Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The Rhino is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    3242C7F4
    Device
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by Neolantis View Post
    You should be able to get rid of the games through the desktop manager. The Verizon stuff gets pushed, so even if you get rid of their stuff, things like slacker, nfl, will end up coming back.

The good news is that if you highlight what you want hidden and press the BB key you can choose hide. It will still be there, you wont see it unless you press the BB key again and choose "show all"

You can also make a junk folder, call it Misc. for example, move everything that you don't want into that folder. that's what I do. Keep in mind that some things won't move, but most will.
    I actually just did both of these things last night... I used Hide for all of it first, then thought Hide is actually a useful tool and I wanted to use it as it was meant to be used; so I created a new folder called GARBAGE and moved all the crap to there. And yes Josh, after looking closer last night, youre right, theyre just links... which also explains why none of it is listed under applications; 3rd party or otherwise.

Thanks again guys!:hail:

bbprintz215 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow bbprintz215 On Twitter
    PIN
    32653d3c
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    Whats up Rhino? Welcome to

The Rhino is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    3242C7F4
    Device
    OS
    Thanks for the welcome, printz.

After spending a little more time with the phone, I'm pretty comfortable going through the service book under advanced options like Josh suggested. Much better!

I must say that the learning curve was a little steep for a first time user, but WOW! I'm pretty familiar with the device now and I'm really happy I bought it. The sheer amount of things it can do for me at work AND at home is great.

Lack of Flash support is my only gripe...

Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rhino View Post
    Thanks for the welcome, printz.

After spending a little more time with the phone, I'm pretty comfortable going through the service book under advanced options like Josh suggested. Much better!

I must say that the learning curve was a little steep for a first time user, but WOW! I'm pretty familiar with the device now and I'm really happy I bought it. The sheer amount of things it can do for me at work AND at home is great.

Lack of Flash support is my only gripe...
    I believe the flash support is coming to BB devices with the new OS that will feature on the PlayBook.

judpma012 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    if you download Google Search is is really easy to use with any theme you might install....instead of using that browser that on the BB..... the OS browser is a hassle to use sometimes and with some themes. Google Search is free and, is simple, and works all the time

Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by judpma012 View Post
    if you download Google Search is is really easy to use with any theme you might install....instead of using that browser that on the BB..... the OS browser is a hassle to use sometimes and with some themes. Google Search is free and, is simple, and works all the time
    Good point, the Google search app is one of my most used web apps.

avianu3009 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    Device
    9900 bold
    OS
    7.1.0.523 Bundle1646
    Carrier
    IDEA Cellular
    Dear Joe,
    i had a problem in my BB 9650 bold. After downloading new spring themes from BB App world, its not making any change in the home screen. what would be the problem. you helped earlier also and expecting same this time also. i am from India and currently using OS 6.0.0.524.

Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by avianu3009 View Post
    Dear Joe,
    i had a problem in my BB 9650 bold. After downloading new spring themes from BB App world, its not making any change in the home screen. what would be the problem. you helped earlier also and expecting same this time also. i am from India and currently using OS 6.0.0.524.
    Hello avianu,

You need to go to Options... Display... Screen Display... then scroll down to the bottom of the list till you see your list of themes. Click on the one you want to activate. Now exit out to your homescreen.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast