Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackberryBlake View Post
    3 wipes and 3 fresh installs. Not on BES. BBM from blackberry.com/messenger

I just went to a different store and made them give me a new one. Came w/ .296. About to wipe and load .423 and see what happens. I figured might as well rule the device out. I use this for business and it screwed up my whole day today.

Also on the one i returned, the error log was a disaster and wasn't consistent. It would also reboot on start-up and re-boot when I turned on wifi randomly (after hard resets) Even without restoring anything.
    are you installing straight or shrunk it?

BlackberryBlake is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    OG Bold & 9700
    OS
    latest (shrunken)
    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    are you installing straight or shrunk it?
    Shrunk. I tried installing straight one time and ended up with the same result on the last 9700.

And the plot thickens. Loaded .442 this morning. Loaded apps, and app error 523, 5 times in one hr. Deleted BBM and BB was fine all day. After work, re-DLed and app error again and again. Deleted BBM and also tried dLing from app world > same result. What is it about bbm that it isn't cooperating? And is it the luck of the draw with downloads?

There is no Blackberry Messenger .alx included with .442 but cod's are present. Just tried deleting bbm and loading all cod's w/ bbsak but bbm doesn't show up as an app. Re-dLed BBM ota and after, tried loading cod's from bbsak to overwrite original files. No way to tell if they were overwritten or if this is a fix. Too soon to tell.

Update: App error 523. What I did find out is BBSAK will not overwrite cod's. You can remove files, restart and replace them, except the resource cod for BBM will not load with bbsak or crackutil. I had to re-dL bbm ota. I then removed and replaced the api file with the file from .442. BBM did start up so I will have to see if this stops the error. My guess is it won't.

Update 2: Didn't work. Downgraded to bbm 5.0.0.54 to see if that works.
    Last edited by BlackberryBlake; 01-23-2010 at 07:15 AM.

Device
    OG Bold & 9700
    OS
    latest (shrunken)
    Bump! Can anyone come up w/ a logical explanation as to why bbm is causing this problem? Its still happening w/ .54. As a side note, it errors out much more when I'm walking around or driving. When I had it off, I drove around all day w/ no errors.
    Last edited by BlackberryBlake; 01-23-2010 at 01:07 PM.

ealvnv is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow ealvnv On Twitter
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    OS 5.0.0.442 comes with bbm .57 preinstalled, souds like if you have a corrupted files causing this, a probably fix is in your phone going to options, security options and wipe the handled including data and third party apps, then using bbsak wipe the device till u get the 507 error, reload software including bbm, then when restoring your data from back up make an advance restore with just the essentially data you need, ie address book, probably it is in your back up where the corrupdted data is and is causing conflicts with bbm.

Hope that helps...
    Posted via mobile device

Device
    OG Bold & 9700
    OS
    latest (shrunken)
    I've tried plenty of times but without loading bbm directly back onto the os. I'll try it with loading bbm and see what happens.

Device
    OG Bold & 9700
    OS
    latest (shrunken)
    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    OS 5.0.0.442 comes with bbm .57 preinstalled, souds like if you have a corrupted files causing this, a probably fix is in your phone going to options, security options and wipe the handled including data and third party apps, then using bbsak wipe the device till u get the 507 error, reload software including bbm, then when restoring your data from back up make an advance restore with just the essentially data you need, ie address book, probably it is in your back up where the corrupdted data is and is causing conflicts with bbm.

Hope that helps...
    Posted via mobile device
    What i haven't done is a security wipe before bbsak. Hopefully between that and loading bbm on directly it fixes this. Thanks for your input.

ealvnv is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow ealvnv On Twitter
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    NP, and sorry for the late responses but life sometimes interferes with my bbos duties lol
    Posted via mobile device

Device
    OG Bold & 9700
    OS
    latest (shrunken)
    No prob. I think the security wipe did the trick. I guess its true BBSAK really does only do a low level wipe.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast