What are Key Stores for on 9700?
Can someone explain what exactly is under options/security options/advances security KEY STORES??? That is different than regular password option under options/settings.
Pardon, that was OPTIONS/SECURITY OPTIONS/ADVANCED SECURITY OPTIONS/KEY STORES.
I am not certain. I will put up a help request to see if any other Staff Members know the answer to your question.
Any chance we find out my friend?
Key stores is a storage location that is used in conjunction with digital encription and digital certificates that are required for access to certain secure websites and networks
Click the link to go to RIMs website for the page this comes from.
Originally Posted by dbone15
About the key store
The key store on your BlackBerry® device might store the following items. To access these items in the key store, you must type a key store password.
- personal certificates (certificate and private key pairs)
- certificates that you download using the certificate synchronization tool of the BlackBerry® Desktop Manager
- certificates that you download from an LDAP certificate server
- certificates that you add from a message
- personal PGP® keys (public and private key pairs)
- PGP public keys that you download from an LDAP certificate server
- PGP public keys that you add from a message
- root certificates that are included in the BlackBerry® Desktop Software
Last edited by BBSuperAbuser; 06-14-2010 at 09:41 PM.
Reason: Added website link
Thanks for the contribution, reputation added.
Originally Posted by adperdue
Last edited by Neolantis; 06-14-2010 at 09:45 PM.
Originally Posted by Neolantis
Agreed, thanks for helping a fellow member.
+Rep from me too!
Tags for this Thread