Thread: app error 523 advice?

BlackberryBlake is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    OG Bold & 9700
    OS
    latest (shrunken)
    Liked
    2 times
    happened on .405 too which i found strange. I'm really starting to get fed up. I live and work on my BB.

We pull batteries, swap bezels, break contracts, and stay up all night. We change OSes like we change underwear. If our phones could make us fly, we still wouldn't be satisfied. We're cut from a different cloth. A better breed. We are BlackBerry.

Bugly is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow Bugly On Twitter
    PIN
    307959E6
    Device
    Antique 9530
    OS
    Whatever works today
    Liked
    0 times
    Understandable, I would be frustrated as well.
    Have you tried removing all the files from your pc, downloading a fresh copy and starting over? I had an OS fail miserably on me and it was because there were some files left over from another version in the apploader messing things up.
    Have you ever wondered why things intended to make our lives simpler keep getting more complicated to use?

Device
    OG Bold & 9700
    OS
    latest (shrunken)
    Liked
    2 times
    Yea I have! The thing that gets me is that on one install the issue wasn't present. But it was just one and now its back. Weird part is it mainly happens when i'm walking, esp driving.
    Last edited by BlackberryBlake; 01-23-2010 at 10:48 PM.
    We pull batteries, swap bezels, break contracts, and stay up all night. We change OSes like we change underwear. If our phones could make us fly, we still wouldn't be satisfied. We're cut from a different cloth. A better breed. We are BlackBerry.

PIN
    307959E6
    Device
    Antique 9530
    OS
    Whatever works today
    Liked
    0 times
    Wow, this is a tough one. Apparently, it is a well documented problem and all through my searching on the 'net there are no clear answers, one site says reinstall the OS, another says to warranty the device, another says applications are causing it. None of these "solutions" seem to be helping your situation, since you've already done all of these things.
    What apps, again, are you running, if any?
    Have you ever wondered why things intended to make our lives simpler keep getting more complicated to use?

Device
    OG Bold & 9700
    OS
    latest (shrunken)
    Liked
    2 times
    I have 4 different batteries. Happens with them all. It happens with no media card. It happens with no apps besides bbm. The other day i had 20 apps but deleted bbm, was driving around all day and no errors. The problem is definitely with bbm. At this point, I've taken all the right steps, isolated the problem and have done everything properly. I'm really stumped. I've also googled the errors in the event log that cause the app error and it comes up with nothing.
    Last edited by BlackberryBlake; 01-23-2010 at 10:56 PM.

PIN
    307959E6
    Device
    Antique 9530
    OS
    Whatever works today
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm feeling ya... this is a real noodle-smoker. Anyone else have an idea? My cold medicine-addled brain is about mushy. I really want to help you with this, but all the regular (and irregular) fixes that I am aware of are pretty much worthless. I think someone with much more experience than I have should step in. I will refer this to the help team.

Device
    OG Bold & 9700
    OS
    latest (shrunken)
    Liked
    2 times
    Please do. Thanks.

PIN
    307959E6
    Device
    Antique 9530
    OS
    Whatever works today
    Liked
    0 times
    Already submitted. Good luck, I really want to see how this works out.

Device
    OG Bold & 9700
    OS
    latest (shrunken)
    Liked
    2 times
    Me too, thanks again.

I also tried all possible tcp settings. Happens with them all.
    Last edited by BlackberryBlake; 01-23-2010 at 11:06 PM.

Device
    OG Bold & 9700
    OS
    latest (shrunken)
    Liked
    2 times
    So I was driving to a bar with one of my friends tonite and her 9700 sounded, and I said, "wait is that BBM?" She looks at me weird and says, "Yea why?" All of the sudden something clicked. When I first got my 8320 years ago, the default ringer for BBM was 'Notifier_Greeter'. I've always done restores from one BB to the next so I have always had the the greeter tone for BBM. I had no idea that the default tone has ever changed. Until lately. I've been doing selective restores on the 9700 and I remember hearing BBM use that tone (I heard her BB sound), but I would always change it back to Notifier_Greeter. I immediately changed my 3 BBM notifiers to the (newly?) default 'Notifier_BBPro_6' and then hard reset. That was around 1:30am. I drove around 40 miles since then and just got home at 5:30am. The error has not returned! Who knows if its just the Greeter tone, or if its more that are causing this error? (personally I don't care to find out.) So many wipes. So many reloads. None of us thought it could be the effin ringer. I'm happy to say, I can finally put this one to bed. And myself as well lol. Thanks for caring guys. I know you'll probably be shaking your heads when you read this.
    Last edited by BlackberryBlake; 01-24-2010 at 05:03 AM.

breiti is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow breiti On Twitter
    PIN
    please ask
    Device
    OS
    always the latest
    Liked
    0 times
    Glad, you finally got this one worked out

Device
    OG Bold & 9700
    OS
    latest (shrunken)
    Liked
    2 times
    Thanks! I hope this helps others as well.
    Last edited by BlackberryBlake; 01-24-2010 at 05:14 AM.

ealvnv is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow ealvnv On Twitter
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Liked
    8 times
    Wow that's really a shock, from what u said, I can confirm the error has been transmitted from u back up, yes the ringer, u were transmitting the error probably ur back up has a corrupted data on ur bbm backup, but not the ringer itself, out of curiosity, how did u get back ur contacts once u install bbm?
    Posted via mobile device

Device
    OG Bold & 9700
    OS
    latest (shrunken)
    Liked
    2 times
    I tried from my sd card, deleted and re-inst, tried restore by email, rinse and repeat, tried a much older file from sd card. What doesn't make sense is the sd card still restores onto my 9000 w/ Notifier_Greeter and works just fine. That's what gets me.

PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Liked
    8 times
    Well the problem seems to be on that back up, also I would think there is corrupted file in ur sd card, if that happens again, (hopefully won't) so not restore from the sdcard, I would do back up now that is working again and store it on ur pc, also try from time to time is a good idea re formating the sd card, to do so, in ur file explorer either bb or pc select show hidden and delete all files that have the extensin .dat, after that back up the sd card and then do the format using ur bb, optons, memory, menu and format....
    Posted via mobile device

Device
    OG Bold & 9700
    OS
    latest (shrunken)
    Liked
    2 times
    I formatted the card when I was trying to isolate the problem. Why would the sd card restore to my 9000 and work properly (I did this the other day, when I was having this issue on the 9700), but restore to my 9700 and cause errors?

breiti is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow breiti On Twitter
    PIN
    please ask
    Device
    OS
    always the latest
    Liked
    0 times
    Just to understand correctly, you've exchanged the card between your devices?

But, hey, why not, sometimes e.g. on a PC you could have some files being corrupt and others aren't? At least I've learned from your issue: a) make multiple backups on different ways (PC and card) and b) being careful with what I restore (especially by means of file age )

Device
    OG Bold & 9700
    OS
    latest (shrunken)
    Liked
    2 times
    Ok I'll give u the whole play by play. When I originally had the problem, I formatted the sd card and kept a back-up on my pc. I restored everything onto the sd card, then installed card, loaded bbm & app error 523. Reformatted card again, wiped device to jvm err, did the whole dance and app error 523. For the heck of it, threw card in 9000 (with fresh BBM) restored contacts and all was good. Between .405, .423, and .442, I wiped w/ bbsak did selective restores and installed apps ota, probably 15 times between the 1st and 2nd 9700. Tried 2 different sd cards, formatted 6 times between the 2. I took no shortcuts.

PIN
    307959E6
    Device
    Antique 9530
    OS
    Whatever works today
    Liked
    0 times
    Wow! I figured it was a corrupted file, but never would have guessed it was a ringtone. Good catch, I will store that one in memory for the future.

PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackberryBlake View Post
    Ok I'll give u the whole play by play. When I originally had the problem, I formatted the sd card and kept a back-up on my pc. I restored everything onto the sd card, then installed card, loaded bbm & app error 523. Reformatted card again, wiped device to jvm err, did the whole dance and app error 523. For the heck of it, threw card in 9000 (with fresh BBM) restored contacts and all was good. Between .405, .423, and .442, I wiped w/ bbsak did selective restores and installed apps ota, probably 15 times between the 1st and 2nd 9700. Tried 2 different sd cards, formatted 6 times between the 2. I took no shortcuts.
    If when u backed ur sd card up u didn't deleted the .dat files, the corrupted dat is still there, why the restore works on the 9000 and not on the 9700? I call them blackberry gremlins lol
    But seriously I am not sure why....at least we u got it fixed
    Posted via mobile device

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast