302C0C10
    Device
    8330/8530
    OS
    5.0.0.438/5.0.0.337
    Liked
    0 times

No 9650 today :(

Why does VZW not have the 9650 yet? i kept seeing may 1st as the day they were getting it. i went there today they did not have it, nor did the 3 associates i talked to know anything about it. im jumpin ship to the motorola droid if they dont have it on the 15th.

ps - i hate you VZW

sunkast Guest
    May1 was always just a rumor. As are May 16, and 23. There has been no official word from Verizon as to when they will launch the Bold 9650.

jmu33 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    302C0C10
    Device
    8330/8530
    OS
    5.0.0.438/5.0.0.337
    Liked
    0 times
    lol i should have figured that a actual release date from VZW was to good to be true..............

MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Liked
    1 times
    Yeah, I went to a VZW store the other day to talk with a rep there (first mistake) and he said that Verizon wasn't going to take the 9650 because of the "Bold" Moniker. Says that the name would have to be changed before VZW would sell it. I said "Then why do you sell the Curve?"......*cricket cricket* -turns and walks away slowly.
    Posted via mobile device

happystormuser is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    storm 1
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MePascal View Post
    Yeah, I went to a VZW store the other day to talk with a rep there (first mistake) and he said that Verizon wasn't going to take the 9650 because of the "Bold" Moniker. Says that the name would have to be changed before VZW would sell it. I said "Then why do you sell the Curve?"......*cricket cricket* -turns and walks away slowly.
    Posted via mobile device

You would think with all their training they would have more product intelligence than anyone else. It kills me when I go into a Verizon store and listen to them talk to customers, it seerms like all they know about is android, and when someone asks about a BB or palm or an winmo device they give the customer bad info, or they talk about their other products with negativity. Do you think they get a better commission of android phones?
    Posted via mobile device
    Last edited by happystormuser; 05-01-2010 at 03:00 PM.

Brett Wyman is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    7 times
    They don't get extra commission for a particular phone. However, I believe they do lose that commission if the person comes back with in 30 days to return the phone. They are playing it safe by having the customer check out Android phones rather then BlackBerry.

PIN
    302C0C10
    Device
    8330/8530
    OS
    5.0.0.438/5.0.0.337
    Liked
    0 times
    there was one sale rep tryin to sell a family a blackberry lol i knew more than him and prolly could have sold it better, he didnt even seem to talk about how blackberrys email is the BEST or anything of the good things of blackberry

PIN
    302C0C10
    Device
    8330/8530
    OS
    5.0.0.438/5.0.0.337
    Liked
    0 times
    lol you would think they would "know" a lil more about phones that are supposed to come out.........did u ask him why theres VZW branded 9650 videos out there?

Hodges is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    312939D8
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    I use to work for VZW and let me be the first to tell you that unless you know someone that is a Data Consultant, or one of the Data Lab Techs then you really don't know anything more then what infoman tells you. Usually you know about a new device 3 days to a week before it comes out (if your lucky). If you are just any plain ol' joe then forgot about it. I will agree with anyone though when it comes to dumb reps because I hated the customer service transfers to tech support that was a non technical issue. A lot of them get by without knowing anything and it kills me. NEVER I repeat NEVER deal with the store unless you want to do their job for them lol. All the experiences I have dealt with, 85% of them were because of something the store rep did/did not tell the customer. I have walked into numerous stores even now that I don't work for them and I tell the rep how to his/her job. Just call Customer Service even if it has to be 3 times.
    Last edited by Hodges; 05-02-2010 at 04:25 PM.