Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 18

  1. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4
    If uma works on t-mobile, does anyone know if it will work if you put the t-mobile OS on the rogers 9700?



  2. #10
    sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbain113 View Post
    If uma works on t-mobile, does anyone know if it will work if you put the t-mobile OS on the rogers 9700?
    I don't think it will. I think this is something controlled by service books and not necessarily the OS.

  3. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    All Of Em!
    Posts
    46
    Kinda funny cause if you actually look at the devices certificates through the escreens, the Rogers 9700 actually has them all loaded which indicates capability but removal upon Rogers request. Why else would the certs be loaded but not used?



  4. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    All Of Em!
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    I don't think it will. I think this is something controlled by service books and not necessarily the OS.

    Sunkast is correct, no matter what OS u load...you are bound by the enabled certificates on the devices, if you do not have Rogers certs enabled you will get nodda from it.

  5. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Device
    Blackberry Curve 8900
    OS
    5.0.0.348
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbain113 View Post
    If uma works on t-mobile, does anyone know if it will work if you put the t-mobile OS on the rogers 9700?
    I like your question.

    To do this all you have to really do is edit the blackberry.alx file and remove the vendor ID on the UMA string.



  6. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    All Of Em!
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by death1246 View Post
    I like your question.

    To do this all you have to really do is edit the blackberry.alx file and remove the vendor ID on the UMA string.
    This is incorrect and will not work. The certificates need to be enabled on carriers end and while they are on the device, they are NOT enabled for the device on the Rogers side.

    Aside from that, the only files loaded in the BlackBerry.alx files is specifically for error messages related to T-Mobile UMA. The only way to get it to work would be to have a RIM vendor ID and full on access to the engineering screens to enable the certs.


    As you can see, they are there...just not enabled.

  7. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4
    I appreciate everyone's responses as I certainly don't fully understand how UMA works. With that in mind, I'll ask one more question and forgive me if it's stupid...

    I've got an 8900 from Rogers that works just fine with UMA. Is there any way I can transfer the working files or working certificates to the 9700.

    The 9700 is almost the perfect device but it's frustrating that UMA is not supported...

  8. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbain113 View Post
    I appreciate everyone's responses as I certainly don't fully understand how UMA works. With that in mind, I'll ask one more question and forgive me if it's stupid...

    I've got an 8900 from Rogers that works just fine with UMA. Is there any way I can transfer the working files or working certificates to the 9700.

    The 9700 is almost the perfect device but it's frustrating that UMA is not supported...
    no because the network will recognize the 9700 as the 9700 and shut it back down. it may work for a min but I doubt that

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •