PIN
    Device
    Blackberry Bold
    OS
    Andirod

How do I use the GPS on my Blackberry Bold 9700?

Hi Guys,

Do I need to buy a data/service plan to get turn by turn directions on my GPS for the Blackberry Bold 9700?? Its like 10 dollars a month for a service plan and thats kinda expensive...is there any way to get GPS turn by turn directions for free? I heard of something called Google Maps...is that an option or do I need an internet connection for that too?

PIN
    someone us
    Device
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolClark View Post
    Hi Guys,

Do I need to buy a data/service plan to get turn by turn directions on my GPS for the Blackberry Bold 9700?? Its like 10 dollars a month for a service plan and thats kinda expensive...is there any way to get GPS turn by turn directions for free? I heard of something called Google Maps...is that an option or do I need an internet connection for that too?
    Try this link from your phone browser. http://www.gln.bz/ads.nsf/bbmapslaunch.jad

It should put blackberry maps on your 9700. It works well but does not have voice turn by turn. Just visual turn by turn.

Please note I removed the link in your signature as per rules and guidelines.

http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/r...uidelines.html

Thank You.

PIN
    2AC197
    Device
    Zed10, PlayBook
    OS
    Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    You do need a data plan for turn by turn directions. I have not found an app that runs without a data plan yet. If I find one, rest assured, I will be writing about it in Hammerdown Monday.
    Posted via mobile device