0.0.938 as your base os before you install the hybrid over top)

plug in your bb (even with its 507 error) , open bbsak, it should still detect your device, click "kill processes" wait a few seconds, and then click "wipe device" it should take about a minute.

your phone will reboot, it'll show the 507 error after loading a quarter of the way, then go to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

(note the (x86) is only if you're running a 64 bit os on your pc)

make sure vendor.xml is deleted.

run loader.exe

and load your os.
    Last edited by JSLEnterprises; 10-17-2010 at 12:38 PM.

sneha123 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by serahhs View Post
    Hello

That's so good posting in this site,,,,,,,,,,I like it great information...........

Last edited by joshjamie; 11-25-2010 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Removed outside links