Blackberry Bold 9700 Now Available From AT&T - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Blackberry Bold 9700 Now Available From AT&T

  1. #21
    MePascal's Avatar
    MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Posts
    1,977
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tevansny View Post
    I follow what your saying.
    google maps for her it is...,,tks guys
    I thought TeleNav GPS was supported by AT&T...Just another option if you like...




  2. #22
    Tevansny's Avatar
    Tevansny is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Western,NY
    PIN
    someone us
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.1015
    Posts
    377
    Liked
    4 times
    I thought telenav was a monthly service like verizons paid GPS maybe I am wrong.
    Posted via mobile device

  3. #23
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by berryuser View Post
    Nothing truly 'bold' about this phone other than the 'bold' text on the back next to the camera and flash.

    I just came back from my local AT&T store utterly disappointed. The trackpad is alright nothing to brag about. Smaller doesn't necessarily mean better. I thought I was playing around with my 8820 due to the size. It felt so light and cheap in my hands, while the true bold 9000 felt beefier and more rugged.

    Oh and did I mention in New York City, AT&T's 3G coverage is so garbage that I'm afraid to upgrade. I'll be looking at the Droid in Verizon come tomorrow to see if it's any good.

    I'm with Blackberry till the end, but honestly the 9700 should have been the next-gen Curve.
    I lived in NYC long enough to realize that AT&T is straight awful in that city. VZW is a much better option IMO.

  4. #24
    Ranatsu is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times
    AT&T does block blackberry maps with there service books. It was blocked on my 8310, and my 9000. If you look around you'll find ways to get around it, but they basically block the icon from showing up.

  5. #25
    berryuser is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Device
    Motorola Razr2
    Posts
    145
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    I lived in NYC long enough to realize that AT&T is straight awful in that city. VZW is a much better option IMO.
    I hear that jlevy. Honestly it's not the phone I'm worried about the most. If the network is shot, then what good is the phone?

  6. #26
    Tevansny's Avatar
    Tevansny is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Western,NY
    PIN
    someone us
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.1015
    Posts
    377
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranatsu View Post
    AT&T does block blackberry maps with there service books. It was blocked on my 8310, and my 9000. If you look around you'll find ways to get around it, but they basically block the icon from showing up.
    I appreciate the info. Do you have any clue where to look for work around?
    i looked all over here and CB but yet to find anything concrete at all.

  7. #27
    Bioberry is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Device
    Storm 9500, Bold,
    OS
    Hybrid 5.0.0.238+216
    Posts
    13
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tevansny View Post
    I appreciate the info. Do you have any clue where to look for work around?
    i looked all over here and CB but yet to find anything concrete at all.
    The icon is disabled through AT&T service books and you cannot assign a left or right key to it.
    It works by installing Poynt and you will have the option of using either google maps or blackberry maps. If you choose blackberry maps, it launches the application.

  8. #28
    Tevansny's Avatar
    Tevansny is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Western,NY
    PIN
    someone us
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.1015
    Posts
    377
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bioberry View Post
    The icon is disabled through AT&T service books and you cannot assign a left or right key to it.
    It works by installing Poynt and you will have the option of using either google maps or blackberry maps. If you choose blackberry maps, it launches the application.
    Thank You ! :hail:

    I will give that a go. I appreciate it.

  9. #29
    Ranatsu is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes, the only way to launch it is to find some program that is able to launch it. eGPS is able to launch it as well.

  10. #30
    lhelsdon is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Western NY
    PIN
    2162131C
    Device
    bold 9700
    OS
    5.0.0.296
    Posts
    26
    Liked
    0 times
    In reply to all the threads about BBmaps, with tevansny figuring out for me, we installed the Poynt program, and indeed it did open BBmaps. Thanks so much for all the help guys!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •