Strange BB data "issue"

Thread: Strange BB data "issue"

rsk99 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Strange BB data "issue"

I turn my phone off every night (wife insists), when I turn it back on in the morning I only get 3G and full signal strength, no dots blackberry symbol, I do a battery pull and I get everything up as it should be. This has been happening every morning, could it be an OS thing?

Thanks!

breiti is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow breiti On Twitter
    PIN
    please ask
    Device
    OS
    always the latest
    Liked
    0 times
    No solution for this, sorry. What about using the homescreen mode (of the clock) configured to shut down all connectivity functions instead of completely turning it off at nite?

MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Liked
    1 times
    How long have you let your device stay powered up before you pull your battery to establish the data connection. The device could be searching to find the data connection. Looks as if you get the 1X just not the EV portion of the connection.
    On another note...Instead of a battery pull you could open Manage Connections, turn all connections off then turn your mobile network back on to establish you Data/Phone connection.

Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I usually give it about a half hour before a battery pull. I appreciate the "work arounds" but just want it to work the way it supposed to.

Thanks again!

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rsk99 View Post
    I usually give it about a half hour before a battery pull. I appreciate the "work arounds" but just want it to work the way it supposed to.

Thanks again!
    These arent work arounds the phone was designed to be. Instead of turning your phone off turn off you network connection which means no messages, or silent all.. there are ways it is supposed to be. What you are doing is kind of a work around to what the phone was made to do. I typically either silence mine or turn off the network which doesnt allow it to be a bother but also allows for a lightening fast back on in the am

Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Not looking for an argument here, I am also very thankful for all the help I receive at this site, however, I think it's extremely reasonable, and well within the scope of the operation of the phone to expect that when I turn it off, and turn it back on, that the phone operates as it's supposed to.

breiti is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow breiti On Twitter
    PIN
    please ask
    Device
    OS
    always the latest
    Liked
    0 times
    Have tried to upgrade to a newer OS? .423? ...and rumours tell, that an even higher version should be out soon!

Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Have to update my info...running .423 right now.....appreciate the help!

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rsk99 View Post
    Not looking for an argument here, I am also very thankful for all the help I receive at this site, however, I think it's extremely reasonable, and well within the scope of the operation of the phone to expect that when I turn it off, and turn it back on, that the phone operates as it's supposed to.
    No arguement and the thing is with turning the phone off is it usually removes itself from the switch(network terms) which means the routing table is dormant along with most of the PRL info... so when you reconnect in the AM it is more worried about your network(i.e.-VZW T-Mobile) than it is the RIM connection or BIS. So when you leave your phone on and disable the network since the phone is still active its using those even with the connections off. Its just a little quicker to come back alive on the network that way than to have the phone off.

EDIT-Thats how we were explained it at a meeting one time about blackberry on VZW and problems with network connection

Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks....that's what I'm going with tonight!

zedt3 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    20D766F0
    Device
    Storm 9500
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Why not program the phone to turn itself off at night at a certain time and turn itself back on early in the morning? I always configure my blackberries to do this and never have any issues.

Settings --> Options --> Auto on/off

It's that simple. My phone turns itself off at 12:30am and back on at 4:45am. If you set it to turn on that early, for sure by the time you wake up, the phone will have reconnected to the network properly and everything will be right with the world!

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zedt3 View Post
    Why not program the phone to turn itself off at night at a certain time and turn itself back on early in the morning? I always configure my blackberries to do this and never have any issues.

Settings --> Options --> Auto on/off

It's that simple. My phone turns itself off at 12:30am and back on at 4:45am. If you set it to turn on that early, for sure by the time you wake up, the phone will have reconnected to the network properly and everything will be right with the world!
    That is the right way to do it but the only thing is in certain areas and networks it doesnt want to reconnect right with out a physical battery pull its kind of crazy.. i just silent mine