Got the new Bold!
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Got the new Bold!

  1. #1
    manofice's Avatar
    manofice is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Charlotte
    Device
    Bold 9930
    OS
    7.0.0.353
    Posts
    701
    Liked
    3 times

    Got the new Bold!

    I'm currently a 9550 Blackberry owner, I going to test the new Bold out and give it a shot. I'm def going back to the storm2 but going to see how this weeks.

    Will post a few pictures soon



    Uploaded with ImageShack.us



    Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by manofice; 05-17-2010 at 02:21 PM.


    Running BB 9930 7.0.0.353
    BlackBerry Certified Support Specialist (v5.0)


  2. #2
    Orio's Avatar
    Orio is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Christiansburg, VA
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Posts
    1,304
    Liked
    1 times
    Cool !!! let us all know what you think ....



  3. #3
    dbone15's Avatar
    dbone15 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NYC
    PIN
    Bwahahaha!
    Device
    Tour 9630 & Sto
    OS
    Always Changing
    Posts
    161
    Liked
    1 times

  4. #4
    manofice's Avatar
    manofice is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Charlotte
    Device
    Bold 9930
    OS
    7.0.0.353
    Posts
    701
    Liked
    3 times
    Runns pretty fast, transitions are real quick, wifi works (to bad we can't input a proxy). Have tons of apps installed and of course tons of memory left. BES activated. Going to test bluetooth in the car
    Running BB 9930 7.0.0.353
    BlackBerry Certified Support Specialist (v5.0)

  5. #5
    dbone15's Avatar
    dbone15 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NYC
    PIN
    Bwahahaha!
    Device
    Tour 9630 & Sto
    OS
    Always Changing
    Posts
    161
    Liked
    1 times
    Is the keypad the same exact size as the Tour?

  6. #6
    manofice's Avatar
    manofice is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Charlotte
    Device
    Bold 9930
    OS
    7.0.0.353
    Posts
    701
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dbone15 View Post
    Is the keypad the same exact size as the Tour?
    I believe so but ill confirm tomorrow morning.
    On a side note when I choose to listen to a local station on I heart radio the program freezes and I have to pull the battery
    Posted via mobile device

  7. #7
    R1cE's Avatar
    R1cE is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow R1cE On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.699 Willboy's
    Posts
    103
    Liked
    1 times
    Is this a special pre-order unit? I was unaware the Bold2 was available to the public right now. Or are you a wizard???:bigeyes::bigeyes::bigeyes::bigeyes::bige yes::bigeyes:
    Follow me on twitter: @riseofr1ce

  8. #8
    manofice's Avatar
    manofice is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Charlotte
    Device
    Bold 9930
    OS
    7.0.0.353
    Posts
    701
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by R1cE View Post
    Is this a special pre-order unit? I was unaware the Bold2 was available to the public right now. Or are you a wizard???:bigeyes::bigeyes::bigeyes::bigeyes::bige yes::bigeyes:
    I got the hook up
    Running BB 9930 7.0.0.353
    BlackBerry Certified Support Specialist (v5.0)

  9. #9
    dlbaker1179's Avatar
    dlbaker1179 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow dlbaker1179 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    PIN
    323ECDA9
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    ????
    Posts
    61
    Liked
    0 times
    so is anyone running the leaked .692 for it yet! I HAVE MY STOCK BUT HAVE HYBRIDS ON MY TYOUR
    Follow Me On Twitter: @BB_Daymon
    BBM: 323ECDA9

  10. #10
    thymaster is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow thymaster On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    PIN
    30B782F2
    Device
    BB Tour
    OS
    4.7
    Posts
    25
    Liked
    0 times
    Congrats on your new toy.

  11. #11
    manofice's Avatar
    manofice is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Charlotte
    Device
    Bold 9930
    OS
    7.0.0.353
    Posts
    701
    Liked
    3 times
    I gave it back already, back to my storm 2 which I loooove. The new bold is solid though. To bad sprint's coverage sucks...
    Running BB 9930 7.0.0.353
    BlackBerry Certified Support Specialist (v5.0)

  12. #12
    Klypr is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    9530
    Posts
    57
    Liked
    0 times
    FedEx just dropped mine off. Just got done activating it now I'm restoring DB's from my old 9630 and reactivating on BES. Will post an update once it's completed and I get to play around with it a bit.

  13. #13
    Klypr is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    9530
    Posts
    57
    Liked
    0 times
    I've had it up and running now for about 4 hours now. Spent some time to restore backups and get everything set up the way I like it and my first impressions are positive.

    The Good:
    -This thing is speedy. Everything moves the way you would expect it to with very few hang ups. I can switch between windows, cycle through menus and type messages as quickly as my fingers can. It's gotten lagged up a time or two but that might be related to the fact that I've only cycled it a few times.

    -WiFi is awesome. Browsing the web on my 9630 was painful. I've only used the Blackberry Browser yet, but all the sites I typically go to load fast and render well.

    -The trackpad is tits. I'll groan every time I have to use a trackball from this point forward. We shit canned Mice with balls 7 some years ago. It's time to **** can trackballs.

    The Bad:
    -The OS shipped with the device has crap radio code. The signal will randomly go from full to nothing just sitting there. Then, it will go back to full a few minutes later. Call quality sounds clear, but I've made 5 phone calls since I got it and 2 of them randomly dropped. No big deal, I'm sure that will be fixed in the next few weeks.

    -The Blackberry Browser's search bar only has Bing, Wikipedia, and Dictionary.com as available searches. I have not yet found a setting to allow me to add another and it's pissing me off that Verizon sucks so many ****s. Again no big deal, I just haven't installed Opera yet.

    -When I first started reading about this device I figured it would be modeled more closely to the 9700, but it looks like Verizon told RIM to take the guts out of the 9700 and stuff them into a 9630 case. If you ignore the obvious difference being the trackpad, they are identical. Right down the the 1380mAh battery. I'm guessing Verizon didn't want to loose out on their huge stock of D-X1's instead of giving us the better 1400mAh M-S1's.

    -Speaking of batteries; I have only partially charged it (to about 65%) so this one might not be a problem, but during about an hours time of me setting it up, it dropped down to 20%. I could do the same on my 9630 and would barely see a 5% drop. This one is probably related to the ****ty radio code so hopefully it's fixed with either an official or leaked update.
    Last edited by Klypr; 06-10-2010 at 04:18 PM.

  14. #14
    mule0331's Avatar
    mule0331 is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow mule0331 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    North East Ohio
    PIN
    3102D902
    Device
    9550 Storm
    OS
    .517
    Posts
    595
    Liked
    0 times
    Just got my wifes set up, and from the hour or so Ive played with it, I can honestly say that this is what the Tour should have been in the first place. The phone is responsive, and quick in transitioning between apps. Trackpad is responsive and sure beats the ball. The crap radio mention earlier, was that VZW or Sprint? Ive seen no issues with our VZW Bold as of yet. Im curious to see what the changes in the new Official OS are.
    No matter where you go, there you are

  15. #15
    mule0331's Avatar
    mule0331 is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow mule0331 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    North East Ohio
    PIN
    3102D902
    Device
    9550 Storm
    OS
    .517
    Posts
    595
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Klypr View Post
    I've had it up and running now for about 4 hours now. Spent some time to restore backups and get everything set up the way I like it and my first impressions are positive.

    The Good:
    -This thing is speedy. Everything moves the way you would expect it to with very few hang ups. I can switch between windows, cycle through menus and type messages as quickly as my fingers can. It's gotten lagged up a time or two but that might be related to the fact that I've only cycled it a few times.

    -WiFi is awesome. Browsing the web on my 9630 was painful. I've only used the Blackberry Browser yet, but all the sites I typically go to load fast and render well.

    -The trackpad is tits. I'll groan every time I have to use a trackball from this point forward. We shit canned Mice with balls 7 some years ago. It's time to **** can trackballs.

    The Bad:
    -The OS shipped with the device has crap radio code. The signal will randomly go from full to nothing just sitting there. Then, it will go back to full a few minutes later. Call quality sounds clear, but I've made 5 phone calls since I got it and 2 of them randomly dropped. No big deal, I'm sure that will be fixed in the next few weeks.

    -The Blackberry Browser's search bar only has Bing, Wikipedia, and Dictionary.com as available searches. I have not yet found a setting to allow me to add another and it's pissing me off that Verizon sucks so many ****s. Again no big deal, I just haven't installed Opera yet.

    -When I first started reading about this device I figured it would be modeled more closely to the 9700, but it looks like Verizon told RIM to take the guts out of the 9700 and stuff them into a 9630 case. If you ignore the obvious difference being the trackpad, they are identical. Right down the the 1380mAh battery. I'm guessing Verizon didn't want to loose out on their huge stock of D-X1's instead of giving us the better 1400mAh M-S1's.

    -Speaking of batteries; I have only partially charged it (to about 65%) so this one might not be a problem, but during about an hours time of me setting it up, it dropped down to 20%. I could do the same on my 9630 and would barely see a 5% drop. This one is probably related to the ****ty radio code so hopefully it's fixed with either an official or leaked update.
    you on VZW or Sprint?
    No matter where you go, there you are

  16. #16
    Klypr is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    9530
    Posts
    57
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm on Verizon and the new Official OS update seems to have fixed the radio problems.

  17. #17
    Zamkato's Avatar
    Zamkato is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow Zamkato On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Device
    9700
    OS
    6.0.0.534
    Carrier
    Airtel
    Posts
    12
    Liked
    4 times
    Keypad isnt the same its a little smaller

  18. #18
    jerry12's Avatar
    jerry12 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Greenville , NC
    PIN
    32FE4F87
    Device
    Bold 9930
    OS
    V7.0.0.374 / 1739
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Posts
    32
    Liked
    7 times

    Unhappy 9650 wifi

    the wifi doesn't very good on my 9650 and i have OS 6.0.431 U.S. Cellular is the carrier. Over on crackberry is a lot of talk about the wifi crapping out on the 9650.

  19. #19
    Joe Jerde's Avatar
    Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    10.0.9.2743
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    7,805
    Liked
    1498 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jerry12 View Post
    the wifi doesn't very good on my 9650 and i have OS 6.0.431 U.S. Cellular is the carrier. Over on crackberry is a lot of talk about the wifi crapping out on the 9650.
    Mine works great. Update to the new .600 release that just came out... Official: 6.0.0.600 for BlackBerry Bold 9650 via Sprint

    Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •