BlackBerry 9700 antenna location? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BlackBerry 9700 antenna location?

toytooii is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Liked
    0 times
    Just tossing in my two cents here.
    Are the parts you're describing here, painted? MANY paints are metallic based and this might be your problem (just another guess of a potential source of your problem). At the frequencies these devices operate, many paints could cause a problem...for the phone, the bluetooth and the GPS. For example, those of us with aftermarket GPS devices installed in our cars with external antennas are warned to NOT paint the antenna mounted on the vehicle. The reason is the metal based paints which many (most) mistankingly use for this purpose.
    Hope you figure this one out and please let us know the answer.

Edit: See Post #23 for more info!!!!
    Last edited by toytooii; 05-18-2010 at 01:35 PM.

dbone15 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    Bwahahaha!
    Device
    Tour 9630 & Sto
    OS
    Always Changing
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by toytooii View Post
    Just tossing in my two cents here.
    Who painted your housing??? MANY paints are metallic based and this might be your problem (just another guess of a potential source of your problem). At the frequencies these devices operate, many paints could cause a problem...for the phone, the bluetooth and the GPS. For example, those of us with aftermarket GPS devices installed in our cars with external antennas are warned to NOT paint the antenna mounted on the vehicle. The reason is the metal based paints which many (most) mistankingly use for this purpose.
    Hope you figure this one out and please let us know the answer.

Pretty sure you hit the nail right on the head.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops2269 View Post
    Does anybody know where the antenna is located on the 9700?
    According to the FCC acceptance submission, the antenna is located in the back bottom center area...I'm guessing it's actually "printed" right onto the circuit board but it's not clear from the pictures I've seen.
    Try this link (doesn't seem to always work though)... https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/...#39;L6ARCN70UW (see the RF Exposure Report for the 9700). The location of the antenna is staed as above. Unfortuantely, it isn't specifically identified on any of the pictures in the FCC submission
    Last edited by toytooii; 05-18-2010 at 07:26 PM.

Cyclops2269 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by toytooii View Post
    According to the FCC acceptance submission, the antenna is located in the back bottom center area...I'm guessing it's actually "printed" right onto the circuit board but it's not clear from the pictures I've seen.
    Try this link (doesn't seem to always work though)... https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/prod/oet/f...ive_or_pdf=pdf (the RF Exposure Report for the 9700). The location of the antenna is staed as above. Unfortuantely, it isn't specifically identified on any of the pictures in the FCC submission
    Thanks for the info, I just tried the link you provided, but it doesn't work.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I changed that link. try this: https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/...#39;L6ARCN70UW However, not much there that I haven't already mentioned (unfortunately). Also, see my earlier post regarding paints. Good luck.
    Last edited by toytooii; 05-18-2010 at 07:50 PM.

berrylyna is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

problem with antenna

I have the same problem:aargh4:, even I was about to buy a new chasi since I tought I break it or someting when I replace it, dont really know were is but i made a search at ebay just looking fot the antenna and a piece like the one mentioned which looks like a tape comes out. once you fing out somthing let me know, thanks!!

Seadog is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    :p
    Device
    9700 Bold 2
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    The antenna is hidden in the back under the battery cover, only problem is it's surrounded in plastic. If you changed housing, AND you changed the middle that holds the metal shield, then you needed to remove this part that is almost impossible to tell that it is actually removable. Take off battery cover, you will notice that below(not under) the battery of your original case that you have almost like a spiral design, thats your antenna. You need to remove that. I'll upload pics. Glad to be of service .

amit is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    bold
    Liked
    0 times

help !!!

I am not sure what to do i need help !! on my last trip to hong kong i chaned the housing on my blackberry 9700 bold
    thay didnt not remove or changed the metal shield in mddle
    I find that i can get signel when i have to new battery cover on !! when i put the originel battery cover i get signal . whats in the battery cover ? how can i fix it ?
    thanks in advence
    Amit
    Last edited by amit; 10-26-2010 at 10:33 PM.

sneha123 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Wyman View Post
    I don't even know the answer to this and I can't even find an answer on the net. This is def a good question.
    Good post!!!!!!!!!!I agree with it.............Thanks lot.............:firedevil:

keessultan is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Liked
    3 times
    My advice : Stop trying it yourself and go to a shop!
    Maybe you moved something while replacing the housing.

mrworden is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    bold 9700
    Liked
    0 times
    here is what l know,9700 is a 3 piece ciriut,on the back you take the cover off,around the battery is a plastic bessil,at the bottom is a small metal insert,that is the start of anttenia,it goes through the metal housing to a sticker attennia,havent found it yet but l will,then it travel through housong to end at middle housing,you will notice looking at phone on left side at bottom there is a littl chrome piece ,that comletes anttenia,hoe it helps,l do believe once you change your chrome cover some how you are causing ciruit to not be complete,l have done same thing and am stil tryin to figure it out,good luck

mrworden is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    bold 9700
    Liked
    0 times
    Seadog posted picture,that is only one part,l really dont think replacing that will help us,but if you take is off,clean is good,and put it back

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12