Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Saving Logon Data in OS 6

neil154 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    Okay, I guess I will try reloading OS over the weekend. Since you are so helpful I do have more questions about saving passwords. Once you have saved the passwords I assume that when you go to a URL and have a saved login for that URL it will automatically enter the information and all you have to do it click on enter. Is there some sort of password to protect your passwords, in case you lost your BB or someone else has it for some reason (sort of like the way Roboform works if you are familiar with it)?

joshjamie is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow joshjamie On Twitter
    PIN
    Bell
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Liked
    15 times
    Any site that I have a saved password for automatically logs me in. This site for instance, my browser goes directly to the forums. Not sure about Roboform, I've never heard of it before

Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    What I was trying to ask is there a way that you need some master password to activate the password entry. Without a master password if I were to get your BB because you lost it and then opened up your browser I could get into your personal web sites that you would not wany me to have access to (I don't have my BB password protected).

PIN
    Bell
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Liked
    15 times
    Short of enabling the password on your device, the answer is no

Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    Once again you have been very helpful, thank yoy
    Joe Jerde likes this.

Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    joshjamie - Once more I need to bother you. I took a closer look at your screen print of the option and I do have "accept cookies" checked but still I do not get any pop up that will allow me to save passwords and if I click on the menu key there is no option to save paswords.

Do you have any idea of what is going on? Do you still believe that I need to reinstall OS6?

If anyone else is viewing this post and has a 9650 I would appreciate it if they could tell me if they are able to save password or possibly it is some sort of bug that affect the 9650 but does not the Torch that is used by Joshjamie.

PIN
    Bell
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by neil154 View Post
    joshjamie - Once more I need to bother you. I took a closer look at your screen print of the option and I do have "accept cookies" checked but still I do not get any pop up that will allow me to save passwords and if I click on the menu key there is no option to save paswords.

Do you have any idea of what is going on? Do you still believe that I need to reinstall OS6?

If anyone else is viewing this post and has a 9650 I would appreciate it if they could tell me if they are able to save password or possibly it is some sort of bug that affect the 9650 but does not the Torch that is used by Joshjamie.

LOL...your in luck Neil!!

I upgraded my torch today to .448 and ended up with the same problem. This is what I did to fix it....

Delete the os from your computer...
    go to control panel, delete programs, find the bb device software and delete it. MAKE SURE IT IS THE DEVICE SOFTWARE AND NOT THE DESKTOP SOFTWARE.

Next, delete the loader files....

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files
    if your running Vista or lower, the path is...,
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files

Once you have done that, reinstall the device software, found here....
    Sprint_9650_6.0.0.415 - Downloads - BlackBerry Forums at BlackBerryOS.com

After that step has been taken care of, wipe your device using BBSAK...
    DO NOT DISCONNECT YOUR DEVICE FROM THE USB ONCE YOU HAVE DONE THIS, OR YOU WILL NUKE IT!!!

Reinstall operating system to your device. Use this tutorial....
    http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...es-videos.html

Once again, before you do anything, familiarize yourself with the tutorial first, so that you have a better understanding on what your doing.

Good luck, and if you do nuke your device, DO NOT PANIC!!...we can help you with that as well.

Joe Jerde likes this.

Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    You are really great in following up and I appreciate it. I now have jad several discussions with BB and also advised them of your latest issue. I think I will wait a while until they get back to by middle of next week before I follow your instructions so that if BB comes up with anything that I am still within an OS that can say they "own" for my 9650 with Verizon.

Did you actually load the Sprint 9650 OS on your 9800 with ATT?

PIN
    Bell
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Liked
    15 times
    Truth be told Neil, I don't look where a leak or an official os comes from anymore. I've always tried the latest and greatest out there and have removed the vendor file...it's become so habit forming that I find myself removing it from a new os that comes from my carrier. In the past I have always gone back to a hybrid due to the fact that they are always better than an official or leaked os. Unfortunately, there aren't too many, if any, hybrids out there for the torch yet.

As for the one I loaded this afternoon, it is 6.0.0.448...but that will change after I post this as I see Joe has posted the 6.0.0.450 leak....LMAO!!!!!
    Joe Jerde likes this.

Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1502 times
    Quote Originally Posted by joshjamie View Post

As for the one I loaded this afternoon, it is 6.0.0.448...but that will change after I post this as I see Joe has posted the 6.0.0.450 leak....LMAO!!!!!
    It's getting harder to keep up. lol

I'm almost wondering if these guys are making these leaks up and just changing a couple files and calling it a new leak just to get the publicity. What can be so much different from .448 to .450? If anyone happens to install both of these OS's please let us now if there is any noticeable change at all.

Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

PIN
    Bell
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Liked
    15 times
    I noticed some good changes with the 448. I'll write them both up tomorrow, downloading the 450 now and will load shortly. Need a few hours to play with it.

Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1502 times
    Quote Originally Posted by joshjamie View Post
    I noticed some good changes with the 448. I'll write them both up tomorrow, downloading the 450 now and will load shortly. Need a few hours to play with it.
    Sweet, thanks. Would be nice to see some change logs leak as well with these Operating Systems.

Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    joshjamie - I guess what surprises me that you are loading a 9650 OS6 CDMA non-touch screen onto a 9800 NON CDMA touch screen devise. It seems that would be an issue. I guess you are saying that an OS6 for a BB has all software required for CDMA, non CDMA, touch screen and non-touch screen? Is that a correct interpretation?

PIN
    Bell
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Liked
    15 times
    joshjamie - I guess what surprises me that you are loading a 9650 OS6 CDMA non-touch screen onto a 9800 NON CDMA touch screen devise. It seems that would be an issue. I guess you are saying that an OS6 for a BB has all software required for CDMA, non CDMA, touch screen and non-touch screen? Is that a correct interpretation?
    You misunderstood me Neil....I loaded the 6.0.0.448 for the 9800 Torch....not the 9650 operating system...the device would not allow the 9650 operating system to be loaded onto it and vice versa

Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    Thanks, that makes sense to me

Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    joshjamie - I see that you are recommending a Sprint OS (no problem for me) but it is .415 and the version I have installed is .431 so do you really think that the password saving will work in a older version?

PIN
    Bell
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Liked
    15 times
    Neil,

I just grabbed that one, guessing who your carrier is. You can use whatever os that you want to.

Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    I don't think anyone has an OS higher than .431 so maybe someone who has OS 6 installed on a 9650 will be kind enough to advise if the password feature of the BB browser is working for them.

Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    For anyone that has the saving login information correctly - please tell me if the login information is saved on all web sites or only web sites that have a "remember me". Also, does your BB pop up with a prompt asking if you would like to save or does it just save without any prompt.

Thank You

alap1983 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    For anyone that has the saving login information correctly - please tell me if the login information is saved on all web sites or only web sites that have a "remember me". Also, does your BB pop up with a prompt asking if you would like to save or does it just save without any prompt.

Thank You
    You asked a VERY RIGHT Question!

The "Remember Password" Feature ON the website HAS to be present for the "Login" Information to be STORED on YOUR BlackBerry!
    If the Site DOES NOT have "Remember Password" Tick Box.. THEN the Login information WILL NOT be saved on your Blackberry.

REASON: "Remember Password" Stores a "Cookie" (non-edible kind!) on YOUR BlackBerry. Hence next time you visit (& assuming you have NOT Cleared Cookies) you will have the "Login" information automatically entered!

FURTHER... only 1 login credentials will work.. NOT multiple logins. Just Saying & information.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast