PIN
    20E74314
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Email Settings

Hi Everyone,

My apologies if this has been asked before, I have tried googling and have come up with nothing.

Just upgraded my 9500 to a 9700 (what a revelation) and am having an issue with my email. Previously when I clicked on email settings, it would open a settings screen which was part of the OS.

Now on my new phone when I click on "mobile email settings", it opens the browser and I'm presented with a web front end for the settings which has reduced functionality (cannot add filters).

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

PS

I'm on BIS.

Thanks!

Orio is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Liked
    1 times
    I don't have a 9700...just a 9550. Let me put in a help request and see if any other staff members may be of assistance...hang on, or check back...we'll try to find you an answer.

rumessingwitme is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    OS
    Some Sick Driphter Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    Honestly, I dont use thats app on the BB itself. Your carrier has a special website for that. I'm going to assume that you are in the Good Ole US of A so the 9700 is only for ATT or T-Mobile.
    I have a 9550 and i use there website to edit all of my Email accounts. They are actually going to upgrade to BIS 3.0 this week end.

These website should help depending on your carrier

T-Mobile
    https://bis.eu.blackberry.com/html?brand=tmobilehr

At&t
    BlackBerry Internet Service

I hope this helps

I know on Verizon you login is Phone number including your area code. I think i had to call them for the password thou
    Last edited by rumessingwitme; 03-25-2010 at 09:46 AM.

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by waylonp View Post
    Hi Everyone,

My apologies if this has been asked before, I have tried googling and have come up with nothing.

Just upgraded my 9500 to a 9700 (what a revelation) and am having an issue with my email. Previously when I clicked on email settings, it would open a settings screen which was part of the OS.

Now on my new phone when I click on "mobile email settings", it opens the browser and I'm presented with a web front end for the settings which has reduced functionality (cannot add filters).

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

PS

I'm on BIS.

Thanks!

It sounds as if you are missing the service books for the BIS.. I would call your carrier and ask them to resend the service books

ealvnv is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow ealvnv On Twitter
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Liked
    9 times
    go to options, advanced options, then locate host routing tables, hit menu and select register now, now go to your applications screen and open the setup folder, and click on the manage internet email option, on this screen you should see all the emails accounts you have set for your device, highlight the one you want to edit, click menu and select edit, that will give you the options not just to set folders but to edit sync, signature etc...
    BlackBerry by Choice!