my BBM is merged with some1 else
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: my BBM is merged with some1 else

  1. #1
    vgershfiel is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Device
    bold
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times

    my BBM is merged with some1 else

    OK this strangest thing happened to me yesterday, my phone was linked to someone elses bbm. their name and pics and contacts

    has this happened to anyone
    i am freaked out!!!!
    i called bbm and went to the store and they said that this has never happened before and they havnt heard of this
    they are sending me a new phone
    however when i went to back up my files, this persons contact list is part of that file

    anyone out there have this problem?!?!?!?




  2. #2
    Steeleaf is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.509
    Posts
    15
    Liked
    0 times
    Weird!

    I bet Tiger wishes that he would have thought of that one!

  3. #3
    Mustang02's Avatar
    Mustang02 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    PIN
    30F7ADA8
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.320
    Posts
    179
    Liked
    0 times
    You called bbm?

  4. #4
    wolvrne1 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    where it is warm...
    PIN
    TO Beans & Rice
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    its a hybrid.. fuel efficient
    Posts
    227
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vgershfiel View Post
    OK this strangest thing happened to me yesterday, my phone was linked to someone elses bbm. their name and pics and contacts

    has this happened to anyone
    i am freaked out!!!!
    i called bbm and went to the store and they said that this has never happened before and they havnt heard of this
    they are sending me a new phone
    however when i went to back up my files, this persons contact list is part of that file

    anyone out there have this problem?!?!?!?
    yep I had this happen to me before... My wife and I both had our BBM's linked to the same email address, which caused a conflict. We both had to delete the shared email addy from our devices, perform a security wipe, re-download the OS plus BBM and then point BBM at different email addresses. This is the only way we found to fix... Hope this helps.

  5. #5
    death1246 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Device
    Blackberry Curve 8900
    OS
    5.0.0.348
    Posts
    50
    Liked
    1 times
    this happens when someone is doing something they should not be doing like using your IMEI when using the MFI loader or a hacked developer tool to generate a custom or to copy another persons IMEI and PIN to unblock a locked phone.

    Call RIM or your Carrier and request an IMEI change.

    They can do that over the air


    People do this in order to use there BB with BIS since a lost or stolen phone can be blocked they have created a tool that flashes a new IMEI and PIN to the phone making sure both the IMEI and PIN are linked to each other they activate BIS on he phone and its basically Fraud
    Last edited by death1246; 12-16-2009 at 02:25 PM.

  6. #6
    vgershfiel is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Device
    bold
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times
    thanks for your replys
    they are sending me a new phone which will have a pin number and i will have to manually add everyone back onto my phone
    i think its the only way since my phone is the devil right about now

  7. #7
    Le0_Br4zuC4's Avatar
    Le0_Br4zuC4 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Miami
    PIN
    30FB551F
    Device
    BlackBerry Stor
    OS
    5.0.0.320
    Posts
    398
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vgershfiel View Post
    OK this strangest thing happened to me yesterday, my phone was linked to someone elses bbm. their name and pics and contacts

    has this happened to anyone
    i am freaked out!!!!
    i called bbm and went to the store and they said that this has never happened before and they havnt heard of this
    they are sending me a new phone
    however when i went to back up my files, this persons contact list is part of that file

    anyone out there have this problem?!?!?!?
    Yeah, what I think it is the problem there is that the phone was already activated on someone's line, have you ever received any email or seen another email account that doesn't belong to you on your phone?

    Follow me on Twiter
    [/URL][/CENTER][/SIZE]
    Le0_Br4zUc4 - BlackBerry Storm 2 9550 Running 5.0.0.428

  8. #8
    RileyFreeman's Avatar
    RileyFreeman is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow RileyFreeman On Twitter
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Device
    Tour 9630
    OS
    5.0
    Posts
    20
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wolvrne1 View Post
    yep I had this happen to me before... My wife and I both had our BBM's linked to the same email address, which caused a conflict. We both had to delete the shared email addy from our devices, perform a security wipe, re-download the OS plus BBM and then point BBM at different email addresses. This is the only way we found to fix... Hope this helps.

    yup. this is what happened to me. its a pain in the ass. It was with my business partner. thank god for them introducing back up and restore of bbm contacts

  9. #9
    glockguy's Avatar
    glockguy is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    5.0.0.415
    Posts
    347
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RileyFreeman View Post
    yup. this is what happened to me. its a pain in the ass. It was with my business partner. thank god for them introducing back up and restore of bbm contacts
    +1

    Same thing happened to me too......

  10. #10
    neelzz is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    16
    Liked
    1 times

    Bbm 5.0.0.53/55.56

    Remember that there was an bug in those series, that why they updated them so quickly. so if u once switched cards (simcard) with your friend or something.
    then it was possible the imei gets messed up within bis, and u receive the contacts of the other person.

    thats all, it will fix itself. reassign your imei within the webbased manager.
    and resend service books and voila.

    Siggy
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    www.berryfris.nl All blackberry parts

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •